ADVERTISEMENT

OT - car body repair in Omaha

Row80

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2008
Looking for a shop to do some minor repair after an accident. The following are shops are touted by the insurance company, do you have any recommendations from this list:
  • Great Plains Auto Body - 145th & Grover
  • Inter Tech Collision - Ralston
  • Abra Auto Body & Glass - 89th & F
  • H&H
  • Huber
  • Northwest Carstar - 120th & Maple
Any other good recommendations - in/near Millard/SW Omaha?

Thanks

Looking for a shop to do some minor repair after an accident. The following are shops are touted by the insurance company, do you have any recommendations from this list:
  • H&H
  • Huber

Thanks
if you want the best red rooster,
if you want reasonable, micks

I've been in this biz my entire life, having owned a body shop in Omaha and as a claim adjuster. I know every single one of those shops, ABRA is run by the straightest shooter I know in this entire biz. We were competitors for 15 years, as my shop was very close to his..when I sold my shop, my father and I started taking our crashed cars there.

Thanks for the replies so far. Second question (my first time dealing with a claim):

We have a $500 deductible. I doubt the damage to our car is $500 (only a broken tail light cover). Since we've filed a claim to repair the other car, insurance agent suggested we might as well use it to repair our car. Assuming the damage to our car is less than $500, I assume that insurance won't pay anything toward our car so I'll be paying for it whether we put it on the claim or not.

So, is there an advantage to not putting our repair in as part of the claim?

Reactions: WHCSC
Thanks for the replies so far. Second question (my first time dealing with a claim):

We have a $500 deductible. I doubt the damage to our car is $500 (only a broken tail light cover). Since we've filed a claim to repair the other car, insurance agent suggested we might as well use it to repair our car. Assuming the damage to our car is less than $500, I assume that insurance won't pay anything toward our car so I'll be paying for it whether we put it on the claim or not.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if the damages are that small, you never should have called your agent to start with, and should call them back and cancel your claim ASAP. Your agent isn't doing you any favors to suggest you proceed forward with that claim...

• H&H
  • Huber

Thanks

Daves

Reactions: LightningJack

upullit

Reactions: cornhustler
I'm not sure what you are asking, but if the damages are that small, you never should have called your agent to start with, and should call them back and cancel your claim ASAP. Your agent isn't doing you any favors to suggest you proceed forward with that claim...

The damage to the other car is enough to warrant a claim, as I don't have a couple thousand right now to fix the other car. But the damage to our car is minor, so the question is if there is an advantage to not repairing our car as part of the claim. I assume that the work on our car will be less than the deductible, so I'll be paying for it whether I put it on as part of the claim or not.

Another outstanding shop...gawd I wish I could relate some personal first hand stories with one or two of the shops that have mentioned in this thread, but I'd probably get sued by them, even though I'd be telling truth.

Have used Dingman and we were happy with the work. Family owned, I went to HS with the kids.

I’ve been very lucky to not need car body work done, but the two times I have we used the Dingmans at 144 and Industrial. Can’t complain about the work.

Another outstanding shop...gawd I wish I could relate some personal first hand stories with one or two of the shops that have mentioned in this thread, but I'd probably get sued by them, even though I'd be telling truth.
Could you mention a few shops that we might want to get references on before using? I don't think that the insurers can require you to take your car to a particular place, but some do make it clear where they would prefer that you go.

Check out B street collision. Good friend runs it and everyone I’ve sent there has had a good experience.

How about stories with "names changed to protect..." you.

Nope. I have an amazing job/career now, and I ain't jepordizing it for this.... yeah I misspelled that..I can cut a car in half and put it back together, never did learn how to spell though.

Reactions: Row80
Dave's, all day.
Ask your insurance company about diminished value of your vehicle. Even when fixed properly, It's worth less after accident. You can get money back from insurance company cause your vehicle is worth less. Similar too house claim/damage I believe.
Just found out about this recently. Most insurance won't tell you volunteerily.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
  • H&H
  • Huber

Thanks
Big John’s will be half the coat and just as good. Avoid the insurance claim

Dave's, all day.
Ask your insurance company about diminished value of your vehicle. Even when fixed properly, It's worth less after accident. You can get money back from insurance company cause your vehicle is worth less. Similar too house claim/damage I believe.
Just found out about this recently. Most insurance won't tell you volunteerily.

Nebraska doesn't really have a specific law on the books about this. Some state don't, some do'. Not saying you won't get it, but it isn't a certainty in this state. Some ins companies make you jump thru so many hoops to get it, it's hardly worth it. Plus, if you know you're going to retain your car until the wheels fall off, or for a really long time, the longer it is from the date of accident to date of sale, the less the re-sale is influenced. People expect older cars to have been in a fender bender, nobody wants o buy one fairly new that's been wrecked, so it's a difficult thing to figure out sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT