ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best small town eats in the state

My wife & I had our wedding rehearsal party there!

Is the Starving Stallion still open?
It recently reopened with new owners. Now called Wagon Wheel. They have very good cheeseburgers. Also Hungry Horse has sirloin chicken fried steak that's hard to beat.

Reactions: HuskerO
Gotta mention Leroy's in North Bend, used to be called the Rawhide. Not quite as good good as it used to be, but still has good prime rib.

For hamburgers... I also really like the Cigar Factory in Plattsmouth

I wouldn't go to Bob's bar expecting the states best burger. It's just about the quantity of food. One small town place I like is Jerry's hilltop near the 81/20 intersection on 81. Sunday dinners are all homemade grandma style meals.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
Former Hastings Nebraska boy from decades ago.

I loved the Barrel Bar and Kitty’s Roadhouse

Nothing beats a stormer when you’re hung over. - half bun and 1/3 char burger covered in Chile and onions

Loved the Barrel Bar as a kid. Have not been there since the seventies. My wife calls Nebraska "The Land of Iceberg Lettuce". South Central Nebraska is not exactly the bastion of fine dining. I usually stop at King Soopers near DIA at the Bennett Exit and fill up a cooler before making the drive over. I was just back for Memorial Day and on the way back home I had another great meal at Root Down inside DIA. Best airport restaurant I've ever eaten at. Other than going and coming from the airport I haven't spent much time in Omaha, but I am continually impressed with Lincoln's restaurants.

Former Hastings Nebraska boy from decades ago.

I loved the Barrel Bar and Kitty’s Roadhouse

Nothing beats a stormer when you’re hung over. - half bun and 1/3 char burger covered in Chile and onions
Isn't it the Stromer?? Agree barrel bar was always a treat. Just couldn't get fries.

Rowdys in fairbury has good chicken fried steak. Baxter agree or am I barking/howling at the moon? After all I'm the only one on here that felt the earthquake I believe

Bar in Garland used to have the best prime rib I'd had. Not sure if it still is as good.

Lippy''s bbq in Malcom has my vote.

We ate at "Speakeasy" in Sacramento NE a year ago. Best tomahawk prime rib I've ever eaten. 32 oz with garlic butter. Mrs Sparky & I split it and brought half of it home. It doesn't even come with a knife. Never had beef this tender & flavorful in my life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT