• White Elm (Lincoln)

• Kros Strain (Omaha)

• Bearded Brewer (Omaha)

• Vis Major (Omaha)

• Lumen (Omaha)

• Scratchtown (Ord)

• Monolithic

• Jukes

• Other Thunderhead, Kinkaider, Infusion, Benson, Brickway etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kinkaider Brewery best in state overall. Innovative, different brews, always enjoy
Glacial Till has the best cider
Brickway in Omaha best Ginger beer for mixers (mules) great stuff

Reactions: kruller
Had some really good craft beers at the German sausage and beer festival at the Liederkranz in G.I. yesterday.

There was a beer from North Loup that was popcorn flavored and it was pretty damn good. Another from a brewer that made cider that was herbal, I think from Lincoln, and was pretty damn good. Another that had lemon and orange and it was really good. Another cider from Glacial Till Vineyard in Palmyra and everything they had was really good. Akrs agriculture had a corn beer that could replace Bud Light for those interested.

I know this isn't beer, but if you're ever in G.I. go get some Nielsens jalapeno sausage...that mofo was delicious! There was a potato sausage there that got me speaking Swedish it was so good, and a macaroni and cheese flavored sausage that I would have loved to wrap in bacon and put that puppy in the oven or air fryer!

It’s overly sweet, but pretty good overall
When it comes to hard cider from Nebraska, Glacial Till (normal) is the one I choose.

I've gotten spoiled by all the local hard cider in the PNW, which is why I always bring my own when I drive back to Nebraska.

It's good to see that hard cider has finally gotten popular in NE - it used to be the only ones available were Angry Orchard.

I didn't vote because I don't consider myself much of a beer snob or even remotely capable of opining. That said, I enjoy breweries as much for the fun of going and doing something "different." You know, drink a couple beers and shoot the shit with some friends. So, I don't know if their beer is great (I enjoy it) but I have two recs if anyone is looking to get out of Lincoln. Stone Hollow Brewery in Beatrice is in a restored old building, has a fun vibe and has food trucks outside regularly. If you REALLY want to head out into the middle of nowhere try Lazy Horse Vinyard and Brewing south of Ohiowa. They had some tasty thin crust pizza there as well.

Also, all IPA's should be poured directly into the nearest toilet. That is all.

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT