ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bad teacher

That's about 0.00004% of all teachers in the U.S.

U.S. politicians can blow that statistic away. It's something like 15% according to my sources at Breitbart.
Yeah on both counts, though that’s the number caught, not the actual

I taught at a HS of about 400 kids and it was known for some wild parties. The kids had some crazy and consistent stories about some of the girl's mothers making out with the HS boys. How much further it went, I never asked.
Was that your last school?☺😂

I'll wager 10 cents that most of the respondents on here didn't actually read the article. The student was 17 and the "teacher" wasn't actually employed by the school district. While I understand the taboo and don't approve of same sex relationships, the idea that an independent contractor adult is a criminal for having sex with a 17 year old student seems to harken back to the dark ages. I think they've shown that a large percentage of teenagers are sexually active and with the acceleration of that in our youth in part due to various media influences, I think they need to re-visit when teenagers are considered adults for reason of statutory rape.

IMO, the imaginary line of 18 is outdated in today's world. I think it's ridiculous that some people end up on a sex offenders list for having sex with a 17 year old girl when they're 18. A friend's son found himself in exactly that situation and did time in the big house for it. Yikes.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt since the article was confusing to read and written kinda of poorly. But

The teacher was the current music director so she was a full time teacher, it was the husband who was the former music director who reported her.
It actually wouldn't have mattered if she had been a district employee or not, if she was employed as a teacher even part time it would have still been a no no.

Its not the fact that the student was 17, it was the fact that it was a teacher and student dynamic which is the thing that you just cant do..You have a power dynamic issue at play. One person is in a position of authority over another. So it really has nothing to do about the "dark ages" thing you mentioned or backwards thinking about her age. It was a power dynamic which is always a taboo thing when it comes to school relationships. This is why even at colleges when students are well over legal age they are not supposed to be dating their professors and professors can be disciplined and fired for dating even adult students because of the power dynamic rules. Yeah I know it still happens, but professors still get disciplined and even fired over these things from time to time and has nothing to do with age, but the power dynamic.

The teacher is just a monumental IDIOT of epic proportions though. All she had to do was wait 2 months until the student graduated to start a physical relationship with her then no one would have cared and she wouldnt have lost her career. She could have just kept in touch via text or whatever platform and not made things too raunchy, just to keep tabs on her maybe even promising things could be different come June when she graduates...

It wouldnt have mattered if the ex student was still not quite 18.either.cuz the other woman was only 26 anyway. No one would have given a F&ck about the relationship as long as she was no longer her student. Yeah her parents could have bitched and moaned about it, but she would have been an eyelash from 18 or even 18 by the time she graduated and there wouldnt have been a thing they could do about it...

Thats just dumb.

My question is that did the husband report it cause he was a "mandated" reporter..or cuz he was pissed? or both?

That's about 0.00004% of all teachers in the U.S.

U.S. politicians can blow that statistic away. It's something like 15% according to my sources at Breitbart.
Buuut the politicians are at least banging their adult age Interns and not their underage (making them pedos) students. Like teachers are in most of these cases with the teachers. (And I hate defending politicians btw).

But there is a major difference here is there not?

The teachers are fu%king underage kids while the politicians are f^cking adult interns. Kind of a big difference no?

Interesting topic…. Over the past month I have has to complete job related online courses dealing with relationships… one from the USTA for running a tennis tourney and the other school related as to protocols… in both thee was a heavy dose of the POWER in the relationship angle…. Which makes sense.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Buuut the politicians are at least banging their adult age Interns and not their underage (making them pedos) students. Like teachers are in most of these cases with the teachers. (And I hate defending politicians btw).

But there is a major difference here is there not?

The teachers are fu%king underage kids while the politicians are f^cking adult interns. Kind of a big difference no?
The difference is access. If politicians were around teenagers on a regular basis, they would be victimizing them too but at a higher rate. The problem though is politicians can get away with it (like that pervert from Florida).

I will give you the benefit of the doubt since the article was confusing to read and written kinda of poorly. But

The teacher was the current music director so she was a full time teacher, it was the husband who was the former music director who reported her.
It actually wouldn't have mattered if she had been a district employee or not, if she was employed as a teacher even part time it would have still been a no no.

Its not the fact that the student was 17, it was the fact that it was a teacher and student dynamic which is the thing that you just cant do..You have a power dynamic issue at play. One person is in a position of authority over another. So it really has nothing to do about the "dark ages" thing you mentioned or backwards thinking about her age. It was a power dynamic which is always a taboo thing when it comes to school relationships. This is why even at colleges when students are well over legal age they are not supposed to be dating their professors and professors can be disciplined and fired for dating even adult students because of the power dynamic rules. Yeah I know it still happens, but professors still get disciplined and even fired over these things from time to time and has nothing to do with age, but the power dynamic.

The teacher is just a monumental IDIOT of epic proportions though. All she had to do was wait 2 months until the student graduated to start a physical relationship with her then no one would have cared and she wouldnt have lost her career. She could have just kept in touch via text or whatever platform and not made things too raunchy, just to keep tabs on her maybe even promising things could be different come June when she graduates...

It wouldnt have mattered if the ex student was still not quite 18.either.cuz the other woman was only 26 anyway. No one would have given a F&ck about the relationship as long as she was no longer her student. Yeah her parents could have bitched and moaned about it, but she would have been an eyelash from 18 or even 18 by the time she graduated and there wouldnt have been a thing they could do about it...

Thats just dumb.

My question is that did the husband report it cause he was a "mandated" reporter..or cuz he was pissed? or both?
Clearly my reading comprehension wasn't very good on this deal. That said, 45 years ago at my high school, high school girls were always hitting on teachers. I just find the line in the sand of 18 years to be stupid. Yeah a teacher who messes around with as student should probably be fired and not allowed to teach again, but I'm not a fan of locking them up for that. I understand the whole taboo on teacher-student hookups. It's unfortunate that colleges aren't stricter about that.

Clearly my reading comprehension wasn't very good on this deal. That said, 45 years ago at my high school, high school girls were always hitting on teachers. I just find the line in the sand of 18 years to be stupid. Yeah a teacher who messes around with as student should probably be fired and not allowed to teach again, but I'm not a fan of locking them up for that. I understand the whole taboo on teacher-student hookups. It's unfortunate that colleges aren't stricter about that.
Yeah I agree about shouldn't be locked up part.

I know 30 years ago when I was in HS there were two male teachers who "dated" girls in my SR class. One of them they got married (the girl srudent was foreign and u kmow they are a little bit more advanced them the US girls as a gen rule) , and the other I have no idea how long they dated for but the male teacher at that time is now a principal at a high school around here (if u can believe that)...

I'll wager 10 cents that most of the respondents on here didn't actually read the article. The student was 17 and the "teacher" wasn't actually employed by the school district. While I understand the taboo and don't approve of same sex relationships, the idea that an independent contractor adult is a criminal for having sex with a 17 year old student seems to harken back to the dark ages. I think they've shown that a large percentage of teenagers are sexually active and with the acceleration of that in our youth in part due to various media influences, I think they need to re-visit when teenagers are considered adults for reason of statutory rape.

IMO, the imaginary line of 18 is outdated in today's world. I think it's ridiculous that some people end up on a sex offenders list for having sex with a 17 year old girl when they're 18. A friend's son found himself in exactly that situation and did time in the big house for it. Yikes.
It's a law, they know it's a law, that's all there is to it. No matter what number you pick someone will always argue that it's arbitrary...and it is...but we picked that number and made it a law.

Don't bang kids

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT