ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have an e-bike?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Just ordered the Aventon Level.2... The torque sensor is an absolute game changer. If you've never ridden a bike with a torque sensor vs a cadence sensor, it's so much better IMO.

CAN'T WAIT. I wanted to get something that rode like a hybrid/mountain bike that was more paved/gravel/limestone type ride. I still plan to get a good workout (zero or level 1 assist) just go farther and I can now use it for when I'm going somewhere by myself too. I would very rarely do anything rougher than that. Read/watched like 500 articles and videos and came down to 3 models.

The two besides the one I ordered that I seriously considered were the Voletrek Discover 2 and the Engwe E26.

Engwe is cheaper, but I was a little skiddish on the mail/Internet order side of things, I ended up buying from a dealer because they do all the service work for 2 years under warranty and I don't have to deal with ordering crap.

Voletrek would be my second choice but for a couple hundred more and a longer delivery and Aventon has a free 2nd battery promo kind of sealed the deal.

I also considered the Aventon Adventure.2 which is a GREAT bike with fat tires, but ultimately wanted something more similar to what I was used to AND I wanted a bike that I could ride without battery in case it ran out...didn't want to be stuck somewhere.

If you are in the market, I cannot recommend enough Zach at CycleZoo.com in Omaha. He was GREAT and super helpful and having a local shop to go to with issues/questions is so valuable.

Bike comes on Tuesday and I can't freaking wait!!!!

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News