ADVERTISEMENT

OT another school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is so true, how come you guys need guns at all? You'll still have trucks and hammers and knives, so why do you need a gun for "home defense?" Why the insistence on protecting firearms, are they by any chance a much more efficient tool for killing a person than just about anything else you can buy?

I'm starting to believe you enjoy when things like this happen so you can spew your delusional fantasies.

If this is so true, how come you guys need guns at all? You'll still have trucks and hammers and knives, so why do you need a gun for "home defense?" Why the insistence on protecting firearms, are they by any chance a much more efficient tool for killing a person than just about anything else you can buy?
Because it's my right. We have been through this. I use guns for hunting and hobby as well. But by all means, keep going. It's funny how you never comment on the government's inability to enforce current gun laws..... hmmm. Wonder why

Reactions: TheNewNU
You've convinced me. I say we sent the Marines in with U-Hauls for their next tour in Afghanistan.
Nah. I like our military well-trained, well-staffed, and well-armed. I care about my fellow citizens. Even the ones who want to take my rights away.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I'm starting to believe you enjoy when things like this happen so you can spew your delusional fantasies.
What a productive contribution to the dialogue. "If you present two flawed ideas and the person explains why they're flawed, just say they like it when children are murdered."

What an asshole I am for wanting to inconvenience you guys by trying to reduce the number of people who are killed for no reason. You all act like you'll explode into flames if you had to take an exam or kill a deer without being able to put 30 rounds downrange on it in 20 seconds. Sweet Jesus, it's a test not an anal probe.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
At this time if you have children tell them that you love them tonight...

Ya never know when this can happen again.

Say a prayer for the victims family tonight as well.

This needs a bump with the unsolved bekering.

Because it's my right. We have been through this. I use guns for hunting and hobby as well. But by all means, keep going. It's funny how you never comment on the government's inability to enforce current gun laws..... hmmm. Wonder why
It's your right to dress exclusively in spandex and dance down the sidewalk singing Neil Diamond's greatest hits. Yet I suspect you don't do that simply because it's your right. Is there some reason why you can't just agree that a gun is a better weapon than the other stuff out there and that's why you choose to have it?

Sadly, it is much to do with our Post-God, moral relativism that is causing the disconnect in dialogue.

What do we teach our children if right and wrong are just subjective opinion?
Why is killing and stealing wrong? Why should it matter if you inconvenience someone else or stop someone's heart from beating? Kids are taught that they are just molecules that think.

It's your right to dress exclusively in spandex and dance down the sidewalk singing Neil Diamond's greatest hits. Yet I suspect you don't do that simply because it's your right. Is there some reason why you can't just agree that a gun is a better weapon than the other stuff out there and that's why you choose to have it?
Of course I can. I have numerous times. Keep leaping to your extremes. You are getting all upset again.
Please keep telling people how they should choose to live. And here I thought you claimed tolerance. Only fits with your ilk if you can control others.

Sadly, it is much to do with our Post-God, moral relativism that is causing the disconnect in dialogue.

Why is killing and stealing wrong? Why should it matter if you inconvenience someone else or stop someone's heart from beating? Kids are taught that they are just molecules that think.
So you're saying that if you're not afraid of going to hell there's no reason not to be an evil person?

Saddest, most baffling thing I can fathom. We won't get behind holding our representatives accountable to pass checks and tests with some actual teeth to require people to show they have two scraps of sense and mental stability to rub together.

Instead we send our kids to school to do drills for when somebody starts shooting up the place. It isn't hard to see the manufacturers have no interest in stopping it. Every time a big one happens they're sure to trot Wayne out to remind everyone they'd better buy some more of their own like that's some kind of solution.

Turned my stomach the day my 5 year old told me they did lockdown drills in school.

You are disgusting wrt this topic.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Bingo. The family dynamic has crumbled, and those guilty of it are too stupid to realize that's where it starts.

Of course I can. I have numerous times. Keep leaping to your extremes. You are getting all upset again.
Please keep telling people how they should choose to live. And here I thought you claimed tolerance. Only fits with your ilk if you can control others.
My goodness, how bent out of shape you must get about building codes.

What a productive contribution to the dialogue. "If you present two flawed ideas and the person explains why they're flawed, just say they like it when children are murdered."

What an asshole I am for wanting to inconvenience you guys by trying to reduce the number of people who are killed for no reason. You all act like you'll explode into flames if you had to take an exam or kill a deer without being able to put 30 rounds downrange on it in 20 seconds. Sweet Jesus, it's a test not an anal probe.
Awesome. More hysteria from the tolerant. Amazing

I've got a lot of guns. Having a lot of guns isn't really any more deadly than just having one or two guns. If I didn't have so many guns, I'd probably have a lot more ammo for the guns I did have......

I will not yield my rights to anyone any further. They have been erroded enough.

Awesome. More hysteria from the tolerant. Amazing
Lol, "hysteria." Are you on the side of the cool guys who are super proud to not feel feelings when a bunch of parents are gonna have to bury their kids next week? (takes a drag of unfiltered cigarette) "Sorry 'bout your kid in the refrigerator, but I've got pretend burglaries to thwart. I can use my homeowner's insurance to get another TV, but you can't get another kid. Wait...did I say that right? Whatever, I don't feel feelings. Wanted kids to live is for liberal pussies."

Lol, "hysteria." Are you on the side of the cool guys who are super proud to not feel feelings when a bunch of parents are gonna have to bury their kids next week? (takes a drag of unfiltered cigarette) "Sorry 'bout your kid in the refrigerator, but I've got pretend burglaries to thwart. I can use my homeowner's insurance to get another TV, but you can't get another kid. Wait...did I say that right? Whatever, I don't feel feelings. Wanted kids to live is for liberal pussies."

1000s of parents bury their children daily. You only come out with you liberal BS during multiple shootings.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
So you're saying that if you're not afraid of going to hell there's no reason not to be an evil person?
I'm saying, because of the presiding worldview of today, there are no defined constants of what good and bad is. We can't justify good or bad without a moral arbiter, and thus every man becomes his own under the secular model.

Our society is so messed up that we cannot even define what men and women are.

I feel we are programmed to be religious and to have a moral compass. But ones can and do become rebellious and try to justify their actions.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'll leave it at this

In Australia from 1983 to 1996 there were 13 mass shootings where more than 5 people were killed by guns, since enacting their regulations there have been 0. Does that mean it's perfect? No, there have been other styles of attacks, but in general the country is safer.

Once America decided it was okay that Sandy Hook happened it was over, regulating guns would make the country as a whole safer, I don't think anyone would argue that. Does it remove some of your individual safety to protect yourself? Yep. American culture is me first, most don't give a damn about others outside of their family, that is their values. You can talk about the decline of the traditional family, but that's happening around the entire world and we see far less violence outside of America. It's not about some arcane view of what a family should be, it comes to people not being willing to put others ahead of themselves.

It's not one single thing, there isn't one simple solution. When people feel isolated or uncared for or alienated they are prone to lash out. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try. Lets start with voluntary gun buy backs, let's let the government say it's okay to let private companies buy guns and have a method of destruction that is approved and observed. All the cost goes on those companies and individuals who care, which will be the Dems obviously. Then lets start investing in our communities, lets be willing to give a little to make society better as a whole, and that means on both sides.

1000s of parents bury their children daily. You only come out with you liberal BS during multiple shootings.
Well if you boys ever wanted to discuss how dumb it is to be an anti-vaxxer or leave a baby unattended in the bath we certainly could, but this is the only cause of death for kids that seems to get any play around here.

You're the second to make the ignore list today. I'm sure I'll see you again when you get banned...again. And make a new account...again.

You're grouping "guns" with mass killing weapons. I've asked several times for a logical explanation of why regular citizens should own the types of weapons that can shoot massive rounds in short succession, and no one has given me a logical answer.

You're right. Guns aren't going away, and a majority of Americans don't want them to go away. But a majority of Americans do want tighter restrictions, background checks and the removal of high capacity weapons.

Ok. I will play. Call me a hypocrite for getting pulled into the same stupid shit I wanted to avoid.

There are about 5 million legal privately held AR15 style rifles in the USA. I use the AR platform because its the boogeyman of the anti gun crowd. Standard magazine is a 30 round capacity. Lets very very conservatively assume there are 20 mags for each rifle owned. So 5 million evil black rifles with a 100 million magazines and a capacity of 3 billion rounds.

How many of those 5 million AR15s and 3 billion rounds have been used in the commission of a crime? FBI crime stats will show you that more people are killed by fists than rifles.

Listen, I think any POS who uses a gun to commit a crime should get 10 years minimum. More if they actually hurt someone. But dont lump the responsible people in with the crooks. One death is too many, but crazy finds a way. See pressure cookers in Boston a few years back as an example.

No one needs a car that goes over 85. Thats the max limit on our roads. Why not require automakers to limit cars to 85? Better yet, lets limit high performance engines. NY and CA can limit them to 30mph so we can all be safe!

And good for the “majority”. But there is such a thing in this country as the rights of the minority. People on all sides of many issues like to use that term when it suits their views. As an example, a majority of Americans might think the law cant compel a baker to make a cake. But in that case the left shouts about the rights of the minority. A majority of Americans have no problem with a Cross or Ten Commandments display. But we have to protect that minority who may be offensed. So spare me that arguement. We arent governed by mob rule.

I can spout the usual stats to counter anything the left wants to offer. As I said in my OP , it nevers changes anyones mind. Good day sir.

I'd love to make an actual point only to have you recycle the same, unoriginal name-calling about 50 more times, but I'm just going to put you on ignore instead. Picture me blowing you some kisses.
Name calling? Did you dream that one up? Keep up the cute insults. It really is all a basic boy that got programmed to believe stuff to keep him under thumb can apparently muster up in response. Now please, make some other absolutely terrible analogy to make yourself feel better.

Well if you boys ever wanted to discuss how dumb it is to be an anti-vaxxer or leave a baby unattended in the bath we certainly could, but this is the only cause of death for kids that seems to get any play around here.

You're the second to make the ignore list today. I'm sure I'll see you again when you get banned...again. And make a new account...again.
How tolerant and enlightened of you to run away. Who could have seen THAT Coming?

Maybe you all can piss on one another but don't forget to hug you're children and tell them I love you before they go to bed.

Mods lock the post.

Reactions: jmliehr
I'll leave it at this

In Australia from 1983 to 1996 there were 13 mass shootings where more than 5 people were killed by guns, since enacting their regulations there have been 0. Does that mean it's perfect? No, there have been other styles of attacks, but in general the country is safer.

Once America decided it was okay that Sandy Hook happened it was over, regulating guns would make the country as a whole safer, I don't think anyone would argue that. Does it remove some of your individual safety to protect yourself? Yep. American culture is me first, most don't give a damn about others outside of their family, that is their values. You can talk about the decline of the traditional family, but that's happening around the entire world and we see far less violence outside of America. It's not about some arcane view of what a family should be, it comes to people not being willing to put others ahead of themselves.

It's not one single thing, there isn't one simple solution. When people feel isolated or uncared for or alienated they are prone to lash out. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try. Lets start with voluntary gun buy backs, let's let the government say it's okay to let private companies buy guns and have a method of destruction that is approved and observed. All the cost goes on those companies and individuals who care, which will be the Dems obviously. Then lets start investing in our communities, lets be willing to give a little to make society better as a whole, and that means on both sides.
Nailed it.

Another red herring.
I do not understand how new laws are going to stop this sort of thing.

If this guy will shoot kids in school surely he will break the law to get high capacity magazines.

The simple fact is you cannot stop somebody bent on mayhem before the fact. If it was not a gun it would be a car or a pressure cooker with kitchen supplies and BB's.

I have read people already on this thread willing...no eager to strip honest law abiding citizens of this country of their rights. Sweeps? Seizing people's guns?

Good God listen to yourselves.

Go Blue!

Reactions: gw2kpro
I do not understand how new laws are going to stop this sort of thing.

If this guy will shoot kids in school surely he will break the law to get high capacity magazines.

The simple fact is you cannot stop somebody bent on mayhem before the fact. If it was not a gun it would be a car or a pressure cooker with kitchen supplies and BB's.

I have read people already on this thread willing...no eager to strip honest law abiding citizens of this country of their rights. Sweeps? Seizing people's guns?

Good God listen to yourselves.

Go Blue!
The best is when they whine and scream about the president being a fascist, when they have no idea they are the ones who are the very definition of the term.
It will continue as faith is mocked, the family unit is torn apart proudly, grown men spend more time in front of a damn tv and stupid violent video games with their kids, and expose them to music and movies that glorify violence and racial ignorance.
It's not a badge of honor to be a thug, and some of these people needed a good ass whipping growing up if they can't learn basic human respect and responsibility

Limit high capacity and rapid fire semi-auto weapons. The weapons industry would need to fundamentally change, their approach to marketing nearly every type of firearm imaginable to the general public would need to end. The marketing of firearms was very different when I was a kid. In general, socially alienated people didn’t have access to weapons of war.
Our founding fathers had no idea of what the advancements in technology would be and how they'd be used. Had they, i am confident they'd legislate the second amendment differently.

The counter argument, governments and criminals will have access to these technology advancements, therefore the need to arm yourself equally.

The issue, isn't however, weapons, it's the value of life ... this will only get worse

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I'll leave it at this

We’re the ONLY “advanced” country with this problem.

The solution is out there waiting to be found, but we don’t want to find it. That was made pretty clear by the complete inaction after 20 small children perished at Sandy Hook.

To find the answer, we’d need strong, mature people on both sides of the argument to brainstorm and act collaboratively on the solution. That respectful, healthy debate cannot even be achieved by people with a common bond as deep as Nebraska football is distressing.

It has come to the point in the USA that we love our isolated divisions more than we love our children...or at the very least, other people’s children. That’s a very sad day.

Reactions: HuskerJag
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT