ADVERTISEMENT

OT- A&E ..Macho Man Savage...

Funny story. 1996ish we were up in Sioux City Iowa to see WCW. Snow storm kept us at hotel. A bunch of the wrestlers were staying at our hotel. Drinking in the lobby with Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Ming, Fit Finley. Chris Benoit was there. He didn't party with us. Scott Hall, DDP and Curt Hening were in town but not at same hotel. . A fan got smart with Jericho and he put him in the Lion Tamer. The hotel staff was probably not amused with us. All cool guys. Good time.
He is very lucky he didn't get smart with Ming. He may have been crippled or at the least missing a nose.

He is very lucky he didn't get smart with Ming. He may have been crippled or at the least missing a nose.
Fast forward that night, stumbling back to our rooms one of the wrestlers knocks on Benoit's door and takes off leaving me and my buddy in the hall. Chris comes to door at 3 am in his underwear and he was pissed. We were like don't kill us dude. After what happened with him and his family it still is a bad memory.

Reactions: resdog851
Scott Steiner was as stiff as they came, but he dropped the funniest promo ever IMO. Who knew this guy possessed mic skills like Macho Man and Jake The Snake? His was better than any of theirs.
Ultimate warrior on the Mic was a legit psycho. Half the time mean gene would just stand there and be like Wtf did he just say?? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: resdog851
How many of you remember Baron Von Rashke. I didn’t realize he won a big 8 wrestling championship while wrestling for Nebraska
You have to remember when Baron Von Raschke started his thing in 1966 it was only 21 years after the end of WWII. Lots of 40-something guys in the audience who had fought the Nazis. When BVR goose stepped around the ring or did the Heil Hitler salute there was some genuine hatred for him.

This may be the greatest thread ever, but it's missing a heavy dose of Fabulous Moolah and Wendy Richter.

And since we are name dropping:

King Kong bundy, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkof, demolition (smash and crush), mr fuji, Bobby the brain Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Chris Caliendo, one man gang, tatanka, Mr perfect, Ken patera, and the honky tonk man.

Also, I hope I'm not the only one here that saved up enough s&h greenstamps to buy the "rock and wrestling" cassette tape.

For several months I didn't know if superstar Billy Graham was an evangelist or a wrestler.

And to this day if someone brings up the 4 horsemen I have to think about whether it was Tully Blanchard or Telly Savalas that was a member.

Reactions: HBK4life
How many of you remember Baron Von Rashke. I didn’t realize he won a big 8 wrestling championship while wrestling for Nebraska.
The days of the AWA, Nick Bockwinkle, Verne Gagne, Mad Dog Vachon, Adrian Adonis and his tag team partner Jesse "the body" Ventura. Those were some awesome times.

Ravishing Rick Rude was savage AF
ManKind
Razor Ramon WolfPack4Lif
Hitman Hart
Everyone that’s already been named. Wrestling is and will always be male soap opera with fighting to solve it (fake but the stunts and stunts are none the less dangerous and taxing on the body, definitely athletes)

Reactions: HBK4life
The Saturday morning stuff was great and doing all you could to stay up late enough to watch Saturday Night Main Event was a struggle that every 10-14 year old went through.

How many of you remember Baron Von Rashke. I didn’t realize he won a big 8 wrestling championship while wrestling for Nebraska
He graduated from Omaha North. My dad was in his graduating class and he would come back for all of their class reunions when I was growing up. I guess he loved to dance and as my dad was much more of a drinker than a dancer my mom danced quite a bit with him at those reunions in the 70s and 80s. I wish cel phones existed back then because there are no pictures of what would be viral content today.

My uncle claimed (back in the early 80s) that Ted DiBiase graduated with him at Omaha Central. Not sure of the truth of this one as my uncle was known to play a little free and loose with facts sometimes.

I always liked the High Flyers with Jim Brunzell & Greg Gagne
Superfly was also a favorite

He graduated from Omaha North. My dad was in his graduating class and he would come back for all of their class reunions when I was growing up. I guess he loved to dance and as my dad was much more of a drinker than a dancer my mom danced quite a bit with him at those reunions in the 70s and 80s. I wish cel phones existed back then because there are no pictures of what would be viral content today.

My uncle claimed (back in the early 80s) that Ted DiBiase graduated with him at Omaha Central. Not sure of the truth of this one as my uncle was known to play a little free and loose with facts sometimes.
I always heard Ted went to Prep.

On now. One of the greatest personalities in WWE history. Last week was Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper. One of the greatest villains of the 80s. Name your favorite wrestlers. WWE is garbage now.
Cowboy Bob Ellis, Reggie Parks, Vern Gagne, Mad Dog Vachon, Bobby The Brain Heenan, Baron Von Raschke and the biggest star back in the 70's was Joe Swieback selling his Geraspeed!

GET UP, YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE!!
On the Piper documentary Roddy was supposed to hit Snuka with one of the hollowed out coconuts. He hit him with a real full one and it did some damage. Hot Rod was the guy everybody loved to hate. Wrestlemania 3 I think when it was Mr T and Hogan vs Piper and Mr Wonderful. Capt Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper were involved.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT