ADVERTISEMENT

OT- A&E ..Macho Man Savage...

Some of the lesser knowns but still good. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Barry Windham, Tito Santana, Road Warriors Hawk and Animal. Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorf. Junkyard Dog, George the Animal Steele

Last edited:
Reactions: jlh19801
mqdefault.jpg

On now. One of the greatest personalities in WWE history. Last week was Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper. One of the greatest villains of the 80s. Name your favorite wrestlers. WWE is garbage now.
Brutus the Barber Beefcake. The Bushwhackers. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich was one of my favorites, as a youngster.

Reactions: HBK4life
Mr. Perfect. Ultimate Warrior. Andre.

That era was freaking awesome.
I have found myself watching a ton of Jim Cornette podcast videos on Youtube. Dude is an encyclopedia of wrestling history and has a steel trap for memory on everything. He is very entertaining to listen to. He did not have anything good to say about The Ultimate Warrior. I liked The Warrior, but much like a ton of other wrestlers he was all presentation and very little "wrestling". There are other guys on the other end of the spectrum that were really great wrestlers and workers, but didn't have much going for them. The best were the guys that could combine those two. I am a big Andre The Giant fan too. Mick Foley, Stone Cold, and Undertaker are my favorite modern wrestlers away from my childhood. I don't really pay much attention to the current stuff.

*edit...I loved watching Randy Macho Man Savage. Dude was so awesome. Hilarious promo's. He was head and shoulders above Hulk Hogan. He sucked in every way.

I have found myself watching a ton of Jim Cornette podcast videos on Youtube. Dude is an encyclopedia of wrestling history and has a steel trap for memory on everything. He is very entertaining to listen to. He did not have anything good to say about The Ultimate Warrior. I liked The Warrior, but much like a ton of other wrestlers he was all presentation and very little "wrestling". There are other guys on the other end of the spectrum that were really great wrestlers and workers, but didn't have much going for them. The best were the guys that could combine those two. I am a big Andre The Giant fan too. Mick Foley, Stone Cold, and Undertaker are my favorite modern wrestlers away from my childhood. I don't really pay much attention to the current stuff.

*edit...I loved watching Randy Macho Man Savage. Dude was so awesome. Hilarious promo's. He was head and shoulders above Hulk Hogan. He sucked in every way.
If you get the chance check out Warriors hour long interview on Hogan. He pulled no punches on him and his wife.

How many of you remember Baron Von Rashke. I didn’t realize he won a big 12 wrestling championship while wrestling for Nebraska
Way before my time, but my oldest brother is twelve years older than me. He remembers watching wrestling on Saturday (I think) morning featuring him and Verne Gagne and Mad Dog Vachon. Those guys were legit wrestlers that could stretch a guy for real if it ever became real.

Hell ya. Who didn't put brother or friends in the figure four as a kid?? 😆

I do all of the moves to my kids. Sharpshooter, Figure 4, Boston Crab, Razors Edge, F5, Flying Shoulder Blocks, Torture Rack, Jackhammer, Powerslam, Leg Drop, Rock Bottom, clotheslines. Great fun before bedtime.

Reactions: HBK4life
I do all of the moves to my kids. Sharpshooter, Figure 4, Boston Crab, Razors Edge, F5, Flying Shoulder Blocks, Torture Rack, Jackhammer, Powerslam, Leg Drop, Rock Bottom, clotheslines. Great fun before bedtime.
Funny story. 1996ish we were up in Sioux City Iowa to see WCW. Snow storm kept us at hotel. A bunch of the wrestlers were staying at our hotel. Drinking in the lobby with Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Ming, Fit Finley. Chris Benoit was there. He didn't party with us. Scott Hall, DDP and Curt Hening were in town but not at same hotel. . A fan got smart with Jericho and he put him in the Lion Tamer. The hotel staff was probably not amused with us. All cool guys. Good time.

Way before my time, but my oldest brother is twelve years older than me. He remembers watching wrestling on Saturday (I think) morning featuring him and Verne Gagne and Mad Dog Vachon. Those guys were legit wrestlers that could stretch a guy for real if it ever became real.
I was about eight or nine years old when watching wrestling Saturday mornings. The top guys were the iron sheik, mad dog Vachon, hulk Hogan, Jesse The body Ventura, Rick Martell, gorilla monsoon, Andre the Giant, Jimmy Superfly snuka, Billy Graham, and Baron von rashke. Good times. Mean Gene Okerlund was calling the action. This was up in the twin cities. Never saw Ric flair or the von erichs until the 1980s because Back then it was regional and they were wrestling in the southern circuits of Texas and Georgia before cable TV became a thing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT