ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon after Coach T

A shitty recruiter leaving. I'll never shed a tear over that alone no matter how good they are as a coach. You can't out coach recruiting, period. Name me one big recruiting win he had his entire time here. There isn't one. The linebacker he got from hawaii wasn't even recruited that hard by other schools.

Now is the time to get better on the defensive side for recruiting ability and let's start to land some above average DL recruits.

I wonder if this was the delay in announcing coaches? I could see things shuffle a bit if this happens. Dawson back to DL, Chins coaches OLB and then we get a ST coach and a RB coach.
Very well could be. If that is how this turns out, then he was pushed out due to his bad recruiting record while here.

Not a chance he was pushed out. Might be the best coach on the d staff
He was a decent DL coach, by nowhere near the best coach on the D. That is Coach Fisher.

He couldn't recruit. When you look at every DL offer that went out during his time, he didn't win a single recruiting battle for a good DL prospect. The kid out of South Dakota he wasn't even the lead recruiter for.

We need to improve our DL recruiting and that was never going to happen with Tony on staff.

A shitty recruiter leaving. I'll never shed a tear over that alone no matter how good they are as a coach. You can't out coach recruiting, period. Name me one big recruiting win he had his entire time here. There isn't one. The linebacker he got from hawaii wasn't even recruited that hard by other schools.

Now is the time to get better on the defensive side for recruiting ability and let's start to land some above average DL recruits.
This is nutty on so many levels. Back up your claim he was a shitty recruiter. And don't ask me to prove he was a great recruiter. You made the claim, you back it up.

"Decent coach"? Are you crazy? Dline saved this team's bacon so many times in the last two years it's beyond debate. Why are you saying this nonsense?

This is nutty on so many levels. Back up your claim he was a shitty recruiter. And don't ask me to prove he was a great recruiter. You made the claim, you back it up.

"Decent coach"? Are you crazy? Dline saved this team's bacon so many times in the last two years it's beyond debate. Why are you saying this nonsense?
I love your response since it is full of stupidity. Tony didn't win a single recruiting battle for a primary DL target his entire time at Nebraska. Nash wasn't even his guy for crying out loud.

He improved the DL during his time here, but he didn't shutdown Iowa's, Wisconsin's or Minnesota's rushing attack in any of the games we played against them.

Reactions: F--IT
I love your response since it is full of stupidity. Tony didn't win a single recruiting battle for a primary DL target his entire time at Nebraska. Nash wasn't even his guy for crying out loud.

He improved the DL during his time here, but he didn't shutdown Iowa's, Wisconsin's or Minnesota's rushing attack in any of the games we played against them.
I may have to take your word for the bolded since you are the SME for stupidity. Now Linda, prove your point.

You called him a decent DL coach. I call bullshit on you. Your turn.

Very well could be. If that is how this turns out, then he was pushed out due to his bad recruiting record while here.
Explain to me how Scott Frost pushed him out all the way to Oregon. Usually if you are pushed out from a 3-9 team, you don’t fall up to a team that was nearly a playoff team. Please help me understand.

I may have to take your word for the bolded since you are the SME for stupidity. Now Linda, prove your point.

You called him a decent DL coach. I call bullshit on you. Your turn.
A great DL coach will shut down a team at least once when it is Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. He never shut down any of those teams. Hell, you can throw in IL in that group too.

Decent can meant different things to different people, but he wasn't one of the better DL coaches in the Big Ten.

You want better recruiting and better coaching as a team? This is what you do:

Bush to special teams/OLB
Faulk for RB
Dawson to DL.

A great DL coach will shut down a team at least once when it is Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. He never shut down any of those teams. Hell, you can throw in IL in that group too.

Decent can meant different things to different people, but he wasn't one of the better DL coaches in the Big Ten.

Faulk for RB
Dawson to DL.

Pissing match aside. If we hired Kevin Faulk and Bill Busch, I would be so hard I would have to call a doctor after 4 hours.

Reactions: Laner2 and Anegada1

Faulk for RB
Dawson to DL.
You have to be nuts not to realize the offense shit their pants in those games. The Dline played lights out.

Not at all sure why you are choosing this hill to die on. Coach T was an absolute bright spot on the staff.

Last edited:
You have to be nuts not to realize the offense shit their pants in those games. The Dline played lights out.

Not at all sure why you are choosing this hill to die one. Coach T was an absolute bright spot on the staff.
What does the Nebraska O have anything to do with this discussion? Tony was here for 3 seasons. He didn't shutdown the rushing attack of Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota once and you can throw IL in there too.

This season, with a bunch of old guys that he didn't recruit, they were still 7th in the Big Ten against the run. Near the bottom in sacks. Near the bottom in total defense.

People want to overract and act like Tony was this world beater of a DL coach that could take average DL talent to the level of Ohio State. Not the case at all.

His recruiting was so bad he didn't win a single recruiting battle for a single primary DL target the entire time he was at Nebraska.

Nash = not Tony's guy.

Dawson is the reason why Robinson is at Nebraska, not Tony.

Faulk for RB
Dawson to DL.
So he was a crappy recruiter and one of the worse Dline coaches in the B1G. And somehow Frost convinced Lanning to hire him.

Again, can you help me understand?

So he was a crappy recruiter and one of the worse Dline coaches in the B1G. And somehow Frost convinced Lanning to hire him.

Again, can you help me understand?
What does Lanning offering a job to Tony have anything to do with countering the reality of Tony's failed recruiting efforts and being a decent DL coach? He isn't someone that you say "hold the **** on, here is $1M for you to stay."

You massively improve the entire coaching and recruiting ability of the staff by moving Dawson to DL, Busch to Special teams and OLB, and go and open up the bank vault for Faulk to be the RB coach. Hell, getting Faulk might give nebraska a chance for a 5-star RB.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What does Lanning offering a job to Tony have anything to do with countering the reality of Tony's failed recruiting efforts and being a decent DL coach? He isn't someone that you say "hold the **** on, here is $1M for you to stay."

You massively improve the entire coaching and recruiting ability of the staff by moving Dawson to DL, Busch to Special teams and OLB, and go and open up the bank vault for Faulk to be the RB coach. Hell, getting Faulk might give nebraska a chance for a 5-star RB.
You are completely missing my point. I don’t care whether he stays or goes. You are saying he is a shitty recruiter and one of the worse coaches in the B1G. So why would Oregon want him?

Get it? If he is as bad as you claim, he should be headed to a lower level, considering he was a coach on a 3-9 team. What you are claiming doesn’t logically lead to a job at 10-2 Oregon…

I haven’t seen Dawson do much recruiting outside of a handful of prospects in the northeast
Jury is still out on how Coach T’s recruits will pan out but I’ve been impressed with the line since he’s coached it
If this is a net gain in special teams I’m pleased but I don’t expect Dawson to suddenly start filling a d line class for ‘23

I really don’t see the point of posts like this. It’s like we have a shitty fan contest going on within every thread.
Tell me again why I want this shit staff to stay long term?

I know T hasn’t been here the whole time but is it the 4-8, 5-7, 3-5, or 3-9 that I should jerk off to?

I understand that Frost somehow got another year and we can’t change that but I don’t have to be all rah rah about it. And, I don’t believe they’ll win more than 5-6 next year, with my early prediction being 4-5 wins because NW is unusually shitty.

This is a message board, don’t get your panties in a wad when someone points out we suck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT