ADVERTISEMENT

One time appeal.

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
Mods, if this needs to be deleted please do so, I'll understand.

The Corono virus is coming to Dominican Republic where I operate the mission Feed My Sheep DR. We are located on the northern part of the island in the Puerto Plata Province and outside of Luperon. It is a very poor part of the country, primarily agricultural and very little employment and most people survive day to day. Most people earn on average $12.00 per day and live day to day.

The government is going to announce today that they are going to finish shutting down country and not allow any commerce for 4 weeks. They closed the borders 1 week ago and shut down all entertainment and mass gatherings. Most Dominicans do not the capability to buy enough food for 4 weeks or the ability to store it. This is going to cause major problems here.

What I want the mission to do is to provide 2-3 meals per week for families and people who do not have the resources to outlast the 4 weeks of the shut down. The meal will consist of beans and rice, a mainstay of their diets here. 20 lbs of rice and 2 lbs of beans will feed approximately 150 people and costs about $15.00. Every week I can see 1-2000 people needing help in the community of El Ranchito de Los Vargas where the mission is located. The cost is not insurmountable but more than we have for this endeavor. If you want to help these people, visit our website fmsdr.org and you can donate through PayPal or credit card through the Donate Button. No amount is too small; $5.00 buys 20 lbs of rice and $3.00 buys 2 lbs of beans.

If you are unable to assist monetarily, please pray for the conditions down here and those who go without meals on a regular basis and also pass along the website to your friends and family so they have the opportunity to help.

Thanks and God Bless!

We live here full time and are not leaving during this. This is when they need us most!!
Couple of questions I don't see answers to on the website. Are you affiliated with a denomination or sponsoring organization and what is an address I can send a check to. I don't do credit card donations to organizations I'm not intimately familiar with.

Couple of questions I don't see answers to on the website. Are you affiliated with a denomination or sponsoring organization and what is an address I can send a check to. I don't do credit card donations to organizations I'm not intimately familiar with.

We are non denomination but the church that sponsors us is Free Lutheran that we attended for 15 years before moving here. Our Board members are from 3 different churches and denominations. I graduated from the Wilmington School of the Bible at Liberty University in 2017. We are a 501c3 organization as well. Address to mail to is : Feed My Sheep DR. 6665 Winchester Rd, Carroll Ohio 43112. We will send receipt at years end for tax purposes.

Thanks for your help. If you have any other questions please ask!

We are non denomination but the church that sponsors us is Free Lutheran that we attended for 15 years before moving here. Our Board members are from 3 different churches and denominations. I graduated from the Wilmington School of the Bible at Liberty University in 2017. We are a 501c3 organization as well. Address to mail to is : Feed My Sheep DR. 6665 Winchester Rd, Carroll Ohio 43112. We will send receipt at years end for tax purposes.

Thanks for your help. If you have any other questions please ask!
will get a check in the mail. We give to a group called For God's Children based in Council Bluffs that does great work as well. Happy to help put some rice and beans on the table.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Bless you for the work you are doing for the Kingdom. Hope this helps and keep us informed on how things are going.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Thanks to all who donated. This afternoon we purchased 10- 125 lb bags of rice, 80 1 lb packages of pasta ( the Pastor felt pasta would be better than beans, less cooking time for fuel consumption, 1/3 cost of beans and more filling), oil, sugar and salt. This morning we will bag meals up and start giving them out. We have a Pastor and her family that knows the families in need in about 3 different villages. ( In the DR. locals do not pronounce S's at the end of their words.They also usually chop off the last syllable of words. Makes it very difficult to learn Spanish on Duo Lingo. Buen dia to all)

On Facebook you can see the food we bought. The Facebook page is Feed My Sheep DR.

Every bag will contain a piece of paper with a Bible verse on worry or fear and I will write a devotional for the family to follow, ( The Pastors son will proofread for many written errors)

Last edited:
Thanks to all who donated. This afternoon we purchased 10- 125 lb bags of rice, 80 1 lb packages of pasta ( the Pastor felt pasta would be better than beans, less cooking time for fuel consumption, 1/3 cost of beans and more filling), oil, sugar and salt. This morning we will bag meals up and start giving them out. We have a Pastor and her family that knows the families in need in about 3 different villages. ( In the DR. locals do not pronounce S's at the end of their words.They also usually chop off the last syllable of words. Makes it very difficult to learn Spanish on Duo Lingo. Buen dia to all)

On Facebook you can see the food we bought. The Facebook page is Feed My Sheep DR.

Every bag will contain a piece of paper with a Bible verse on worry or fear and I will write a devotional for the family to follow, ( The Pastors son will proofread for many written errors)
I don't think many people understand the need in many many countries outside the U.S. For God's Children does missionary work in Romania for instance where they still house orphans and people with disabilities in facilities designed under communist rule that can only be described as confinement facilities. They work with staff teaching them rudimentary PT techniques to try to help get people out of wheelchairs. They've also helped get hot water heaters installed and private showers instead of the cold water mass spray downs. They do work on the Indian reservations in this country as well as in Africa I believe. People really don't appreciate how very very lucky we are to live where we do.

The only thing that upsets me is when I give money to a charity and then every few weeks I get a glossy ad flyer in the mail asking for money. Those things are expensive. I realize they return a net gain for the charity or they wouldn't do it but for heaven's sake tone it down. Feed The Poor I believe is a very good charity doing very similar work to yours in Central and South America but man they're mail campaign can be over the top.

Reactions: ssmill777
I don't think many people understand the need in many many countries outside the U.S. For God's Children does missionary work in Romania for instance where they still house orphans and people with disabilities in facilities designed under communist rule that can only be described as confinement facilities. They work with staff teaching them rudimentary PT techniques to try to help get people out of wheelchairs. They've also helped get hot water heaters installed and private showers instead of the cold water mass spray downs. They do work on the Indian reservations in this country as well as in Africa I believe. People really don't appreciate how very very lucky we are to live where we do.

The only thing that upsets me is when I give money to a charity and then every few weeks I get a glossy ad flyer in the mail asking for money. Those things are expensive. I realize they return a net gain for the charity or they wouldn't do it but for heaven's sake tone it down. Feed The Poor I believe is a very good charity doing very similar work to yours in Central and South America but man they're mail campaign can be over the top.

I doubt I will ever do a mass email campaign. I want to do fund raising dinners where I meet and greet the attendees and show them the work we do. I want personal relationships with many people to share the burden. If we can get 10-20 dinners a year with each dinner having about 20 attendees that would be perfect. If each person donates once per year of around $200 or on monthly basis of $20 that will cover all our costs and allow us to do a lot in the D.R.

Reactions: ssmill777
Thanks again for your support on this. We have raised enough money to do a minimum of 3 more weeks. Last week we passed out 64 meal bags and have enough supplies for another 200+ meal bags. Words will never be to express how God can take a little and multiply it into multitudes.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT