ADVERTISEMENT

One Scenario Not Discussed - Riley Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll see Smilin' Mike punch out. He didn't uprtoot all those coaches families, to just call it quits 6 games in. He's not continuing to recruit young men, because he can't take the heat and plans plans to be out of the kitchen by Xmas.

Smilin' Mike is so nice it hurts. If he plans on stepping aside, he's going to go out of his way to make sure his coaches and players have landing spots, or that he doesn't lead any recruits down a path that will not be viable to them come signing day.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I never thought about that, another job offer. That would be interesting. Lord knows there will be lots of open gigs next year.

I don't think he would leave but it is interesting.
Obviously this year is not going down great, so I doubt he will be getting any job offers. Also he is 62, I doubt he wants to be moving twice in a year then when he retires in probably 5 years, he will have to move back to Oregon. I just don't see him leaving

Poor guy, can't handle the truth.
I don't think the OP was insisting MR should leave and uproot everyone's lives. Looks like he basically just put out the what if option. This is a discussion board after all. Not sure why you take this board so seriously and feel the need to constantly call out everyone that makes a statement you don't 100% agree with.

Reactions: St. Anger
You'll call me a Pelini lover because I think Riley sucks, but this team would very likely be 6-0 under Pelini.

All of our losses are against garbage teams. With very few skill players. Our losses are against bad teams with no skill players, riddled with injuries.

The excuses are endless.

No, you are a Pelini lover because you think this team would be 6-0 under Pelini. Your little group needs counseling. Gordon just scored again.

Last edited:
Unreal this thread has gone for 2, soon to be 3, pages. This proves we are capable of arguing about anything.

I don't think the OP was insisting MR should leave and uproot everyone's lives. Looks like he basically just put out the what if option. This is a discussion board after all. Not sure why you take this board so seriously and feel the need to constantly call out everyone that makes a statement you don't 100% agree with.

I'm not the only one that has done it, interesting you decide to quote my post. And another one goes to the iggy bin, adios.

Awesome post. +1

I'm not the only one that has done it, interesting you decide to quote my post. And another one goes to the iggy bin, adios.
Again thank you for proving my point. I never said you were the only 1, you are just the one I notice consistently doing over and over and over. Just because you "aren't the only one" does that still make it right? Its called being a grown up, which I guess I assumed we all are.

Reactions: St. Anger
Again thank you for proving my point. I never said you were the only 1, you are just the one I notice consistently doing over and over and over. Just because you "aren't the only one" does that still make it right? Its called being a grown up, which I guess I assumed we all are.

mb6dvq.jpg

Reactions: SDhusker12
He's been playing well. I think Riley has done a good job of taking the high road in regards to the former coaching staff. IMO, psychologically our team is not in a good spot and part of that is the way Bo and his staff left town. At least when Callahan left town he had the decency to do so without taking shots at the fans and administration.

If that's the case, It'll go 9 pages, possibly 10 but definitely not any more.

Of which 4 pages for sure will be complete garbage, with someone inevitably throwing in a 408 word run on sentence which could have gone for more, but he became disinterested after the 3rd paragraph.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
No, you are a Pelini lover because you think this team would be 6-0 under Pelini. Your little group needs counseling. Gordon just scored again.
Gordon is in the nfl now, and the 2015 wisconsin team is nowhere near the wisky teams of late.

Not one of our losses this season was to a team that was superior in any way. And at least three of the losses were to teams of lesser talent than Nebraska. I suppose it's conjecture that I think Pelini would have Nebraska undefeated at this point. But one thing I do know: Riley has Nebraska at 2-4. 2-4!

Unless 8 was the magic number for the Pelini wagon's wheels to fall off, which is decidedly convenient for all the Riley supporters.

Gordon is in the nfl now, and the 2015 wisconsin team is nowhere near the wisky teams of late.

Not one of our losses this season was to a team that was superior in any way. And at least three of the losses were to teams of lesser talent than Nebraska. I suppose it's conjecture that I think Pelini would have Nebraska undefeated at this point. But one thing I do know: Riley has Nebraska at 2-4. 2-4!

Unless 8 was the magic number for the Pelini wagon's wheels to fall off, which is decidedly convenient for all the Riley supporters.
Bo constantly got outcoached. Bo lost plenty of games to teams with lesser talent (and limped by many others), and got his ass kicked by teams with roughly equal talent. Get your weak-a$$ $h!t out of here. You have made it clear your agenda, and are not willing to support the head coach of Nebraska. Your boy is gone, thank gawd; now you go with him. You can go to Penguin land and kiss his a$$ there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT