ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha to KC

ibarrriba

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2006
Have to go to KC tomorrow anyone know of an alternate route. Thanks

As of last night, Hwy 75 is closed at the Platte River as is most of I-29 across the river. You could take Hwy 50 south and head back east at any number of highways like 1 or 2 to get back over to Hwy 75. Then again, I read Louisville water level is gonna be up nearly another foot before tomorrow so Hwy 50 may be closed by then. Check Nebraska 511 for highway closings.

if 50 is closed (currently still shows as normal), take I-80 to exit 426 and 66 east, past Round the Bend & QOGC and town of South Bend, to Hwy 50. Right onto 50 south to Hwy 2, and 2 east to 75 south to US 24 or I-70 in Topeka area, east to KC.

Consider Omaha to Treynor, to Craig Missouri, to KC. If leaving from Omaha area.
This is probably the fastest and most direct route. Go through Treynor to highway 59 and then south to Craig, MO and then get on I29 there. The only issue is that 59 is a 2 lane highway with little to no shoulder and 55 MPH.

Reactions: Brad Tucker
This is probably the fastest and most direct route. Go through Treynor to highway 59 and then south to Craig, MO and then get on I29 there. The only issue is that 59 is a 2 lane highway with little to no shoulder and 55 MPH.
Tried this worked out great
Thank You and prayers for all those affected

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT