ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha restaurant suggestions....

Gemini6

All-American
Sep 19, 2009
Going to be taking my husband out of his birthday on Wed evening. Would like to find a new restaurant as we have this habit of always going back to our favorite, Bone fish Grill.

We both like fish, seafood, chicken, and beef, with beef being last on the list. Also would like a place that isn't formal. We'll be going right after work so prefer casual or business casual.

I know there are some new restaurants in the Old Market and probably some others in Omaha I'm not familiar with.

I'd appreciate some legit recommendations so I can make reservations asap.

Thanks!

Reactions: Husker69
The Boiler Room in the Old Market is pretty good. Fun drinks too.

Brother Sebastions if you have never been there. It can carry any occasion; great for a birthday I am sure. Diverse crowd, but you could take someone there on a corporate visit. Cozy areas, like eating at a rich British relatives place in another way. Can't believe I don't go there more often.

Going to be taking my husband out of his birthday on Wed evening. Would like to find a new restaurant as we have this habit of always going back to our favorite, Bone fish Grill.

We both like fish, seafood, chicken, and beef, with beef being last on the list. Also would like a place that isn't formal. We'll be going right after work so prefer casual or business casual.

I know there are some new restaurants in the Old Market and probably some others in Omaha I'm not familiar with.

Thanks!

Lot of foodie folks from the base love going to Jackson Street Tavern. People rave about it when they visit from out of town.

Reactions: BC Hawk
Brother Sebastions if you have never been there. It can carry any occasion; great for a birthday I am sure. Diverse crowd, but you could take someone there on a corporate visit. Cozy areas, like eating at a rich British relatives place in another way. Can't believe I don't go there more often.

I like The Drover better than Brother Sebastians. Just a more seasoned steak overall, which I like.

I went to m's pub for lunch the other day, had the pork chop special

Unfortunately most of those places participate in the super-secret government program that identifies and slowly poisons patrons that are known to know the truth about the governments plan to kill them. Be very careful.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Shucks has a $12/lb crab leg special on Mondays. Good food. Good specials. Beach like atmosphere. Reminds me of the places I used to go to when I lived in Va Beach.

Reactions: tstaup

Thanks!
The Drover

801 Chop House is my favorite Omaha restaurant. You will find a good dish there and sides are good.

Unfortunately most of those places participate in the super-secret government program that identifies and slowly poisons patrons that are known to know the truth about the governments plan to kill them. Be very careful.
Really? All this time I thought that was only at McDonalds. Thanks for the head's up!

Thank you all for you recommendations, except for 4.6.3.'s contribution of recommending Arby's. Think we'll pass on that one. But then again, some people think Arby's is the best it gets.

4.6.3., you really should get out more and discover some finer cuisine some time. That is when you Arby's coupons finally run out, of course.Winking

The Grey Plume in Midtown Crossing. Seasonal menu with local produce and livestock. Have never had a bad meal there.

Rivera's: Best, most authentic mexican food in town.
Frank's: Best NY pizza in town.
Shucks: Legit po boys and cajun, creole cooking.
Oscar's: Best wings in town (get them char-buffed).
M's Pub: Upper-scale take on pub food.

thanks

have had Oscars char buffed wings MANY times...
Shucks, is ok
Franks, wanted to like it but too greasy
M Pubs, haven't been there in a years...a possibility

honestly want something a little more upscale. we've hit those places often as we have kids. don't want to take the kids this time.

thanks

have had Oscars char buffed wings MANY times...
Shucks, is ok
Franks, wanted to like it but too greasy
M Pubs, haven't been there in a years...a possibility

honestly want something a little more upscale. we've hit those places often as we have kids. don't want to take the kids this time.
Lots of people take out of town guests to the Drover; they seem very happy, I have enjoyed it. Brother Sebastions is just a little different for me; and I enjoy that atmosphere on occasion.

I agree on all, accept Frank's. I was not impressed at all. I would go to at least a dozen other pizza places in Omaha first. Luckily, I am headed to Chicago this weekend to get some superior pizza. Pizza King in Council Bluffs is my favorite local place.

I agree on all, accept Frank's. I was not impressed at all. I would go to at least a dozen other pizza places in Omaha first. Luckily, I am headed to Chicago this weekend to get some superior pizza. Pizza King in Council Bluffs is my favorite local place.
Frank's is about as authentic NY style as I've ever had, including in NY. But that may be your problem - you think Chicago style is pizza. Cool

But I agree with you, Omaha has some fantastic pizza joints. Lincoln too.

Frank's is about as authentic NY style as I've ever had, including in NY. But that may be your problem - you think Chicago style is pizza. Cool

I like all the varying types of pizza's. I think Frank's is expensive for what it is, but it is good.

Pudgies is also pretty good but been awhile since I've been out there.

Thanks!
Malaras

Thanks!
Stokes. Southwestern takes on all of your listed favs. Fits the bill perfectly.

I have had Grimaldi's, John's on Bleecker St and Lombardi's in New York City. They were all really good, especially John's. I get Grimaldi's in Phoenix and Dallas often. Sometimes you just get a bad pizza, maybe I will give Frank's one more shot. I like NY style alot, but Gino's East in Chicago is still the best overall.

I like all the varying types of pizza's. I think Frank's is expensive for what it is, but it is good.

Pudgies is also pretty good but been awhile since I've been out there.

I agree on Pudgies. Pizzeria Davlo is really good Chicago pizza too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT