ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha Biliew in the portal.

discrimination doesn't matter, pull yourself up by your boot straps and fight through it
I'm pretty certain this wasn't a line of thinking shared by many at all.

People agree that discrimination, if happening, is bad.

The line of thinking you're trying to say is more along the lines of, "Your race, color, creed, etc doesn't matter when it comes to your success. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and fight through any adversity." Not, "discrimination doesn't matter".

Working in schools, you and I have seen things...

We are finding out more and more about some of these discriminatory practices. They are not fair and have disastrous consequences.

However, just to provide some perspective, some of the people today who complain about modern discrimination absolutely would have (and in some cases, still do) denied that racial or gender discrimination was rampant for much of our history, much to the detriment of today's "preferred" groups. I'm not in any way justifying it; in all cases, it is wrong AND does not serve society well. But there is a lot if hypocrisy on the subject.
Much of our history? No, very very few would believe that.

In recent history (30-40 years), yes, you'll have many disagree with you that discrimination was rampant in recent history.

I don't see the hypocrisy if you're using more recent history. Who gives a crap what happened 150+ years ago if bad practices have been (by far) mostly fixed.

Yep. Is all I'm saying is that white guys complaining about their sons not getting a fair shake is funny.
I guess I don't get the joke.

If my family had nothing to do with others being discriminated against, then how's it funny if my son's get discriminated against?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT