ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha Biliew in the portal.

My daughter went to high school with him. He is a good kid. I don’t think he got much of a opportunity at ISU with all the transfers they brought in. Nebraska was on his list in HS

Reactions: SomedayHusker

If the name fits……..
I think that Fred has found his niche in the portal by recruiting accomplished players-- Gary, Mast, Brice Williams, Bandoumel, Griesel rather than highly touted recruits who haven't made it yet. This kid was a five star so I'm sure he'll have a lot of opportunities. And maybe NU will be one of them. But I'd rather "stay the course" and prioritize getting kids like William Kyle and Freddie Fiddler.

I think that Fred has found his niche in the portal by recruiting accomplished players-- Gary, Mast, Brice Williams, Bandoumel, Griesel rather than highly touted recruits who haven't made it yet. This kid was a five star so I'm sure he'll have a lot of opportunities. And maybe NU will be one of them. But I'd rather "stay the course" and prioritize getting kids like William Kyle and Freddie Fiddler.

Yep, NC State, Alabama, Tennessee, all basically built their teams this year with experienced transfers who dominated at lower-level programs. That is the way to go now in college basketball.

Dain Dainja from Illinois in the portal

And Boswell from Zona should be entering really soon.

k-state has three in the portal now - two former 4* starters. i'm really starting to lose interest in mbb. thankfully, we're a football school nowadays.

Love the veteran mid-major transfers that did well at smaller schools. It doesn't feel like inexperienced P5 guys are the way to go for us.

Yep, NC State, Alabama, Tennessee, all basically built their teams this year with experienced transfers who dominated at lower-level programs. That is the way to go now in college basketball.
Unfortunately, given the success of these programs everybody and their dog is going to be going after those kids. So it's going to get much tougher to bring in that star from the Summit League or Missouri Valley. And it makes sense. Let these kids develop somewhere else and bring in the finished product to play a couple years.

The next step will be for programs to open their eyes and start recruiting these kids to begin with out of HS. Stop going after H.S. kids like the 6' 8" pogo stick who can barely catch the ball but has great "upside" or the AAU ball hog who has no idea how to play actual basketball.

It would seem like Creighton or Nebraska would open up a ton of NIL possibilities for a kid named Omaha.

have not seen anything about omaha having a k-state connection other than he did play for a k-state assistant during high school. cats certainly do have a need there.

Last edited:
You sure about that?

Kstate all time football record : 570–671–41

I think you wanna stay a basketball school
Bro
leather helmet days aside ...

1894_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_team.jpg

Another zero for the Kitties....the Mildcats are one of three Power 5 (for now) conference universities to have never won a national championship in any team NCAA sanctioned sport. Congrats! And get the f out of here.
Played hoops for 100 plus years and not one NCAA Tourn. win??? I tried to submit that to Ripleys Believe Or Not but they told me they couldn't use it. They said it was too totally rediculous for even their standards.

Played hoops for 100 plus years and not one NCAA Tourn. win??? I tried to submit that to Ripleys Believe Or Not but they told me they couldn't use it. They said it was too totally rediculous for even their standards.
Played multiple sports for 100 plus years and not one team sport was good enough to be called a national champion? Congratulations on beating the odds there, you'd think one team would be worth a crap in a century, guess not. Well at least when the Kittys are a G5 school soon, they won't have that inglorious record to wave their power towels to.

Played multiple sports for 100 plus years and not one team sport was good enough to be called a national champion? Congratulations on beating the odds there, you'd think one team would be worth a crap in a century, guess not. Well at least when the Kittys are a G5 school soon, they won't have that inglorious record to wave their power towels to.
I learned in the third grade you don't end a sentence with a preposition.

• Wow
Reactions: Spectrumalaska

How unfortunate for you that they weren’t interested. They were quite interested when I told them of your story, the product of a farmer and the ewe he repeatedly raped. They asked me for all the information I could provide them.

P.S. It’s ridiculous with an ‘i’ not an ‘e’, but we shouldn’t be surprised, you are the offspring of a redneck farmer and a sheep.

Waiting for averitas to tell him to knock it off. They come in peace and friendship. Not sure about this clown but averitas is old school. Loves his school but realizes history as well

I learned in the third grade you don't end a sentence with a preposition.
Totally hijacking this thread, but sports aside, it is neat to see someone else that knows this. I go crazy sometimes trying to avoid using a preposition at the end of a sentence, and sometimes I do anyway because it just sounds more natural. 3rd grade though? That seems early. It was 8th grade for me. Mrs. Hansen was old AF and had a better mustache than any other teacher in the school, but she sure could teach grammar.

Reactions: timnsun
Totally hijacking this thread, but sports aside, it is neat to see someone else that knows this. I go crazy sometimes trying to avoid using a preposition at the end of a sentence, and sometimes I do anyway because it just sounds more natural. 3rd grade though? That seems early. It was 8th grade for me. Mrs. Hansen was old AF and had a better mustache than any other teacher in the school, but she sure could teach grammar.
better grammar is always a good idea too often lost.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Merriam-Webster says you can end a sentence with a preposition. The internet goes off

An authority on the English language has set us free from the tethers of what many have long regarded as a grammatical no-no. Or has it?

The answer depends on how you side with a declaration from Merriam-Webster:

"It is permissible in English for a preposition to be what you end a sentence with," the dictionary publisher said in a post shared on Instagram last week. "The idea that it should be avoided came from writers who were trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong."

I was a newspaper editor for 40-plus years. One of the best things about being retired is communicating without worrying about someone else’s picayune peccadilloes, pet peeves and picky little language points. Does canceled have one l or two? Is awhile one word or two? How about healthcare? Underway? There is a whole cottage industry of bow-tie-wearing tut-tutters who hand down these edicts and rulings, only some of which have anything to do with making stuff more clear. /rant

I was a newspaper editor for 40-plus years. One of the best things about being retired is communicating without worrying about someone else’s picayune peccadilloes, pet peeves and picky little language points. Does canceled have one l or two? Is awhile one word or two? How about healthcare? Underway? There is a whole cottage industry of bow-tie-wearing tut-tutters who hand down these edicts and rulings, only some of which have anything to do with making stuff more clear. /rant
Just don't mess up "amount" with "number," or confuse the purpose of hyphens and dashes, and I'm good.

The AP Stylebook got rid of the distinction between "more than" and "over" a few years ago, so the bow-tie tut-tutters (I don't own one, but I tut-tut often) are losing.

Reactions: gomerxx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT