ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

Just so Iā€™m clear - you donā€™t think there is anything wrong with puberty blockers or that they can have lasting negative effects on a kid?
I donā€™t feel qualified to answer that. I wouldnā€™t hand them out like candy, but if a professional thinks they make sense in a certain case who am I to tell them differently? All drugs have potential drawbacks.

Personally I avoid medicating for anything unless absolutely necessary, and indulging in substances of any kind, but thatā€™s my preference for myself and I donā€™t put it on others.

Watched USA WVolleyball from the eye doctors office. For the defending Gold medalists they are barely hanging in in this years Games

The help they needā€¦ to keep conforming to the parentā€™s ideal of who theyā€™ll grow up to be. I want my kid to grow up and quarterback the Huskers to 4 straight nattys. But more than that I want them to grow up into a kind, successful person who treats the people around them well. I donā€™t spend any more time obsessing over their gender identity than I do their favorite sport.
Hey, mental health is a big problem thatā€™s been swept under the rug for years. Iā€™m glad there are more resources and opportunities for you to get the help that you need.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I missed so much today. Finally getting caught up. USA 3x3 right now... How many Barry boys are there ?!?
The US 3x3 team seems... not great.

How long you think that dude lasted before he joined my elite group in my Ignore Hopper?
Hey, mental health is a big problem thatā€™s been swept under the rug for years. Iā€™m glad there are more resources and opportunities for you to get the help that you need.
You guys are weird.

but not cut off our dicks weird. That's all you
Nah. For some reason I decided to engage with you guys and ended up talking about (edit: cutting) off dicks more than I have since telling juvenile jokes as a child. We should all learn some sort of lesson from that, I suppose.

Nah. For some reason I decided to engage with you guys and ended up talking about (edit: cutting) off dicks more than I have since telling juvenile jokes as a child. We should all learn some sort of lesson from that, I suppose.
that a lot of people support genital mutilation

I agree. Free country, though, and they don't hurt anything besides a minor blow to my enjoyment of events. And I don't know why somone would turn on the olympics opening ceremony and expect everything included to align with their tastes.
They'd probably expect it to artfully represent the Olympics. Or the sexual fetishes of the 1% totally the same thing.

Those are all examples of parents who want to dictate their child's identity, not those who want to protect their kids from others dictating. No one has a right to do so, not even parents.
Found the masker.

That is literally the right and job of the parent. Until the child isnt a child.

FWI, the DSM and mental health professionals once diagnosed homosexuality as a mental illness. When it comes to the soft sciences I challenge all opinions.
Trannies are still called mentally ill by many. The queer theorists just didn't have enough people on their side so they opened it up to the entire alphabet.

Reactions: Laner2
And said identities are wrong and not based in reality or basic biology. So if someone with Anorexia indentifies as fat.. no one has the right to correct them. They must agree to their identity and tell them to continue to starve themselves? Yep.. youā€™re definitely in a cult bro
They get mad when everyone else doesn't participate in their fantasy and it's exhausting and moronic.

Iā€™m against such operations regardless of parental consent.

Referring to puberty blockers as chemical castration is pretty disingenuous. The whole point is to push the decision down the road until the kid is older and can make a more informed decision for themselves, in collaboration with their doctors/therapists/etc. Again, the parentsā€™ preference means little to me. Iā€™m just as against parents pushing their kids into blockers or operations as I am against them standing in the way of it or sending them to ā€œconversion therapy.ā€
Referring to puberty blockers as anything healthy or positive is fraudulent and a lie.

Those are all examples of parents who want to dictate their child's identity, not those who want to protect their kids from others dictating. No one has a right to do so, not even parents.
Huh? I think it's pretty well established that kids aren't mature enough to make permanent, life altering decisions. Why even have parents if they don't have control over an 11 year?

Okay, watching "handball" now and not sure what the heck it is. The handball I remember was played in an indoor court and you slammed a ball against a ball, etc. This looks like some weird combo of basketball/football played on an indoor court where you score into a net that has a keeper (goalie?) in front of it.
The Olympics are littered with junk ā€œsportsā€ now. Itā€™s a joke.

When it comes to the soft sciences I challenge all opinions.
uFCzA.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT