ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

1b676dd4-c60f-4dcd-9783-d3274d0798cf_text.gif

A great opportunity to have a group of confused pervs mock a major world religion. I used to watch and like the Olympics. I do feel better about my personal chances at eternal salvation, comparatively, now.
A guys balls were literally hanging out of his dress. Maybe they should get post op pervs next time

Reaction so far: Soccer (still boring), Handball (WTF?), Canoeing (awesome!)

Seriously did Chandler and Joey make up handball last week?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
A great opportunity to have a group of confused pervs mock a major world religion. I used to watch and like the Olympics. I do feel better about my personal chances at eternal salvation, comparatively, now.
I must have missed the opening ceremony part where they mocked Islam. Or was Islam not mocked because even though the people who put this on are disgusting and disrespectful, they aren't stupid.

Watching Olympic Rugby Sevens!! Really appreciate the coverage for my sport!

SA vs Aussie
Very entertaining sport, but it's over in a heartbeat. 7 minute halves? These guys are built like brick shithouses, in phenomenal shape, but are huffing and puffing by the end of each half. As physically demanding as it gets.

Reaction so far: Soccer (still boring), Handball (WTF?), Canoeing (awesome!)

Seriously did Chandler and Joey make up handball last week?
Handball was a really big before school and recess activity when I went to jr. high @ mid 1960's.

I thought the blue guy was the Greek god of wine & good times. Greece... the Olympics... you know.

I'm not sharp enough to remember his name.
Dionysus. (I didn't remember either) Having watched the opening ceremony live I didn't remember anything about the Last Supper - just a lot of people watching people walk down a cat walk. I was especially impressed by the model going down the rainy runway in toe shoes.

Here's the official account from NBC.

"But the official X account for the Olympic Games shared photos of the moment and referenced the Greek god Dionysus, not “The Last Supper.”

“The interpretation of the Greek God Dionysus makes us aware of the absurdity of violence between human beings,” read a tweet captioning the photos."

Last edited:
Reactions: SickOfPractice
Dionysus. (I didn't remember either) Having watched the opening ceremony live I didn't remember anything about the Last Supper - just a lot of people watching people walk down a cat walk. I was especially impressed by the model going down the rainy runway in toe shoes.

Here's the official account from NBC.

"But the official X account for the Olympic Games shared photos of the moment and referenced the Greek god Dionysus, not “The Last Supper.”

“The interpretation of the Greek God Dionysus makes us aware of the absurdity of violence between human beings,” read a tweet captioning the photos."

That's what's cool about art. It's interpreted differently by each individual. Some are dazzled, some are offended, some are bored.

Leave it to the French to hit us up with some art, history & mythology.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
That's what's cool about art. It's interpreted differently by each individual. Some are dazzled, some are offended, some are bored.

Leave it to the French to hit us up with some art, history & mythology.
Those damn French! Fooling the FB "experts" into misleading their sheep. How dare they include history and mythology and, ya know, education stuff.

The most awkward part was they had Peyton manning commentate on a bunch of drag queens. He had no idea what to say
Interesting (I'm trying to be nice) that they picked Peyton - I thought it was also pretty awkward when he consulted his wrist band of football plays. At least Kelly could talk music - wish they had used former Olympic athletes to a greater extent than they did.

Okay, watching "handball" now and not sure what the heck it is. The handball I remember was played in an indoor court and you slammed a ball against a ball, etc. This looks like some weird combo of basketball/football where you score into a net that has a keoper (goalie?) in front of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT