ADVERTISEMENT

OK, I didn't watch the game live last night due to a family gathering..

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
I did, however, watch the first half this morning and I have to tell you I was impressed with many things about Nebraska. But missed opportunities and two big mistakes kept them from at least being tied if not having a chance to have a lead at the half.

From what I can tell about the second half (and I haven't watched it yet) Wisconsin OWNED the final quarter and a half, like they've been doing all year long. Nebraska's staff was thoroughly outcoached for that stretch as Wisconsin figured out a close game and finished with a convincing win. I thought athlete wise, both teams were similar (maybe a SLIGHT edge for Wisky) for the most part, but better coaching and better play resulting from that sealed the victory. There were chances to make it a game deep into the fourth, but UNL's staff and players could not out think their counterparts on the other sideline.

I don't pretend to think next weeks game with tOSU will end any better because it won't. Talent wise, Ohio State is much better than Nebraska; coaching wise they are way better, and that, as we know, is a bad combination come October 14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT