ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State reduced capacity announced.....

1NebrFan

Walk On
Dec 3, 2004
Ohio State is planning to fill Ohio Stadium at “likely no more than 20 percent capacity” if there is a college football season this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The university announced the figure in a message to season ticket holders on Tuesday. In the message, Ohio State said physical distancing and “mandatory face masks or facial coverings” will be requirements “if games are played.” Additionally, tailgating will be prohibited and the school’s traditional "skull session" pregame pep rallies at St. John's Arena will not be held.

"if there is a college football season this fall"

They don't sound especially confident. And that's not a real good sign given just how close OSU is with the B1G conference powers that be. I have a feeling the only thing still holding a season in place is the financial incentive of the TV dollars.

Last edited:
Ohio State is planning to fill Ohio Stadium at “likely no more than 20 percent capacity” if there is a college football season this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The university announced the figure in a message to season ticket holders on Tuesday. In the message, Ohio State said physical distancing and “mandatory face masks or facial coverings” will be requirements “if games are played.” Additionally, tailgating will be prohibited and the school’s traditional "skull session" pregame pep rallies at St. John's Arena will not be held.

Did they mention how ticketing would work?

My guess would be rotation lotto for each game for season ticket holders?

At what point will someone finally say 'sorry, no football this fall'?

It's going to happen, just a matter of time before the first team/conference makes it public.

I would assume there will be statements coming soon from the rest of the big conference schools

At what point will someone finally say 'sorry, no football this fall'?

It's going to happen, just a matter of time before the first team/conference makes it public.
Im going to go against the grain and say there will be football at least to start the year. As of right now there have been workouts since what June1st with minimal outbreaks or cases. The next week or 2 will be telling because mini camps have started. If we don't see massive outbreaks in football programs happening all over the country. I don't see anything increases just because games are played.
As many have stated from a safety aspect to the student athletes it is much safer for them to be in football. All programs have pretty strict protocols in place to limit and control cases and outbreaks. If there is no football these kids will be off doing what college kids do. Their odds are much much greater to get sick from covid outside of football.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Im going to go against the grain and say there will be football at least to start the year. As of right now there have been workouts since what June1st with minimal outbreaks or cases. The next week or 2 will be telling because mini camps have started. If we don't see massive outbreaks in football programs happening all over the country. I don't see anything increases just because games are played.
As many have stated from a safety aspect to the student athletes it is much safer for them to be in football. All programs have pretty strict protocols in place to limit and control cases and outbreaks. If there is no football these kids will be off doing what college kids do. Their odds are much much greater to get sick from covid outside of football.
Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, but I don't see what happened to the Marlins recently to be an isolated incident. In-addition, it's much more realistic that they're able to protect/isolate professional athletes.

Reactions: The_Glove_Man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT