ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St -15

It doesn’t matter how good a fight is put up in the 1st or 2nd quarter all anyone is going to remember is the final score and whether it’s a W or an L.

Moral victories are for losers.

Blowouts are worse and anything 20 pts or more losing by is a blowout.

You say that a blowout loss is “worse.” Doesn’t that mean that losing, but not getting blown out, is necessarily better and therefore some sort of moral victory? You feeling better about a loss is a moral victory, isn’t it?

It doesn’t matter how good a fight is put up in the 1st or 2nd quarter all anyone is going to remember is the final score and whether it’s a W or an L.

Yeah, you tell'em sill.

I think since we have struggled so much the last 15-20 and especially the last 4. I think us husker fans have tried to find any glimpse of hope we could. That led us to clinging on to moral victories as a gauge to how good we were or could be.
I agree we need to be done with the moral victories. Winning was all that mattered in the past, we need to get to that point again.

Last edited:

Wow, strange post. So the score doesn't matter, only the W or L, but then, the score does matter? Which is it? I certainly remember last years game. We lost by 5 in a hard fought game that could have went either way. So yah, the score did matter and it was much better than losing by 20.

You are wrong in this case. If it is a blowout from start to finish, then yes it will be a disaster, but otherwise it is nothing but positive and is not a moral victory, but you are probably too stupid to understand that.

NU is unranked with a loss and hasn't looked crisp every week. Ohio St. is top 5 and has blown everyone out. They should win, but the fact there is still huge buzz is good for Nebraska's development. Any publicity is good publicity and I'm sorry your Iowa ego is hurt that the world cares more about NU than Iowa even though Iowa is better currently.

I think since we have struggled so much the last 15-20 and especially the last 4. I think us husker fans have tried to find any glimpse of hope we could. That led us to clinging on to moral victories as a gauge to how good we were or could be.
I agree we need to be done with the moral victories. Winning was all that mattered in the past, we need to get to that point again.

This dumbshit is an Iowa fan.

You are wrong in this case. If it is a blowout from start to finish, then yes it will be a disaster, but otherwise it is nothing but positive and is not a moral victory, but you are probably too stupid to understand that.

NU is unranked with a loss and hasn't looked crisp every week. Ohio St. is top 5 and has blown everyone out. They should win, but the fact there is still huge buzz is good for Nebraska's development. Any publicity is good publicity and I'm sorry your Iowa ego is hurt that the world cares more about NU than Iowa even though Iowa is better currently.

And your point is what?

Thanks for the insight, douche. Didn't Iowa make a ring for their moral victory of a season a few years ago?

Reactions: mgbreis

If it is close for 3 quarters then becomes a blowout in the 4th quarter the game is a blowout and nobody of any significance would disagree.

We were on game day a couple of weeks ago and won before a national audience on the road no less, are you saying you will do the same at home yet?

If it is close for 3 quarters then becomes a blowout in the 4th quarter the game is a blowout and nobody of any significance would disagree.

We were on game day a couple of weeks ago and won before a national audience on the road no less, are you saying you will do the same at home yet?

And no one outside of your state gives two shits about Iowa. You were on Gameday because they had never been to Ames.

If it is close for 3 Quarters and it has a great atmosphere the recruits will care and that is who we are worried about. They know OSU is the better team. They are not stupid.

The computer program/ game sim I ran earlier in the week gave us a 30% chance to win. It has now dropped to 15% with odds of Ohio St beating us by 20+ at 36%.

Notice the lack of response to the completely legitimate question about Iowa's moral victory rings. Telling.

Reactions: Sinomatic
And no one outside of your state gives two shits about Iowa. You were on Gameday because they had never been to Ames.

If it is close for 3 Quarters and it has a great atmosphere the recruits will care and that is who we are worried about. They know OSU is the better team. They are not stupid.

What are the recruits going to say if the student section leaves at halftime because it is a blowout?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT