ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason subscriber feedback: Why does Husker Online feature a deranged "political" board on its site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerj12

Athletic Director
Oct 3, 2007
Longtime subscriber, first time complainer:

I kind of understood The Open Scrolls when it was created because the pandemic had just started and that's all there was to talk about, but at this point why in the world would a Nebraska football website decide to attach its name to something so clearly insane? And then just let it fester unmoderated? This is a site for Husker stuff... sure everybody talks about off-topic things sometimes, but you don't HAVE to offer a space for the absolute dregs of the internet to post their addled nonsense, cultish conspiracy theories, and violent fantasies. Honestly, what's in it for Husker Online? Are the extra clicks really worth all of that being hosted on this site?

I don't understand it, and there doesn't seem to be any other avenue to bring this conversation up so maybe it can be revisited here. Husker Online seemed to do just fine for years without a separate psychotic-themed message board, and the original purpose of early Covid info has come and gone. Does anyone else think it's bizarre and unnecessary to have a message board full of insane people screaming at each other on a Husker news site? Or is everyone just used to the internet being a freak show by now?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News