ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from Bloomington

Tennhusker

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2001
What a night to be in the building for a Husker win. What I saw:

1. A strong start. The team wasn't intimidated by the atmosphere. They looked confident and ready to play. Webster, Horne and Watson were big out of the gate.
2. We played really hard. There were head scratching moments and brain farts, but the effort was great.
3. Jacobson kills our offense. When he sat with his 4th foul, Roby took his place. Against the same defense, getting the ball at the same spot (the elbow), Roby had a great pass for an open three followed by a great take to the bucket for two. Jacobson gets the ball right where you want it against the zone, but just isn't decisive.
4. Jordy takes up space and that is all at this point. His footwork around the basket is hard to watch and he doesn't know where to be on defense a lot of the time, but I get why we have to play him.
5. Watson is a player. I heard several Indiana fans say, "Who is that guy, we can't stop him".
6. Webster had an up and down game. He made some key plays, but his missed fts were inexcusable.
7. Morrow is a warrior. The guy is great as a weakside defender and battles so hard.
8. Crean is an idiot. Bryant is an NBA PF and they had multiple chances to foul Morrow out, but settled for three after three. Bryant could've had 40 if they realized he was on their team.

Those are just some quick observations right after the game....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News