ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. NIU Score Prediction

Or if Simms is playing, we lose 13-7 to a G5 putting Rhule and Simms heads on the chopping block. NIU has a hell of a DL.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
I've heard Sims may be out for at least 2 weeks. HH lets go.

200w.gif

Currently at -10.5 & 43.5:

I think HH goes more Triple H and gives it to the Huskies in a scoring explosion for this years team:

31 - NU
9 - NIU

Huskers and the under. HH with 315 Yards of Offense. 110 on the ground 205 through the air to mainly the TE's. Boerkircher and Fidone each have 50+ yards.
31-7

NIU is pretty bad. The fact that we’re only favored by 10 is already terrible. I would say the pros learned HH is starting by the way the line moved. Major red flags if we lose this game no matter who the QB is.

I think it’s possible the staff can form a decent game-plan for HH against a bad team. One that has us running the ball a lot and throwing mostly quick, short passes.

24-10 Nebraska

Last edited:
Currently at -10.5 & 43.5:

I think HH goes more Triple H and gives it to the Huskies in a scoring explosion for this years team:

31 - NU
9 - NIU

Huskers and the under. HH with 315 Yards of Offense. 110 on the ground 205 through the air to mainly the TE's. Boerkircher and Fidone each have 50+ yards.
I don’t know if Nebraska can score 31 points. I’m thinking going with the under and Neb 17 and NI 13.

NIU is pretty bad. The fact that we’re only favored by 10 is already terrible. I would say the pros learned HH is starting by the way the line moved. Major red flags if we lose this game no matter who the QB is.

I think it’s possible the staff can form a decent game-plan for HH against a bad team. One that has us running the ball a lot and throwing quick, short passes.

24-10 Nebraska
From what little we’ve seen of Haarberg in spring game and live action, he likes to go deep

It would be stupid to try and make him dink and dunk. He’s not accurate and doesn’t have a great pocket clock (yet).

I think we pound the rock and chuck it deep - that is playing to his strengths

Guessing Coleman gets his first target this week and it won’t be a short one. Put it up and let our guys go get it.

Reactions: huntered
If Sims is the starter, I think Nebraska struggles for most of the game and will require some late game heroics to eke out a win.

They don't have the confidence or the swagger to bounce back in a big way. And they most certainly don't play angry. That comes from coaching and they are a poorly coached team that lacks discipline on offense. Defense is good.

I don't think this game is going to be fun at all for Husker fans, but I'm not predicting a loss either. I just think it'll be close.

But just like I said in the prediction thread for the Colorado game, I sincerely hope I'm wrong and Nebraska comes out swinging and angry and blows NIU away.

The team really needs that.

Reactions: Crisker
From what little we’ve seen of Haarberg in spring game and live action, he likes to go deep

It would be stupid to try and make him dink and dunk. He’s not accurate and doesn’t have a great pocket clock (yet).

I think we pound the rock and chuck it deep - that is playing to his strengths

Guessing Coleman gets his first target this week and it won’t be a short one. Put it up and let our guys go get it.
From what we’ve seen his accuracy gets worse the deeper he throws it. We’ve only seen him actually hit short fastballs. I know he likes to throw it deep, he’ll hit one or two eventually, but that is his weakness, not his strength.

Reactions: Anegada1
From what we’ve seen his accuracy gets worse the deeper he throws it. We’ve only seen him actually hit short fastballs. I know he likes to throw it deep, he’ll hit one or two eventually, but that is his weakness, not his strength.
this throw right here is a good example of a ball HH can hit and purdy cannot

washington catches this in the 1st quarter when he's not dogging it

Reactions: mgbreis
this throw right here is a good example of a ball HH can hit and purdy cannot

washington catches this in the 1st quarter when he's not dogging it

Other than the ball Fidone caught earlier, everything HH throws is headed down.

Slow the film down and you'll see he takes way too long of a first stride, his upper body isn't in sync with his lower half. Hence, he has no rhythm in the pocket. He crow hops forward flat footed, and on 2 of the 3 balls he threw, the nose of the ball is launched from a different position. It's like he's throwing 3 different pitches in baseball with a different release point for each pitch.

You don't see him on his toes, that's why he has zero rhythm in the pocket. His body is either in front, off center or behind the throw. I don't see how they can have this kid for 3 years and have this result. He's a mess.

He has plenty of arm strength, the problem is all the issues with his rhythm and footwork leading up to the throw. He's not going to be able to go away from the primary receiver, because his feet aren't going to allow it.

No wonder he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Something unrelated that has me shaking my head... Why are all the OL starters still in the game till the end? Why don't they give those young backups some snaps in a game when they're down almost 30 points in the 4th quarter?

Aren't they on the travel squad for a reason?

Other than the ball Fidone caught earlier, everything HH throws is headed down.

Slow the film down and you'll see he takes way too long of a first stride, his upper body isn't in sync with his lower half. Hence, he has no rhythm in the pocket. He crow hops forward flat footed, and on 2 of the 3 balls he threw, the nose of the ball is launched from a different position. It's like he's throwing 3 different pitches in baseball with a different release point for each pitch.

You don't see him on his toes, that's why he has zero rhythm in the pocket. His body is either in front, off center or behind the throw. I don't see how they can have this kid for 3 years and have this result. He's a mess.

He has plenty of arm strength, the problem is all the issues with his rhythm and footwork leading up to the throw. He's not going to be able to go away from the primary receiver, because his feet aren't going to allow it.

No wonder he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Something unrelated that has me shaking my head... Why are all the OL starters still in the game till the end? Why don't they give those young backups some snaps in a game when they're down almost 30 points in the 4th quarter?

Aren't they on the travel squad for a reason?
We’ll find out if our staff is worth its salt very soon

We'd better get off to a good start or I predict I'll be walking the dog, mowing the lawn, doing the wife, waxing the car..... etc.

Reactions: cruelhalo
15 Nebraska
10 Illinois Directional

Nebraska gets a touchdown, two FGs and a safety.

Doesn’t matter who starts.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT