ADVERTISEMENT

NU TD underdog on Black Friday

I’ve got way too much money on Iowa over 7.5 wins on the season. I’m thinking of throwing a couple hundred on Nebraska +7.5 to hedge and leave a window to win both bets. Thoughts?
All this iowa sucks talk is kind of cringy considering they’ve owned us recently.
Yes, historically, they are not even an afterthought but let’s win one before we talk so boldly.
That Ole fvcking Ferentz can coach up a damn steaming pile of shit and win the west.

Wish someone would coach up our steaming pile of shit.

Exactly, well put. Iowa fans are undefeated in coming up with excuses as to why their team lacks any real success on a national level…..looking forward to watching them crash and burn again soon.

I don't know that there are really excuses as to why Iowa can't beat the Ohio States of the world, they have far better talent, and always will. Anyone expecting Iowa to compete for final4 appearances has their head in the clouds and not living in reality.

The harsh reality is that teams in the plains are not in a position to compete with the "Haves" in college football. I'll gladly take what Iowa has done the last 20 years, 5 top 10 finishes, many more top 25 finishes and only 2 seasons without a bowl game. The only other team in the Midwest to accomplish anything near that is Wisconsin.

Nebraska has proven that teams in this region are closer to Indiana, in terms of success, than Ohio State; it's a tough pill for most to swallow.

Iowa will likely win this Friday, not because we are so awesome, we aren't, but I won't be surprised if Nebraska is just ready to get this nightmare over with. Iowa will go put up a fight vs tOSU but fall short, likely keep it close for a half but wear out in the 2nd to make it look worse than it really is. The national media will kill us, but whatever, the cards are so stacked against pretty much every team in this conference that I'm not sure why anyone is surprised to get slaughtered by tOSU. I'm guessing they have WR'S not even in the rotation that would start at every team in the west. It is what it is...but id rather be in the game than sitting at home. A chip and a chair.

Hope Nebraska gets a coach that can turn it around. It's best for everyone to have good teams in the division.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I don't know that there are really excuses as to why Iowa can't beat the Ohio States of the world, they have far better talent, and always will. Anyone expecting Iowa to compete for final4 appearances has their head in the clouds and not living in reality.

The harsh reality is that teams in the plains are not in a position to compete with the "Haves" in college football. I'll gladly take what Iowa has done the last 20 years, 5 top 10 finishes, many more top 25 finishes and only 2 seasons without a bowl game. The only other team in the Midwest to accomplish anything near that is Wisconsin.

Nebraska has proven that teams in this region are closer to Indiana, in terms of success, than Ohio State; it's a tough pill for most to swallow.

Iowa will likely win this Friday, not because we are so awesome, we aren't, but I won't be surprised if Nebraska is just ready to get this nightmare over with. Iowa will go put up a fight vs tOSU but fall short, likely keep it close for a half but wear out in the 2nd to make it look worse than it really is. The national media will kill us, but whatever, the cards are so stacked against pretty much every team in this conference that I'm not sure why anyone is surprised to get slaughtered by tOSU. I'm guessing they have WR'S not even in the rotation that would start at every team in the west. It is what it is...but id rather be in the game than sitting at home. A chip and a chair.

Hope Nebraska gets a coach that can turn it around. It's best for everyone to have good teams in the division.
Lol….posted like a true Iowa troll. No self respecting Nebraska fan would take anything Iowa football prior to 2015. Sure 8-10 wins a season would be better than having a losing record, but TO, Solich and Pelini owned iowa from the late 70s through 2014 and Nebraska 2002-2014 was better head to head as well as W/L…..

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky

When UCLA/USC join kiss your divisions good 👋🏻 and playing Rutgers every year for the next 4/5 years that was gift wrapped for you by the conference..

Lol….posted like a true Iowa troll. No self respecting Nebraska fan would take anything Iowa football prior to 2015. Sure 8-10 wins a season would be better than having a losing record, but TO, Solich and Pelini owned iowa from the late 70s through 2014 and Nebraska 2002-2014 was better head to head as well as W/L….
I'm curious, if you wouldn't accept Iowa results, what are the expectations in Lincoln for the new coach?

I'm curious, if you wouldn't accept Iowa results, what are the expectations in Lincoln for the new coach?
2015-present sure, I’d take any teams winning record over Nebraska’s losing record, just like I stated originally, 2002-2014 Nebraska had a better W/L record and was better head to head.

The kind of insufferable pricks that would register for a new account just to troll our rivals? Thanks for the heads up. I’ll try to steer clear of these insufferable Iowa fans.
I can’t speak for that guy, but I’ve found Iowa fans are harmless in person, it’s just something about hiding on social media gives you tools some internet tough guy attitude. You all are harmless in person, you seem to know your place when your face to face with us good Nebraska fans.

I don’t need to rehash the fact that iowa has a terrible message board fan base, all college football fans know that to be true.

Some things I love about watching Nebraska v iowa on a national broadcast.

When the game is in Lincoln the unbiased commentators say the following in some form or fashion about Nebraska football:

1. Discuss Nebraska’s glory days and NCs
2. Discuss the sellout streak
3. Discuss how great Nebraska fans are.

about iowa football:

1. Something about tough defense

When the game is in iowa city about Nebraska football:

1. Discuss Nebraska’s glory days and NCs
2. Discuss how great Nebraska fans are.

About iowa football:

1. Something about the wave to sick children

I don’t need to rehash the fact that iowa has a terrible message board fan base, all college football fans know that to be true.

Some things I love about watching Nebraska v iowa on a national broadcast.

When the game is in Lincoln the unbiased commentators say the following in some form or fashion about Nebraska football:

2. Discuss the sellout streak

i

Everyone knows the streak is a farce.

i

Everyone knows the streak is a farce.
I know it triggers you fools thats why I love every time unbiased commentators mention it. No Nebraska fan I know of cares about it or think it’s significant in any way. DBag iowa fans being triggered by it is the only reason I hope they keep it going.

Reactions: scarletred
I know it triggers you fools thats why I love every time unbiased commentators mention it. No Nebraska fan I know of cares about it or think it’s significant in any way. DBag iowa fans being triggered by it is the only reason I hope they keep it going.

Yet you are the one that brought it up.

I think he was saying TV broadcaster’s bring it during our home games broadcast…That is a fact that they do along with mentioning 5 National Championship..
My bad, I should’ve simplified for the intended target, iowa fans generally aren’t the sharpest. I need to my know my audience better.

Regardless of the outcome between iowa v Nebraska , I will always enjoy listening to the national broadcast, as the unbiased commentators will always bring up topics that trigger hyper sensitive iowa fans. Using hyper sensitive and iowa fans in the same sentence is redundant…..

Heads up @scarletred you may need to give our iowa friends the definition of the word “redundant”……

Reactions: scarletred
I’ve got way too much money on Iowa over 7.5 wins on the season. I’m thinking of throwing a couple hundred on Nebraska +7.5 to hedge and leave a window to win both bets. Thoughts?

Think we lose but beat the spread. Very much like whiskey game, low scoring but Iowa puts one in late to win.

According to reports, meth sales are very strong in Iowa, if you happen to lose, you should be able to quickly recoup your loses.

I am not a huge fan of hedging but I have done it in the past.

Something is better than nothing, so maybe hedge?

Iowa defensive line will destroy our o line. Agree with poster above that Thompson could very well get knocked out of the game. Especially when Grant isn't in backfield to block because it seems like he's the only one that can. Just as well go empty backfield. 😌
He doesn't do a great job of it

Reactions: IowaTaterHead
The under seems like “easy money” so I’ll pry go really small on the under. Still haven’t figured out if or how much I’m putting on Nebrask +10.5 now to hedge.
You‘d be better off beating on Minnesota covering over Wisconsin..

I’ll say this for Iowa: the team has guts. They were an absolute laughingstock midway through the season. They could have folded. Instead, they got their stuff together and figured out a way to win this weak sauce division. I can’t stand the Hawkeyes, but when I see our team crumple like a tin can every time we get a lead and the opposition scores a freaking touchdown, I have to grudgingly respect what they’ve done this year.

I don’t want Nebraska to aim for Iowa’s low bar definition of success. But I sure as hell wouldn’t mind if we didn’t fold like a cheap tent at the first hint of adversity every…single…time. Eight straight years of mentally weak football, and yesterday was just another example in a long line of them.
They went from laughing stock to totally irrelevant.

Reactions: IowaTaterHead
All this iowa sucks talk is kind of cringy considering they’ve owned us recently.
Yes, historically, they are not even an afterthought but let’s win one before we talk so boldly.
I hope whichever team wins the west wins the game in Indy so the B1G is rightly left out of the playoff

Yes I know I’m taking money out of my own pocket by saying this but this soiled diaper of a league doesn’t deserve a spot

Irrelevant would be the only power 5 team to not play in a bowl game for the past 5 years not a team potentially going to the big10 championship games for the second straight year.
I see you found our board no problem

If we’re irrelevant, what does that make all the dickless iowa fans like you who seek us out day after day?

The under seems like “easy money” so I’ll pry go really small on the under. Still haven’t figured out if or how much I’m putting on Nebrask +10.5 now to hedge.

Irrelevant would be the only power 5 team to not play in a bowl game for the past 5 years not a team potentially going to the big10 championship games for the second straight year.
Iowa football is relevant on national radio and by relevant I mean Dan Patrick and his crew just openly laughed at and mocked Iowa football after discovering they may be reping the b10 west in the conference championship game. Congrats Iowa turds your team is finally “relevant “….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT