ADVERTISEMENT

NU TD underdog on Black Friday

Good grief I'd love to see MJ and this team eek out a win over Iowa.

The Game! That's a game I rarely miss in college football. This year is particularly intriguing!
First time since both teams are undefeated heading into the game since 2006 if memory serves. That was a great game that year even though OSU ended up being exposed against Florida in the title game.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
We'll lose something like 17-3 in a game that doesn't feel that close
I figure with one game left in the season and with 'outgoing"coaches MJ and staff at the helm we may well just mail this one in - especially if something goes awry early. I can see 23-3 with CT getting knocked out by third quarter. Anyone with a pulse on this team is probably planning for 2023 at this point and could care less about beating Iowa.

Reactions: TheHuskerFreak
Some interesting lines on FanDuel this morning.

Nebraska +8.5
Georgia -16.5 vs LSU
Clemson -14 vs S.Carolina
OSU-9.5 vs ScUM.
Georgia/ LSU don’t play till December 3rd..

LSU plays in college station it open at -7.5 against A&M..

My lines are are opening lines from Vegas Insider.. Not current lines..

Reactions: Scott559
Bro. I’m as big of an Iowa homer as it gets and my head will explode if we crack 14, let alone 17.
You’re talking crazy!
Whipple lacks imagination and his last game. We will run basic plays against a better and more opportunistic defense and special teams than Wisky. You will win turnovers, will be working with short fields, and getting your share 3 n outs. It'll be slow and ugly, but you'll get there.

Whipple lacks imagination and his last game. We will run basic plays against a better and more opportunistic defense and special teams than Wisky. You will win turnovers, will be working with short fields, and getting your share 3 n outs. It'll be slow and ugly, but you'll get there.
100% spot on...close first half, we will throw 40x and lose 20-10.

Iowa defensive line will destroy our o line. Agree with poster above that Thompson could very well get knocked out of the game. Especially when Grant isn't in backfield to block because it seems like he's the only one that can. Just as well go empty backfield. 😌

• Haha
Reactions: SaladTossingHawkeye
Run, run, pass to wide open TE, rinse repeat. Petras will look like a Heisman QB and Iowa fans will once again get their hopes up that their team is great only to be brought back to earth the next time their team plays an opponent with a pulse. Indoor in Indianapolis should be another laugher with Iowa getting destroyed again and I will watch and laugh. It never gets old watching that terrible Iowa fan base get its hopes up just to see them crash back to reality.

Against Nebraska
1st qtr Iowa 10-3
2nd qtr Iowa 17-6
3rd qtr Iowa 24-13
Final Iowa 31-21

Run, run, pass to wide open TE, rinse repeat. Petras will look like a Heisman QB and Iowa fans will once again get their hopes up that their team is great only to be brought back to earth the next time their team plays an opponent with a pulse. Indoor in Indianapolis should be another laugher with Iowa getting destroyed again and I will watch and laugh. It never gets old watching that terrible Iowa fan base get its hopes up just to see them crash back to reality.
Lol just realized when you said this Iowa is in Indy with a win. Good god the West sucks ass lol

Reactions: IowaTaterHead
Lol….some Iowa scum will now chime in on how “Nebraska ain’t in the b12 anymore” to which one of us will point out that Iowa lost to a bad b12 team this season. Iowa fans are insufferable dirtbags.
Not sure how the conference compares to the Big 12 overall but I'm sure of two things... the West is really bad and we are really bad in the West. With the Big 3 out of our way in the East we should have been able to win this sorry division virtually every year. Really pretty sad to think about

I’ll say this for Iowa: the team has guts. They were an absolute laughingstock midway through the season. They could have folded. Instead, they got their stuff together and figured out a way to win this weak sauce division. I can’t stand the Hawkeyes, but when I see our team crumple like a tin can every time we get a lead and the opposition scores a freaking touchdown, I have to grudgingly respect what they’ve done this year.

I don’t want Nebraska to aim for Iowa’s low bar definition of success. But I sure as hell wouldn’t mind if we didn’t fold like a cheap tent at the first hint of adversity every…single…time. Eight straight years of mentally weak football, and yesterday was just another example in a long line of them.

Not sure how the conference compares to the Big 12 overall but I'm sure of two things... the West is really bad and we are really bad in the West. With the Big 3 out of our way in the East we should have been able to win this sorry division virtually every year. Really pretty sad to think about
Exactly, well put. Iowa fans are undefeated in coming up with excuses as to why their team lacks any real success on a national level…..looking forward to watching them crash and burn again soon.

I’ll say this for Iowa: the team has guts. They were an absolute laughingstock midway through the season. They could have folded. Instead, they got their stuff together and figured out a way to win this weak sauce division. I can’t stand the Hawkeyes, but when I see our team crumple like a tin can every time we get a lead and the opposition scores a freaking touchdown, I have to grudgingly respect what they’ve done this year.

I don’t want Nebraska to aim for Iowa’s low bar definition of success. But I sure as hell wouldn’t mind if we didn’t fold like a cheap tent at the first hint of adversity every…single…time. Eight straight years of mentally weak football, and yesterday was just another example in a long line of them.
If only Iowa fans were so level headed. It was hilarious when the commentators of yesterdays bore fest in Minnesota said that Iowa fans need to get real about what their team can achieve and stop complaining.

Reactions: Dylman and Frozone
All this iowa sucks talk is kind of cringy considering they’ve owned us recently.
Yes, historically, they are not even an afterthought but let’s win one before we talk so boldly.
I can only speak for myself, but it’s not the team that sucks, it’s their terrible fans. Until the legit racism scandal in the Iowa football program I had some respect for the Iowa program , they were the loveable try hard losers. Iowa fans on the other hand are just try hard losers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT