ADVERTISEMENT

Now we will see...

TravisWalker

All-American
Oct 25, 2009
Just what kind of team and coaching we have. Will they fold? Bounce back? Who knows. We are about to find out what kind of leaders we have on this team.

I don't think they will fold. They didn’t last year when they started 0-6, got killed by Michigan, lost to Troy, etc. The problem is, even though we won’t fold, how do we get better? We still don’t have any receivers on the outside, still have do depth at safety. Interior OL is a mess. I think effort and determination will still be there, but we have so many areas on concern right now and I’m not seeing an easy fix for them.

Reactions: TravisWalker
Just what kind of team and coaching we have. Will they fold? Bounce back? Who knows. We are about to find out what kind of leaders we have on this team.

I was just thinking about this. Hopefully this loss put a bad taste in their mouths and use it to find better focus. My biggest concern is with Martinez. So far it seems like he is struggling with the leadership role and is turning into the 2nd coming of Steve Taylor: unstoppable for a while but when he goes cold he falls apart. Verduzco's sciencey approach to the game may turn a gamer into a game manager. Too much thinking, not enough playing.

I don't think they will fold. They didn’t last year when they started 0-6, got killed by Michigan, lost to Troy, etc. The problem is, even though we won’t fold, how do we get better? We still don’t have any receivers on the outside, still have do depth at safety. Interior OL is a mess. I think effort and determination will still be there, but we have so many areas on concern right now and I’m not seeing an easy fix for them.

Additionally, our defense sometimes forgets how to tackle for quarters / halves

The number of times a loss turns around an entire team is quite small. Rather, games usually reveal the quality of the team and not what the team could be if only x, y, z. When you start to see patterns after 2 and 3 games, those patterns, good or bad, are who the team is.

Wake up calls are fans wishing for change. Wishing doesn't work in sports or life. It is, what it is, and it ain't good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT