ADVERTISEMENT

Now Blaise Keita Leaving

Fred not quite as public as Matt in terms of why guys aren’t playing. All we heard this year was “injuries” for Keita. Still seems like a high upside raw athlete that could develop somewhere but maybe Fred is not optimistic about whatever his injury problem is. Could’ve been encouraged to leave.

This is the normal landscape now unfortunately and seems Rhule has performed a mini miracle having so few guys transfer out. It seems most of the freshman talent Fred has recruited ends up transferring out if they don’t see the floor enough immediately. That being said, he was clearly onto something with the transfers he brought in last season.

The More You Know Rainbow GIF by LookHUMAN

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
None of these portal announcements are shock, IMO. I think it’s fair to say that Fred has had his one on ones, and we see the results. Next.

Reactions: leodisflowers
There was a stretch this year where CJ really played pretty well....towards the end of the season, seems like he regressed to the mean. Great kid it seems like, will miss his leadership...but I think Nebraska will survive competitively without CJ.

I feel badly for Keita because he seemed to have a promising career ahead of him before all the injuries. But, NU definitely needs to move on. Hopefully Keita made the most of his time there and is on track to get a degree.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
Maybe they're leaving because Hoiberg was already going for others. He's obviously improved his stock. Maybe he can use that to get better players.
That’s my thought as well. I’m hoping that we made just enough noise this year that players are giving us a serious look. Nebrasketball was so fun this year.

There is probably no chance, but I saw Colorado had a few guys go in the portal. I like how that Lampkin guy uses his body.
J’Vonne Hadley would be a good, under-the-radar pickup. Was kind of an undersized power forward his junior year, then moved to the perimeter last season with pretty good results. Solid and versatile defender.

Lampkin was a turnover machine early in the year, but got it together and played really well down the stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
I feel badly for Keita because he seemed to have a promising career ahead of him before all the injuries. But, NU definitely needs to move on. Hopefully Keita made the most of his time there and is on track to get a degree.
Speaking of degrees, I always wonder if these guys credits transfer between schools. I have a hunch a lot of credits don’t transfer but no one ever seems too concerned about the education side of things.

Speaking of degrees, I always wonder if these guys credits transfer between schools. I have a hunch a lot of credits don’t transfer but no one ever seems too concerned about the education side of things.
Shoot, I lost credits just going from UNL to UNO. I can't remember how many exactly, 6 maybe.

There is probably no chance, but I saw Colorado had a few guys go in the portal. I like how that Lampkin guy uses his body.
He has to use his body just to get shots off. I think his weight is north of 270 at this point. He's leaving for NIL money and we have some, but I don't think he's a fit with what has been working for us offensively. I don't have any idea what kind of money the basketball team has in NIL, but I don't see us using it on him.

He has to use his body just to get shots off. I think his weight is north of 270 at this point. He's leaving for NIL money and we have some, but I don't think he's a fit with what has been working for us offensively. I don't have any idea what kind of money the basketball team has in NIL, but I don't see us using it on him.
Probably not, but he was a problem in the tourney. Kid made some money.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT