ADVERTISEMENT

"Not with a bang but with a whimper".

dochay

Junior
Nov 7, 2004
Uggh, please forgive a lifelong indenter for not double spacing between paragraphs (edited) I certainly deserved all of the Smart Alek, negative responses, too hard to just point it out or even not post... Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for making this such a great place to visit!

I have a feeling that our recruiting class will be filled out with no four or five star guys. We'll get some good three stars, Daniels, Hafiz, Holmes (Gavin) maybe Cotton and some others that come on the scene. Just think we come close but no cigar. I liked the idea of getting the big guns, but I feel good about this class, not many reaches, most need development but they all have some good potential. I feel that this staff can and will develop them and that is the important part.

I like the potential and mental make-up of the recruits, how our jewels; McQuitty, Johnson Jr, Roberts and Gebbia committed early and never wavered. I like the toughness of the linemen on both sides of ball, especially the OL, I like the athletic ability of the lower ranked guys like Hampton and Allen, both bring something unique to their positions if they develop.
This may not be the homerun we all wanted but I think the pieces needed to improve are already in the system.

The redshirts and the young guns that played this year will make us much improved. Our secondary is in good shape, our linebackers and DL are solid and may be improved, Miller and Stille could be big time for us next year. Our O-line returns a ton of experience and will finally get some depth, healthy competition will make them better. I think QB will be improved no matter who starts, running back will be different, maybe better but certainly not worse. We have the talent to make receiver position a threat, the QB will help with this. TE will be diminished but a committee approach should make up for Carter.

To sum up, the future looks bright no matter what happens her on out, we got some good players and we got the coaches to get the most out of them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News