ADVERTISEMENT

Not cool KSU

"I mean that is so unfair...now...if I have a good season and my agent gets a call saying that a team with more money and better resources is interested in me, well that is totally okay, that is different"
OK fine. But I am all for getting all of this mud out into the public. I don't care if it's an agent (or an agent of an agent) doing the contacting. Or if it's a coach or player. If K State is operating like a Michigan or an SEC team, then let's get that out there. Plus, I believe it's against the rules, right?

Reactions: V-Doub
OK fine. But I am all for getting all of this mud out into the public. I don't care if it's an agent (or an agent of an agent) doing the contacting. Or if it's a coach or player. If K State is operating like a Michigan or an SEC team, then let's get that out there. Plus, I believe it's against the rules, right?
Nope...it is not against any rule for a random person to contact a player.

Every contact made by these schools is by a so called "random person". So K State is being totally sleazy and figures that they will get away with it. I'm glad they at least got called out on it. I wish every coach did that.

Reactions: HBK4life
Every contact made by these schools is by a so called "random person". So K State is being totally sleazy and figures that they will get away with it. I'm glad they at least got called out on it. I wish every coach did that.
Didn't Rhule say schools were calling Fidone in the off season trying to poach him and some of our guys?

Didn't Rhule say schools were calling Fidone in the off season trying to poach him and some of our guys?
He didn't name the schools. And it is fine to take the high road I guess, coaches typically don't want to bash other coaches. But a coach can also say something like I gotta believe Coach so and so had nothing to do with this kind of cheating and then name the school and the offer that was made.

honestly who cares? If we were doing this to upgrade at positions I’d have no problem with it

Big bank take little bank

• Love
Reactions: kakdawg
because 4* dylan edwards just transferred from cu to k-state after starting there as a freshman. and 5* linkon cure just committed to klieman. not exactly randomness at play here.
I bet they weren’t offered any money either, huh?

Maybe just recognize that it’s happening all over college football and own that it could have happened at KSU as well.

I bet they weren’t offered any money either, huh?

Maybe just recognize that it’s happening all over college football and own that it could have happened at KSU as well.
oh, i have no doubt that money is involved, deeply. k-state nil is a workhorse. that's pretty obvious on the basketball side.

Not buying this. KSU has an incerdibly talented QB that helped run Howard off. Why would they tamper like this and risk it?

Maybe this is just sarcasm I’m missing, but you don’t really believe Avery Johnson “ran off” Howard do you? Howard had the chance to cash in and play for a big time program and took it. He’s moving up.

Wrong. Bylaw 13 expressly prohibits "representatives of an institution's athletics interests" (fans) from contacting another team's player for recruiting purposes. And even though they are now ignored, the rules against tampering and paying a kid to play for your team (without somehow earning the pay) are still on the books

Reactions: Dean Pope
Maybe this is just sarcasm I’m missing, but you don’t really believe Avery Johnson “ran off” Howard do you? Howard had the chance to cash in and play for a big time program and took it. He’s moving up.
Oh he does. Just asking the 'talking heads"

this is the most absurd take ever.

"We saw enough last year that for us, we knew he was going to be the guy long term for us, and he was ready for the moment," Klieman said. "It was his time ... and it came up late in his first year where he ended up truly being the face, and I'm excited because he's taken that mantle really well, and he's been a great leader."

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79

"We saw enough last year that for us, we knew he was going to be the guy long term for us, and he was ready for the moment," Klieman said. "It was his time ... and it came up late in his first year where he ended up truly being the face, and I'm excited because he's taken that mantle really well, and he's been a great leader."

Had that article been written in January with these comments by Klieman, it would mean something. In July, Howard is already gone and Klieman is in the mode to make sure the short long haired dude has full confidence going into 2024.

Had that article been written in January with these comments by Klieman, it would mean something. In July, Howard is already gone and Klieman is in the mode to make sure the short long haired dude has full confidence going into 2024.
let it play out. we can then judge. i hope will howard has a hell of fine year in c'bus. he's a great youngster.

Wrong. Bylaw 13 expressly prohibits "representatives of an institution's athletics interests" (fans) from contacting another team's player for recruiting purposes. And even though they are now ignored, the rules against tampering and paying a kid to play for your team (without somehow earning the pay) are still on the books
Like I said...it is not against a rule anymore.

Imagine that: the QB who stayed is the one the coach really wanted all along.

Seems a lot like the NFL draft, where - somehow, some way - all 32 teams always get "their guy." Every year, every time.

Imagine that: the QB who stayed is the one the coach really wanted all along.

Seems a lot like the NFL draft, where - somehow, some way - all 32 teams always get "their guy." Every year, every time.
well, the fact remains, avery johnson was one of the most sought after quarterbacks in the country out of high school including offers from nd, N, oregon, and almost every other p5 school at the time. and klieman said what he did after will howard transferred.

Let's not pretend that we don't have free agency and that players aren't getting some 'signals' of what they are worth prior to entering the portal. That said, $600k to a guy who threw 16 picks last year and had negative rushing yards just doesn't fit the K-State style of minimizing turnovers and having a QB run game. If the story had been Dylan Edwards, I would probably tend to believe it, but not an average QB that they don't really have a use for.

As for Will Howard, any casual fan could see that Avery was going into this year as the starter. Nobody was shocked or panicking when he entered the portal.

Good for Will for making some $$. I knew that there would be a spot for him at a decent program, but I was surprised a bit that it was OSU.

Reactions: kakdawg
Let's not pretend that we don't have free agency and that players aren't getting some 'signals' of what they are worth prior to entering the portal. That said, $600k to a guy who threw 16 picks last year and had negative rushing yards just doesn't fit the K-State style of minimizing turnovers and having a QB run game. If the story had been Dylan Edwards, I would probably tend to believe it, but not an average QB that they don't really have a use for.

As for Will Howard, any casual fan could see that Avery was going into this year as the starter. Nobody was shocked or panicking when he entered the portal.

Good for Will for making some $$. I knew that there would be a spot for him at a decent program, but I was surprised a bit that it was OSU.
could not have written it better myself. thanks for being reasonable.

Sure Jan GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT