ADVERTISEMENT

Nole Fan coming in peace my Big Red Bros

Aug 28, 2021
Hi all, longtime FSU Fan here coming in peace to ask some questions from you guys about your team and program.

First, let me say as a longtime FSU fan and child of the 90's, I was raised on Nebraska being the other superpower of the country and enjoyed the memories of the Orange Bowls of yesteryear. I always hope and root for you guys to have great success as Nebraska as a National Power is great for the sport.

The main reason I'm posting is that past few years to expand my college football obsession (and annoy my wife) I like to pick a team outside FSU to follow for the following season. Traditionally it's a P5 team and one with a Coach that's a couple of years into his build. I'm a big Matt Rhule guy as well and have seen up close at Temple how he built the program, so trust me, I think you're in good hands.

So in order to do this properly, I'll spend the summer watching the games from the previous year to get to know some of the key contributors as well as where they are in their process (a task a lot easier before the Portal made it a year to year sport). But the biggest help would be you do you guys go to for your Husker knowledge and insights. i.e Podcasts, Youtube Channels, Social Media accounts, etc. Any guidance here would be a big help during the dog days of the summer months.

Also any key guys to get to know before I dive into the games? I know Raiola is the new stud at QB and I know there's some single digit studs on the D but anyone else you all see as break out potential?

Any info helps and look forward to a big year 2 for you guys and getting in on "the ground floor"

Hi all, longtime FSU Fan here coming in peace to ask some questions from you guys about your team and program.

First, let me say as a longtime FSU fan and child of the 90's, I was raised on Nebraska being the other superpower of the country and enjoyed the memories of the Orange Bowls of yesteryear. I always hope and root for you guys to have great success as Nebraska as a National Power is great for the sport.

The main reason I'm posting is that past few years to expand my college football obsession (and annoy my wife) I like to pick a team outside FSU to follow for the following season. Traditionally it's a P5 team and one with a Coach that's a couple of years into his build. I'm a big Matt Rhule guy as well and have seen up close at Temple how he built the program, so trust me, I think you're in good hands.

So in order to do this properly, I'll spend the summer watching the games from the previous year to get to know some of the key contributors as well as where they are in their process (a task a lot easier before the Portal made it a year to year sport). But the biggest help would be you do you guys go to for your Husker knowledge and insights. i.e Podcasts, Youtube Channels, Social Media accounts, etc. Any guidance here would be a big help during the dog days of the summer months.

Also any key guys to get to know before I dive into the games? I know Raiola is the new stud at QB and I know there's some single digit studs on the D but anyone else you all see as break out potential?

Any info helps and look forward to a big year 2 for you guys and getting in on "the ground floor"
You are welcome here if you can find the clip on Corey Dixon's punt return and admit that William Floyd fumbled short of the goal line

You are welcome here if you can find the clip on Corey Dixon's punt return and admit that William Floyd fumbled short of the goal line
JFC Live into today’s world. And FYI if they had replay the previous play before his fumble would have been ruled a TD .

Good luck with the YouTube channels, I swear our fanbase has an inordinate amount of randos making YouTube videos constantly. Jon Johnston is worth looking up, with the Corn Nation channel.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Yeah you can skip watching last year's games unless you want to just watch the defensive series. Personnel caused us to basically run a 1940s offense that will look nothing like the offense going forward haha. A better idea to get a sense of the 2024 offense would be to watch the first 2-3 quarters of our spring game:

Gabriel Iglesias Finger Guns GIF by NETFLIX

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Honestly I don't think you will learn much by watching last year's tape. There's going to be so much different and upgraded personel.
I agree with not learning much from watching last year's tape - other than we turned the ball over a lot and overall seemed to lack the ability to grind out a win.

But welcome Nole. We had some good battles back in the day! Bowden was a class act.

I will just say - what a cool idea and awesome commitment to invest so much and really get into it. Cool stuff. We are a team on the rise and would be a good year to watch along.

Reactions: Laner2
I will just say - what a cool idea and awesome commitment to invest so much and really get into it. Cool stuff. We are a team on the rise and would be a good year to watch along.

It’s something i started to do since Covid. I work from Home and a job that has some downtime and summer nights/weekends doesn’t leave a lot of tv options outside baseball. So it’s easy to catch up on a team. And watching them progress from the start to the end is cool. I recommend for anyone to do it as it helps grow your love of the sport too.

I also have a spot for Matt Rhule as I got my degree from Temple and saw him first hand build the program to a level it has never seen. Which is why I’m eager to watch him at a school that actually has the resources to fulfill his vision.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I’m excited to dive in and look forward to dropping in over the next few months to what should hopefully be a solid step forward (at the worst) for you guys this year.

It’s something i started to do since Covid. I work from Home and a job that has some downtime and summer nights/weekends doesn’t leave a lot of tv options outside baseball. So it’s easy to catch up on a team. And watching them progress from the start to the end is cool. I recommend for anyone to do it as it helps grow your love of the sport too.

I also have a spot for Matt Rhule as I got my degree from Temple and saw him first hand build the program to a level it has never seen. Which is why I’m eager to watch him at a school that actually has the resources to fulfill his vision.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I’m excited to dive in and look forward to dropping in over the next few months to what should hopefully be a solid step forward (at the worst) for you guys this year.
What is fsu going to do iyo in respect towards acc and conference realignment? What's your choice?

Thanks

Reactions: BleedRed78
What is fsu going to do iyo in respect towards acc and conference realignment? What's your choice?

Thanks

While culturally, I think the SEC would be the best fit. I'm more interested and think that The BIG is and SHOULD be the end goal. It allows a more national schedule which is where FSU built its name, the academic prestige is better, and I think there's some more intriguing growth possibilities with the league as well.

That said, I think by the time the early 2030's roll around, we're all going to be in a 48-64ish super league with pod divisions that resemble the older days of the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT