ADVERTISEMENT

"No hats in meetings" --Deion Sanders

Then why are you upset? they get free education, food and nowadays $. If I wear a hat in my office I promise you my boss will tell me to take it off.
I totally get this, but why? Like, why would he care? We have a weird dislike for hats and jeans (this one still boggles my mind)

Like, if you had a hat on at work, would you be a bad worker-bee all of a sudden?

Reactions: moralvictories
I don't think this was an official meeting

This was more of a meet and greet.

But I expect coaches to wear hats while they are in meetings.

Players are expected to be in certain attire upon request. That's the dynamic.

I mean is Deion gonna wear a helmet on the sideline. Its the appropriate attire...lol

Why would you expect a coach to wear a hat in a meeting? If it’s disrespectful, it’s disrespectful. Why wouldn’t the coach model the behavior? Or is it just lip service he doesn’t actually believe in?

Why would you expect a coach to wear a hat in a meeting? If it’s disrespectful, it’s disrespectful. Why wouldn’t the coach model the behavior? Or is it just lip service he doesn’t actually believe in?
It's more the impression there will be different rules for different people.

It's no different than this player screws up and escapes discipline, but the other player screws up and is benched or disciplined by running stadium steps or some type of punitive punishment.

We'll have to see when some hotshot recruit moves from a likely starting job, or early playing time at his previous school to riding the pine behind another hotshot at Colorado.

Shit like that usually blows up in someone's face.

Reactions: headcard
Yep. Good thing that dude never did anything to stand out during his playing career.

What's next, Sanders telling his players it's important to go to class and get good grades
Not a CU fan but predict Sanders will do very well at CU. Just watch.

ehhhh I get it but i coached HS ball for years and we had rules for players but not coaches. Just like at home there might be rules for kids but not the adults, bedtimes, what they can watch, what they can eat/drink, if they can or can't use their phones at the table, bathtime, shower time.

Deion generates a lot of emotional reactions for sure. Hate from adults who can't stand the showboating, hate from jealous fans/coaches who can't stand his success and adoration from young kids. He runs a disciplined team and gets away with it because he is "Deion". Verdict is out right now how he'll do on the field vs. P5 competition - it's a major step up.. But we do know he's going to rack up some recruiting wins, that's clear already.
I have seen the results of when you pick a former jock who is popular with some players and has a lot of notoriety, but little coaching experience at the P5 level. Trust me, it doesn't go well.

Reactions: Bugeater
I don’t think he’ll be at Colorado very long. In fact, if Mississippi State offered him their now vacant head coaching job and agreed to pay his buyout at Colorado, I think he would take it and leave Colorado without ever having coached a game there.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo and thall_
I don’t think he’ll be at Colorado very long. In fact, if Mississippi State offered him their now vacant head coaching job and agreed to pay his buyout at Colorado, I think he would take it and leave Colorado without ever having coached a game there.

Now THAT wluld be comedic gold!! Rooting for it...but I don't think MSU is that stupid. Dan Mullen would be a solid choice though, pretty sure he isn't working at the moment.

Reactions: goldencohusker
Now THAT wluld be comedic gold!! Rooting for it...but I don't think MSU is that stupid. Dan Mullen would be a solid choice though, pretty sure he isn't working at the moment.
I would think they would welcome him back with open arms too, I am sure some fans are pissed but the dude did more for that program than probably any other coach they had.

I would think they would welcome him back with open arms too, I am sure some fans are pissed but the dude did more for that program than probably any other coach they had.
Looks like Mississippi State is going to hire the interim coach as head coach.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT