ADVERTISEMENT

No. 24-ranked YSU lost a shocking contest to the Butler University Bulldogs, 23-21.

Sooner_or_Later

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 7, 2001
Butler was a 37 point underdog.

“They deserved to win the football game,” Pelini said. “As for us, I don’t know if I’ve ever been this disappointed or embarrassed. I thought we were ready to play, obviously I was wrong. The comedy of errors that happened out there is just hard to describe. We didn’t deserve to win the football game, and we didn’t. It would have almost been a shame if we did.”

Pelini also said that “you have to respect this game.”

“When you don’t, regardless of who you’re playing, you’re going to have these results,” he said.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever been this disappointed or embarrassed”
tenor.gif

Regardless of W/L, this will be Mark’s last season at YSU. After February 2019, NU is no longer on the hook for his salary.
Wow, I don't even know by siblings birthdays and you know when Bo stops getting paid by NU?

If you said that to Ted Bundy...Ted Bundy would look at you, while holding his rope, handcuffs, knife and pantyhose and say "Dude, why do you know that? That is creepy"

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Wow, I don't even know by siblings birthdays and you know when Bo stops getting paid by NU?

If you said that to Ted Bundy...Ted Bundy would look at you, while holding his rope, handcuffs, knife and pantyhose and say "Dude, why do you know that? That is creepy"

I don't think it's creepy at all. He's a former employee of the university. We're still paying for that embarrassment. I'll be happy when he gets cut off.

Regardless of W/L, this will be Mark’s last season at YSU. After February 2019, NU is no longer on the hook for his salary.
So you liked the Fox Sports reporterette too I see. Extremely attractive. She was right in front of us. My buddy started hyperventilating and I asked him what was wrong. He said he thought he was experiencing a testosterone overdose.

This has been discussed a ton on this board. How have you never came across it?

I’ve been wondering this for years. If Bo leaves YSU after this year, it proves he’s a fraud. If I’m an AD at a FBS school i would take notice in that too. I also think that his hiatus to FBS football has made him kind of forgotten as a consideration by a lot of schools.

But my bold prediction is he’s coaching Iowa State next year.

What a strange response...

I’ve been wondering this for years. If Bo leaves YSU after this year, it proves he’s a fraud. If I’m an AD at a FBS school i would take notice in that too. I also think that his hiatus to FBS football has made him kind of forgotten as a consideration by a lot of schools.

Why would he ever get hired again? He has everything going for him at YSU, and doesn't seem to be winning.

If he hated recruiting to Nebraska, Iowa State would be his nightmare.

I'm not sure people really understand the magnitude of this upset. Butler, even though they have a well known name and play Big East basketball, is a non scholarship FCS program. Teams like Butler, Drake, Valpo, and others are made up of a bunch of rich kids who are not D1 caliber but want to say they're D1. These are NAIA and D3 caliber athletes with the ability to pay $50k per year in tuition.

To put this in perspective, Butler would not win the GPAC, and if they played a full D2 schedule in the MIAA, they would probably only win 2 or 3 games.

Coaching what? Linebackers?

Reactions: spinner4
Coaching what? Linebackers?
IF Bo was smart, he would immediately put out feelers for exactly that NFL position. That's exactly the only coaching he's qualified to do. At some point, Tressel will recognize his error and pull the plug.

Reactions: steelclaw
Butler was a 37 point underdog.

“They deserved to win the football game,” Pelini said. “As for us, I don’t know if I’ve ever been this disappointed or embarrassed. I thought we were ready to play, obviously I was wrong. The comedy of errors that happened out there is just hard to describe. We didn’t deserve to win the football game, and we didn’t. It would have almost been a shame if we did.”

Pelini also said that “you have to respect this game.”

“When you don’t, regardless of who you’re playing, you’re going to have these results,” he said.
You don't want to catch Butler in football on the wrong day. They will make you pay big time.Winking Probably beat them with the jet sweep.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT