ADVERTISEMENT

NFL tv announcers

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Watching a replay of the Seahawks/Cowboy preseason game. Good heavens the announcers are AWFUL. 2 former players who keep talking over each other and a woman trying to do the play by play. 🤮🤮

Reactions: Wasker77
I assume that was the Seahawks preseason crew. I don't care about either team so I wouldn't watch anyway, but it looks like Seattle hired Kate Scott to do radio pbp. A lot of preseason broadcasts are locally produced and, yeah, a little rough outside the ones that hire the big network guys (Kugler's doing the Texans preseason games for some reason).

I assume that was the Seahawks preseason crew. I don't care about either team so I wouldn't watch anyway, but it looks like Seattle hired Kate Scott to do radio pbp. A lot of preseason broadcasts are locally produced and, yeah, a little rough outside the ones that hire the big network guys (Kugler's doing the Texans preseason games for some reason).
Kugler is great.

Reactions: king_kong_
Watching a replay of the Seahawks/Cowboy preseason game. Good heavens the announcers are AWFUL. 2 former players who keep talking over each other and a woman trying to do the play by play. 🤮🤮
It was the local announcer’s usual a former player is involved .

Drew Goodman and some big guy (forgot his name) used to do fox college football, they was pretty good..

this announcer was decent too

Reactions: zrob
Kugler is great.
Seattle's radio staff is actually pretty good. The pbp person is Steve Raible. Raible was on the original Seahawk team. Out of Louisville and sort of a Steve Largent "light" wide receiver. After his NFL career was over, he went to work for the Seattle CBS television affiliate, KIRO. Worked is way up to lead sports guy and then was the main evening news anchor for many years. He was excellent at that job. I think Raible does a great job calling games. Sure he is a homer, but I think he does have a sense of objectivity. He is not afraid to say a player, or the team is not playing well. His color man was Warren Moon who I thought did a good job as well. When reports of past sexual misconduct by Moon came to light, he was dropped immediately. Now the color guy is former linebacker Dave Wyman

The guys doing the Seahawks preseason games are all former Legion of Boom players. KJ Wright, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. Oh, yes former college quarterback turned NFL special team player and fullback Michael Robinson (Penn State) is on it too. Bennett just talks about how well dressed he is. Even got Pete Carroll to comment on his attire during their first preseason game.

Watching the game and I know it was a preseason game that had no Dak appearance, but I think the Cowboys are going to be just OK, nothing great. Dak is average at best. Cowboys may make the playoffs because the NFC is the weaker of the two conferences, but they will not go far. McCarthy is just blah. I have no idea how he is still the coach. If Purdy stays healthy, I am going with the 49ers in the NFC and the Chiefs from the AFC.

His color man was Warren Moon who I thought did a good job as well. When reports of past sexual misconduct by Moon came to light, he was dropped immediately. Now the color guy is former linebacker Dave Wyman

58e1cde7-907a-4b0e-a059-8e2f8a7d2368_text.gif

One of the best inventions of modern times is the "Mute" button. Have to use it often, tired of the political justice movement and forcing women into broadcasting at every game. At first, it was awkward, but now preferred, I don't have to hear how every play was a mistake and how every touchdown was perfection.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT