ADVERTISEMENT

NFL QB's most people and NFL GM's would rather have over Dak....

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
these are not in order...but kinda sorta close...could be talked into moving somebody up or down pretty easily

Dylan Riola's twin - 45mil / 15 playoff wins
Goff - 53mil / 5 playoff wins
Stafford - 46mil / 4 playoff wins (this one surprised me, was expecting more)
Lamar - 52mil / 2 playoff wins
Stroud - rookie deal / 1 playoff win
Love - 55mil / 1 playoff win
Burrow - 55mil / 5 playoff wins
Josh - 43mil / 5 playoff wins
Purdy - rookie deal / 4 playoff wins
Jalen - 51mil / 2 playoff wins
Herbert - 52 mil / 0 playoff wins
Lawrence - 55mil / 1 playoff win
Rogers - 37.5mil / 12 playoff wins
Caleb - Undefeated in his NFL career , nuff said
Dak - $60mil / 2 playoff wins

...not sure what everyone's issue is with his contract, he's easily a top 15 QB

Seems they’re in a tough spot. The market for average quarterbacks is insane. If he leaves, they risk falling outside the playoffs. I don’t think another team was going to pay him that much to take over their franchise.

They could take a chance on a rookie, but that works out less than 50% of time too. The odds of getting a really really good one are extremely low.

Last edited:
these are not in order...but kinda sorta close...could be talked into moving somebody up or down pretty easily

Dylan Riola's twin - 45mil / 15 playoff wins
Goff - 53mil / 5 playoff wins
Stafford - 46mil / 4 playoff wins (this one surprised me, was expecting more)
Lamar - 52mil / 2 playoff wins
Stroud - rookie deal / 1 playoff win
Love - 55mil / 1 playoff win
Burrow - 55mil / 5 playoff wins
Josh - 43mil / 5 playoff wins
Purdy - rookie deal / 4 playoff wins
Jalen - 51mil / 2 playoff wins
Herbert - 52 mil / 0 playoff wins
Lawrence - 55mil / 1 playoff win
Rogers - 37.5mil / 12 playoff wins
Caleb - Undefeated in his NFL career , nuff said
Dak - $60mil / 2 playoff wins

...not sure what everyone's issue is with his contract, he's easily a top 15 QB
There’s a fairly long list of NFL teams who would rather have Dak than their current starter. If he had gone to free agency he would have gotten more.

There’s a fairly long list of NFL teams who would rather have Dak than their current starter. If he had gone to free agency he would have gotten more.

...but if they had their choice, and they could have any QB on this list, but had to take the contract that went with, he'd be about #15

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
You better worry about your star QB there bud. 😂
why? he has elite defense and special teams to help him.

pack staring down the barrel of 7-10. will need to have a great 2nd half to avoid the NFC North cellar.

why? he has elite defense and special teams to help him.

pack staring down the barrel of 7-10. will need to have a great 2nd half to avoid the NFC North cellar.
Long season. Pack started slow last year and finished strong. We'll see how long Love is out for. You're not going to have Will Levis handed you games every week.

Long season. Pack started slow last year and finished strong. We'll see how long Love is out for. You're not going to have Will Levis handed you games every week.
didn't they play something like 6 backups or 3rd teamers to finish the year last year?

can't wait for Sunday night. Bears-Texans. whole world will be watching!

1.jpeg

Dak with those weapons and that defense we’d be a top 2 seed in the NFC

wasn't he the qb for the #2 seed last year?? ..didn't bear any fruit

...i'd take caleb right now today, because i think caleb can possibly be a difference maker, dak has shown us is isn't, multiple times. but to each their own, there is no wrong answer, only opinions. mine's worth what you paid for it

You’ve got an odd Cowboys obsession and an overall confusion about NFL contracts and the QB position. Hang in there.

I have a football obsession...and if you'd kindly point out where i'm wrong in this post...that'd be great. My guess ia you're a Cowboy fan and not objective on the subkect.

I have a football obsession...and if you'd kindly point out where i'm wrong in this post...that'd be great. My guess ia you're a Cowboy fan and not objective on the subkect.
Dak would slot in alongside Hurts, at worst, on this list

nobody but you cares so deeply about the money. quarterbacks cost what they cost. and guess what - it's not going down anytime soon.

he's probably more like 10th instead of 15th, as you say

Reactions: bigboxes
Dak would slot in alongside Hurts, at worst, on this list

nobody but you cares so deeply about the money. quarterbacks cost what they cost. and guess what - it's not going down anytime soon.

he's probably more like 10th instead of 15th, as you say

Jalen been in the league for less than half the time Dak has, and has already been to a SB...but if their pretty much equal then it's 11th or 12th. So i'm not to far off.

Take Dak out of the conversation if you want objective. Almost every other single QB on your list between the ages of 25-32ish will become the highest paid QB in the NFL when their contract next comes up….again and again. The discussion is around the position, the going rate and how incredibly brutal it is to find one that is good to great. Herbert, Purdy, Lawrence, Lamar, etc. They all have sh!t to prove. Was Stafford trash at Detroit when he hadn’t won anything, yet became the highest paid player in the league for a moment? Would Dak and several other dudes win a Super Bowl with that SF roster over the last few years, maybe? Was Dan Marino trash? Trent Dilfer great? Terry Bradshaw 3 Super Bowls better than Rodgers or Favre? And on and on.

Jalen been in the league for less than half the time Dak has, and has already been to a SB...but if their pretty much equal then it's 11th or 12th. So i'm not to far off.
Just to clarify, is your point that they paid him too much because there are a lot of better QB's making less? If so, aren't you conveniently ignoring @dinglefritz very correct point that he could have easily matched this contract on the open market? The numbers go up, it's a merry-go-round than never stops, and all of the guys you listed are just waiting for their turn at the top. It's not really a measure of who teams would rather have, it's just the market for starting QB's.

Just to clarify, is your point that they paid him too much because there are a lot of better QB's making less? If so, aren't you conveniently ignoring @dinglefritz very correct point that he could have easily matched this contract on the open market? The numbers go up, it's a merry-go-round than never stops, and all of the guys you listed are just waiting for their turn at the top. It's not really a measure of who teams would rather have, it's just the market for starting QB's.

I've posted before I get why they paid him...I understand the market and next QB up usually makes more than the last....but he isn't worth it and its my duty as a Chief fan to poke fun at a guy who had to have the biggest bag and can't win when it matters the most.

I've posted before I get why they paid him...I understand the market and next QB up usually makes more than the last....but he isn't worth it and its my duty as a Chief fan to poke fun at a guy who had to have the biggest bag and can't win when it matters the most.
I am not a chiefs fan in general. But there is no current QB in the NFL regardless of salary that can sit at the same table as PM . He has a table of 1.

Reactions: drubendall
I am not a chiefs fan in general. But there is no current QB in the NFL regardless of salary that can sit at the same table as PM . He has a table of 1.

...AND, he takes less than he could command so he can be surrounded by better players, just like the GOAT did.

...if Dak had done the same and insisted they spend the savings on a RB or tackle, whatever, i'd be the first to give him props...amd he's already made more than he could ever spend so not sure why he was so greedy.

....look, i'm on the clock...it's either talk football or work. I'd rather get paid to talk football.

Accurate. Bills, dolphins, Bengals, ravens fans all have one thing in common. They hope Patrick will be hurt before the playoffs. It’s their only chance.

NFC teams will take turns going to the Super Bowl and losing to Mahomes.

The only current guy I think that is going to compete with Mahomes is Stroud. if he continues to progress, look out. He’s showing signs of having the IT factor. The rest of y’all quarterbacks are scrubs. We all know it.

Reactions: Big bo fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT