ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft.

They will have the draft.. it will just be done in the GMs pjs from home

It sucks for the borderline guys that they won't get the opportunities to try to up their chances at getting drafted with a strong pro day or individual workouts. I won't be watching because I have no team anymore thanks to Billy O'Brien destroying my Texans.

This is huge for the NFL at this moment in time... they need to continue the positive trend after the bottom they faced with whole kneeling thing and race issues that plagued it a few years ago... the NFL was there to unite the country after 9/11. In the same way now with the Virus when there's NOTHING else on, the NFL can capture everyone's attention for the draft and give folks an escape and a sense of normalcy... I think these could potentially be the Drafts biggest ratings ever if done right

I read the NFL is considering having the draft in an online format.

So it will be similar to fantasy football.

Raiders will probably be on auto-draft. Dolphins won't be confident and have someone draft for them. And, if the network is anything like my workplace when widespread telework started, the Bengals' won't be able to connect to the VPN or their connection will time out, and they'll lose the #1 overall pick by not making a selection in time.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
It's an even playing field for the teams. As for the players, sure there are always kids who test really well at their local pro day. But for every one kid whom a late workout helps, there is another kid who gets pushed down the board.

But the draft is usually paralysis by analysis at this point anyway. Teams have their data. For the marginal kids, more often than not it's more advantageous to go undrafted and select your team rather than go in the 6th or 7th anyway.

The draft was going to be in Vegas. They'll just move that back a year. For now, it's a question of how much of the actual season will be played.

l
It sucks for the borderline guys that they won't get the opportunities to try to up their chances at getting drafted with a strong pro day or individual workouts. I won't be watching because I have no team anymore thanks to Billy O'Brien destroying my Texans.
That doesn't amount to very many kids and those guys will likely still get a FA tryout if they put it on video during their playing career. What it boils down to is that the analytics guys want some more numbers to punch in their computer. At a certain point you run out of useful information to gain by more testing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT