ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft ..

I'm just glad the Bears did what they should have with their 1st rounder for once and took a pro-ready player. Tired of them trying to be the most clever team in the room and find the surprise player of the draft so they could look like geniuses after he retires.

Shea ***ing McClellan. Still pisses me off. I was furious when they traded up last year to get Trubisky, too. He seems like a decent enough QB so far, but they didn't have to move up to get him, he would have been there.

Kevin White was a reach, too. No way of knowing he'd break 3 bones in 3 years, but he was consider a very raw, high-upside guy coming out and they pulled the trigger on him. He's barely seen the field and when he has, he's been forgettable.

Might have liked to see them trade back. If AZ was willing to go to 10 they might have been willing to go to 8, but I think I heard on the radio this morning the pot wasn't sweet enough for them to give up the 8 pick.

I'll be very happy to watch Danny and Ro line up side by side this fall. That's a hell of an ILB tandem.

Thanks Club Riley!!!
Um. Better do the math. This year is all Pelini. Pelini's recruiting was awful. Riley has a pretty good shot at having some first rounders out of his recruiting going forward. Jaimes for one. IF he starts at left tackle for the next 2 years, he may not be here for his senior year. Heck Riley could end up having a QB from NU drafted in the 1st round if Gebbia ends up the starter and lights things up.

Unless Gebbia can put on at least 30 pounds in the next few years, I'm not sure he'll even get drafted. Very few QBs under 215 pounds get drafted, especially in the first round.

Unless Gebbia can put on at least 30 pounds in the next few years, I'm not sure he'll even get drafted. Very few QBs under 215 pounds get drafted, especially in the first round.
true. I expect him to gain weight once he turns 21.. He just needs to get on those staples of college life. Peanut Butter and beer.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
Um. Better do the math. This year is all Pelini. Pelini's recruiting was awful. Riley has a pretty good shot at having some first rounders out of his recruiting going forward. Jaimes for one. IF he starts at left tackle for the next 2 years, he may not be here for his senior year. Heck Riley could end up having a QB from NU drafted in the 1st round if Gebbia ends up the starter and lights things up.

Oh God...I just had a flashback to the days of hyping Nick Gates. I'm guessing this one doesn't turn out the same with this coacing and S & C staff though.

Agree about Bo's recruiting... especially in his last few seasons. We were lucky to have one player drafted last year... and although it is unlikely.. we might not have anybody drafted this year (and it might only be Riley's recruit Tanner Lee).

Although I am hoping he succeeds at the highest level possible... lets pump the breaks on Gebbia getting drafted. At this point Gebbia is an undersized backup who has never taken a single snap in a college game and plays for a team that has never had a QB taken in the first round. I know you weren't exactly predicting that it would happen... but that seems incredibly far fetched at this point.

Surprised no mentions yet about the steal that Denver got at #5...I was initially hoping they would trade down with Buffalo or Airzona, but with Chubb there, you have to take him...him and Von Miller coming off the edge is going to cause havoc for opposing QBs...great pick by Elway (and that doesn't happen often)

Got Saints 1st this year and next year. Nice

Hey HBK, apologies for yesterday's outbreak/attack, which I am prone to when I am drunk and angry (had a bad day at work). My bad. Realize you will probably consider my Husker ass an asshole forever, but apologies none-the-less. I dumped all over you and it wasn't right, regardless of how Allen or any of these prospects pan out. GBR

Hey HBK, apologies for yesterday's outbreak/attack, which I am prone to when I am drunk and angry (had a bad day at work). My bad. Realize you will probably consider my Husker ass an asshole forever, but apologies none-the-less. I dumped all over you and it wasn't right, regardless of how Allen or any of these prospects pan out. GBR
Don't sweat it. I said some shit too. I did like the "Kiss my Husker Ass" zinger. Winking

Reactions: cubsker
Don't sweat it. I said some shit too. I did like the "Kiss my Husker Ass" zinger. Winking

Yea, I have my drunk moments.

Look, Allen is the perfect prototype for Buffalo. If he can get some accuracy with some big targets and a few vertical threats, could be special.

Elway is the ceiling for all big-armed Qbs, and had a 60ish completion percentage in college.

As you said, Qbs always a gamble. So hard to gauge. Brady going in the 7th is the epitome of how hard it is to truly "scout" the position.

GBR

Surprised no mentions yet about the steal that Denver got at #5...I was initially hoping they would trade down with Buffalo or Airzona, but with Chubb there, you have to take him...him and Von Miller coming off the edge is going to cause havoc for opposing QBs...great pick by Elway (and that doesn't happen often)

Didn't the Jags take another DL stud as well? The Jets were successful drafting multiple 1st round DL and it works to solidify a potent pass rush/rush defense for years to come. I like the strategy.

I'm just glad the Bears did what they should have with their 1st rounder for once and took a pro-ready player. Tired of them trying to be the most clever team in the room and find the surprise player of the draft so they could look like geniuses after he retires.

Shea ***ing McClellan. Still pisses me off. I was furious when they traded up last year to get Trubisky, too. He seems like a decent enough QB so far, but they didn't have to move up to get him, he would have been there.

Kevin White was a reach, too. No way of knowing he'd break 3 bones in 3 years, but he was consider a very raw, high-upside guy coming out and they pulled the trigger on him. He's barely seen the field and when he has, he's been forgettable.

Might have liked to see them trade back. If AZ was willing to go to 10 they might have been willing to go to 8, but I think I heard on the radio this morning the pot wasn't sweet enough for them to give up the 8 pick.

I'll be very happy to watch Danny and Ro line up side by side this fall. That's a hell of an ILB tandem.

I like Trubisky Beav, he's gonna be a good one. Don't give up on the Bears front office. If he makes a big leap/improvement this year, watch out.

The RG3 comparison is fair - freak athlete that can run the zone/read/RPO offense the Eagles rode to a SB win. RG3 killed it until he got hurt and couldn't stay on the field. Jackson could have the same issue - he has some accuracy problems so will be prone to run and take alot of hits (assuming he plays.....not going to replace Flacco this year)

People hate on RG3 but he was special before the knees gave out.

Great story on Shaq Griffin. Rooting for this guy. He can flat out play ball. One hand. No problem

How good is Mayock with the story about the Iowa DL Claiborne in relation to Griffin. He is so good. Mike Mayock is the best, hands down.

Will Hernandez looks like a Mexican drug lord's #1 bodyguard. El Chapo.

Huge mauler interior OL. Great pick

Pack takes Iowa CB Josh Jackson. Loading up on good corners.

Always draft good corners high.

maxresdefault.jpg

Haven't paid any attention to the draft thus far, dang work!! Anyhow, saw some blurbs about Mayfield, Barkley, and etc. How are we doing on Huskers in the NFL? Anyone yet???

You see anyone last fall that you'd consider 1 of the top 90 players in the country?

Haven't paid any attention to the draft thus far, dang work!! Anyhow, saw some blurbs about Mayfield, Barkley, and etc. How are we doing on Huskers in the NFL? Anyone yet???

Wake up. This isn't a Husker situation.

The NFL draft is a modern day Moroccan meat market played by the biggest capitalists in the world.

Brought to you by a Mom in the inner city working 3 jobs to get her kid eligible.

Great p*((ing drama.

ADVERTISEMENT