ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Combine

Who is the biggest snub? Newsome?

Roster has been bleak, courtesy of the Frost years. I suppose Hutmacher and Robinson might get an invite next year.
Amazing how he destroyed his legacy and turned himself into a crap-stain. I wonder if he even knows it, or cares.

• Sad
Reactions: huskerfan66
Really young roster and we brought back some draft eligible guys like Benhart, Ty, Nash, maybe Gifford. I would think this is the low point. Those 4 next year plus Scott and probably Banks.
Benhardt? Maybe, I guess I just don't see it with T-Rex though.

Does Rhules 5-7 record (equaling Frosts BEST season) look a little better knowing that we had ZERO developed senior leadership that was deemed good enough to be invited to the combine?

Certainly gives some perspective IMO

Not surprising at all, but I too am excited for the future, things , whatever they are, just feel better all the way around right now.
Nash wrestling, kids running track, Rhule buying VB players lunch.

Things, them again, just feel different now. I am excited for next year.

Benhardt? Maybe, I guess I just don't see it with T-Rex though.
He took a big step forward last year. Depth helped him a lot as the season before he played decent but then got wore out playing to many snaps.

If he continues to improve this year with even more depth he could certainly get an invite.

Nash is basically the same story.

Does Rhules 5-7 record (equaling Frosts BEST season) look a little better knowing that we had ZERO developed senior leadership that was deemed good enough to be invited to the combine?

Certainly gives some perspective IMO
The schedule was set up for a good run. No way we should have been 5-7. Rhule deserves some criticism for last season but he's done a great job this offseason.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Tommi Hill, Nutsmasher and probably Gifford will get drafted next year. Hopefully we have some breakouts that aren't currently on draft boards.

The schedule was set up for a good run. No way we should have been 5-7. Rhule deserves some criticism for last season but he's done a great job this offseason.
I see what you’re saying. I honestly think the schedule was set up poorly. Two away games against decent teams is not the best way to set up a new coach for success. This seasons schedule would have been far better for Rhule last year.

Bunch of home games. Layup first game to work out the kinks. Plenty of winnable games to build confidence before you take on the tough teams at the end.

This year is a GREAT schedule for Raiola.

I see what you’re saying. I honestly think the schedule was set up poorly. Two away games against decent teams is not the best way to set up a new coach for success. This seasons schedule would have been far better for Rhule last year.

Bunch of home games. Layup first game to work out the kinks. Plenty of winnable games to build confidence before you take on the tough teams at the end.

This year is a GREAT schedule for Raiola.
Schedule set up years in advance. We knew the non-conference schedule before Frost was even fired. Yes it would have been nice to have atleast started season off with a home game. Not a fan of conference game to begin season

Reactions: BleedRed78
Schedule set up years in advance. We knew the non-conference schedule before Frost was even fired. Yes it would have been nice to have atleast started season off with a home game. Not a fan of conference game to begin season
Agree. Starting with conference games on the road is just stupid. Outside of the Ireland game zero reason to do it.

Schedule for this upcoming season sets up like a dream.

7-0 start with a top 10 ranking and in that first "playoff reveal" that they will totally do.

Blame the B1G higher ups for having confernce openers.
in fact if it wasn’t for the 4 teams coming in from the Pac12 the B1G had Nebraska in 2025 going to Illinois to start the season..

Poor ole Matthew Rhule had to play his first game on the road

You know who else had to play a road conference opener? Deion Sanders - who actually had his team ready to play and then kicked Rhule’s ass up and down the field in week 2.

The abomination that was the 2023 season falls squarely on Rhule who hand picked Jeff Simms as his guy and then declared him an NFL talent

Then when the entire season was sacrificed because of Rhule’s handling of the QB room he had the shameful audacity to compare last years players to the soldiers who stormed Normandy. A more appropriate comparison would be to the brave soldiers at Little Bighorn who unfortunately were led by an idiot general

Enjoy it last year. Won't be the same from here on out

Blame the B1G higher ups for having confernce openers.
in fact if it wasn’t for the 4 teams coming in from the Pac12 the B1G had Nebraska in 2025 going to Illinois to start the season..
Man I literally freaked out when I looked at schedules moving forward on Huskers.com

Looked like we ended season with 4 away games until I realized they have non-conference games, then home games and away games....all listed as TBD for dates and times

Reactions: scarletred
Didn’t minn win just 5 games last year?

And CU just 4 while fielding one of the worst defenses in the country?

These are “decent” teams? Please

We also lost to the worst offense in cfb history

Last year’s schedule was a joke. Staff did more to lose games than win them to start the year and down the stretch

Here’s hoping they improve and/or are able to insulate their mistakes with a sizeable talent advantage going forward

Last year’s schedule was a joke. Staff did more to lose games than win them to start the year and down the stretch

Here’s hoping they improve and/or are able to insulate their mistakes with a sizeable talent advantage going forward
This is one we can agree on. No way on this earth should we have not been in a bowl last year. Pump up the young players all you want and all that but when you look at everything overall, questions remain.

This is one we can agree on. No way on this earth should we have not been in a bowl last year. Pump up the young players all you want and all that but when you look at everything overall, questions remain.
All three QB’s we’re more of the reason than anything we conjure up..

Reactions: WHCSC and RedMyMind
the experience gained is great

the recruiting class looks great on paper

these are good things

but unless Rhule shakes some of the things that have haunted him his entire career when talent is equal or less than, we will continue to drop winnable games

here's hoping he's putting in as much time on situational awareness/in-game strategy as he is on the recruiting trail. it would be awesome to actually have an advantage on the sideline for the first time since Jan 1998.

You're not wrong. Most winnable season and some blunders

All three QB’s we’re more of the reason than anything we conjure up..
they had no position coach - why?

in all 7 games we lost, we reverted to a spread passing team instead of committing to what worked.

we were outcoached by wisconsin. we were outcoached by iowa. we were outcoached by minnesota. we were blown out by a really bad CU team. we got pass happy on the road against a terrible MSU team.

for sure. Our QBs were worse than the worst offense in college football history, starring cheeseburger.
Our OC was outdone by the worst OC in cfb

A lame duck in his final game, no less

Ran it right down our DC’s throat when it mattered most

Something we seldom saw in our favor despite the myriad chances

Our OC was outdone by the worst OC in cfb

A lame duck in his final game, no less

Ran it right down our DC’s throat when it mattered most

Something we seldom saw in our favor despite the myriad chances
Just STOP your drivel..

Just STOP your drivel..
I can’t recount events of last season?

These are legitimate concerns

I don’t think anyone can honestly say we have an in-game coaching advantage over anybody after what we saw last year

We will need to out talent our opponents to win unless the staff vastly improve, just like in Rhule’s last two stops

Works well against the teams we should beat - a marked improvement over where we are currently.

Not so much in the games that matter most, unfortunately

Hopefully Thomas will help significantly to improve the offense. It seems Rhule has seen the deficiency and is making moves to correct it. It doesn’t feel like same ol’ same ol’ and hope it gets better.

Results will tell the story - fingers crossed it comes together in 2024.

The offense was a bunch of rudys trying their best but not good at any one thing. Looking forward to see how things improve going forward. Last year is done, mostly the result of previous coaching staff and the lowest we should hopefully have in our modern history.

The offense was a bunch of rudys trying their best but not good at any one thing. Looking forward to see how things improve going forward. Last year is done, mostly the result of previous coaching staff and the lowest we should hopefully have in our modern history.
I have no doubt we will witness "improvement"

I have some doubt that improvement will be significantly reflected in the W column

any win total over 6 will be a pleasant surprise

record doesn't matter until 2026, and even then I'm not sure how much will be riding on it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT