ADVERTISEMENT

Next NU volleyball coach

Pyrogasm

Walk On
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2022
John Cook is getting up there and who knows when he will hang it up. Who do you think will take over when he retires? Is Jordan Larson being groomed to take over? Does Dani Busboom Kelly come home? Or does someone else take over? I personally think we have a lot of great options.

John Cook is getting up there and who knows when he will hang it up. Who do you think will take over when he retires? Is Jordan Larson being groomed to take over? Does Dani Busboom Kelly come home? Or does someone else take over? I personally think we have a lot of great options.
Please not Jordan Larson. She should go cut her teeth somewhere else first. Also, a lot of people reminisce about how it was BS Tom got to name Solich head coach without the ADs approval, this could be another situation

Could be Jalen. I think he's ready to be a head coach somewhere. The longer he stays at NU says something. Maybe he would rather be with NU as an assistant 🤔. Dani would make sense and be a popular choice. Big shoes to fill for sure.

Surprised Hildebrand is top assistant at usc

Both would be great choices. Even though Dani signed a huge extension at Louisville she has a Nebraska clause in it that Nebraska or Dani pays no buyout if she leaves for Nebraska. That’s pretty telling IMO .
Very interesting! I did not know that.

Cook is obviously setting up the Larson. I think she needs a few years yet to become committed to coaching. The fact she returned from Paris wanting 2 weeks off tells me coaching isn't that important to her. Until she has two feet firmly in coaching and devotes her career to Nebraska instead of playing I would guess it is Dani. I love Jaylen but I don't think they will give him a shot.

I would put money on Busboom. There's a reason she keeps putting a clause in her Louisville contract that there's no buyout if she goes to Nebraska.

Hiring Larson would be like a Frost hire but with less coaching experience. Like hiring Mickey Joseph. NU can get the cream of the crop for their volleyball coach. Remember when we could have hired anyone we wanted to replace Osborne but we hired Solich?

Reactions: drubendall
Hiring Larson would be like a Frost hire but with less coaching experience. Like hiring Mickey Joseph. NU can get the cream of the crop for their volleyball coach. Remember when we could have hired anyone we wanted to replace Osborne but we hired Solich?
Larson was a great player. Hiring her to be the head coach would be the most nonsensical stupid thing imaginable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT