ADVERTISEMENT

Next Commits (WR?)

Just read on the 247 website that we should absolutely land Moore on Sunday, but the trouble will be keeping him until signing day. Sounds like Ryan tried to commit, but was told by us that we no longer have an open spot for him. That means the staff must be pretty confident in landing 2 other guys AFTER Moore who are going to be good receivers.

Looks like we still are projected to land Bleich, too.
Well if the Moore is attending a TAMU BBQ on Sunday with his brother, he's definitely not N this time around. Still a whole season left.

N

Reactions: HuskerO and jflores
I don't have any insider information, but probably best not to read too much into the A&M barbeque thing. Granted it doesn't look great, but this kid has a family like any other. If they are all going to this BBQ it doesn't make any sense whatsoever for him to sit home "because he's not going to A&M".

If he did that, any modicum of suspense he's trying to create with an announcement immediately disappears. And besides that, you'd think his family would want him around anyway, rather than play the loner.

Reactions: timnsun
He just got like 8...Moore...posted. ZING!

He's N, the question is, can we hang on to him?

No matter what his Sunday decision is, this one will go all the way until NSD. We need to win the west this year and ball out in the title game. Gbr

Reactions: TheBeav815
I always wonder if there is the same speculation that Riley is "possibly on the way out" as well.

I agree in that once some of these recruits (on both sides of the ball) see the new system, we're going to be even more attractive. And yes, I do consider our offense to be under a new system with a less mobile QB..

GBR

Reactions: yunginsNU2
.44 Retweeted
⚪️GBR‏@HuskerFanatic22 3h3 hours ago
#LongLiveQ The day has come. Today #HuskerNation welcomes another young gorilla to the family...
1f3f4.png
1f98d.png
#GBR #3StripeLife

And you are certain that we talk about other coaches being on the outs but no one talks about ours. Yea right.

Our AD didn't come out and give Riley an ultimatum like the aTm AD did with Sumlin. So, while there could be speculation about Riley, that's all it is is speculation. Since the poster was talking specifically about Sumlin and his status at aTm, and the potential to lose recruits if they don't win enough and he is fired, I would think that "speculation" is trumped by an actual ultimatum, wouldn't you?

Reactions: dockentwo
Our AD didn't come out and give Riley an ultimatum like the aTm AD did with Sumlin. So, while there could be speculation about Riley, that's all it is is speculation. Since the poster was talking specifically about Sumlin and his status at aTm, and the potential to lose recruits if they don't win enough and he is fired, I would think that "speculation" is trumped by an actual ultimatum, wouldn't you?
Lots of people coming here to be part of something great; especially tied to insiders - tells me a lot of positives

One could argue that our AD did the same when he commented about losing to Iowa. That seems to have been the last straw for the previous staff so a standard of sorts was set. There has been so much talk on there about Riley and Company, it is likely to be used on the recruiting trail.

One could argue that our AD did the same when he commented about losing to Iowa. That seems to have been the last straw for the previous staff so a standard of sorts was set. There has been so much talk on there about Riley and Company, it is likely to be used on the recruiting trail.

So much talk on where?

Edit - Well if other schools are using any speculation that Riley is on the way out, they need to step up their game. Judging by who has committed and who is coming to FNL, their tactics are not working.

Also, I am not sure a comment about beating Iowa at the press conference to fire the previous coach or hire the new coach is anywhere near the same level of ultimatum as on the Paul Finebaum show during SEC Spring Meetings, where Scott Woodard said "Kevin Sumlin knows he has to win and he has to win this year".

Last edited:
As a non-NU person I haven't really heard that much chatter. I wouldn't call this a "make or break" year for Riley (from an outsiders perspective, not arguing how you should feel) but it could be a "break" one...if you guys take a perceived step back on the field you could start hearing the chatter.

If you want an honest opinion on what I think the "buzz" on Riley is right now (from other programs) it is that there isn't much. You guys are recruiting well right now and that is a testament to him (and co) having an organized and deliberate approach on the recruiting trail. However, when it comes to ruffling the feathers of the big boys I don't think you've quite gotten there yet. Start landing some 5*s and some (more) of the universal top 100 types that everyone covets and the negative recruiting will intensify.

As a non-NU person I haven't really heard that much chatter. I wouldn't call this a "make or break" year for Riley (from an outsiders perspective, not arguing how you should feel) but it could be a "break" one...if you guys take a perceived step back on the field you could start hearing the chatter.

If you want an honest opinion on what I think the "buzz" on Riley is right now (from other programs) it is that there isn't much. You guys are recruiting well right now and that is a testament to him (and co) having an organized and deliberate approach on the recruiting trail. However, when it comes to ruffling the feathers of the big boys I don't think you've quite gotten there yet. Start landing some 5*s and some (more) of the universal top 100 types that everyone covets and the negative recruiting will intensify.

We're ruffling feathers on the recruiting front with Ohio State and Penn State, and they are the top programs in the B1G right now, so we are doing everything we need to be doing.

We're ruffling feathers on the recruiting front with Ohio State and Penn State, and they are the top programs in the B1G right now, so we are doing everything we need to be doing.
They are ranked #2 and #4 in the recruiting rankings right now and you haven't landed a single kid in their backyard that they cared about (find a way to land Micah Parsons and things might change fast...though from what I've gathered they dont see NU as a real threat...not saying you aren't...)

But, I'm not going to pretend I know everything so why do you think their feathers are ruffled (and please don't bring up that stupid twitter battle between the NU and OSU wr coaches, both known for taking to the bottle more than they should, this past year)

Edit: I temporarily forgot about you guys getting Lindsey last year...first kudos on that...second, honestly its going to take more than that to ruffle Urban

They are ranked #2 and #4 in the recruiting rankings right now and you haven't landed a single kid in their backyard that they cared about (find a way to land Micah Parsons and things might change fast...though from what I've gathered they dont see NU as a real threat...not saying you aren't...)

But, I'm not going to pretend I know everything so why do you think their feathers are ruffled (and please don't bring up that stupid twitter battle between the NU and OSU wr coaches, both known for taking to the bottle more than they should, this past year)

Edit: I temporarily forgot about you guys getting Lindsey last year...first kudos on that...second, honestly its going to take more than that to ruffle Urban

I think your recruiting expertise must have overlooked Josh Moore and Bookie, fking moron. Just STFU and go back to your own board.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I think your recruiting expertise must have overlooked Josh Moore and Bookie, fking moron. Just STFU and go back to your own board.
I think you are quite out of touch with how other programs recruit and think...but keep insulting people and tell them to get off your lawn...

I think you are quite out of touch with how other programs recruit and think...but keep insulting people and tell them to get off your lawn...

And I think you don't know shit. Oh but you looked impressive suggesting Ohio State and Penn State weren't looking at any of our recruits...until I had to tell you otherwise. Carry on, idiot..

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT