ADVERTISEMENT

new starters

For those that stuck arou d and saw the last drive for the skers.. it was tough sledding for POB...but i see what your saying

Did anyone listen to the postgame on 1620? The problems that NU had stopping the Wisconsin run game seemed to be linked directly to not being prepared week in and week out. The short of it is “coaching”; the long of it is weight room, how practice is designed, as well as intangibles like culture and leadership.
We were outclassed Saturday night and it was haunting how it was done.
My belief is that backups wouldn’t have mattered. I was at that game watching d lineman and linebackers play with pretty much zero leverage.
The post game show on 1620 talked about leverage as muscle memory. If Nebraska isn’t practicing to beat teams like Wisconsin and preparing in those other areas, this game was lost before the opening kick.
Wisconsin didn’t seem to miss Jack Cichy in the second half when they needed to get stops they seemed to have plenty of resolve to get it done when all the momentum was our way. Scheme and recruiting can only take this program so far; this game how it unfolded left a lot to be desired.
We’re talking about practice habits, the same type of discussions that were commonplace when Callahan was around. Backups would have suffered the same fate on D because they aren’t allowed by this staff to really cut it loose and be physical out of fear, our offensive game prep, etc? Not sure how we can’t draw that conclusion
However this offense did perform much better overall than in previous, recent years. In the end, at least on d, it didn’t matter.

We have 3 running plays. We're doomed in this conference.

Wisconsin walked all over us with a counter play because they were good at it and executed it well.. The same play can be run out of multiple sets with different looks and even different tweaks.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT