ADVERTISEMENT

TCU depth chart - 2022 vs. 2023

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
From a comparison of the 2022 and 2023 depth charts - it looks like TCU replaced its starters are QB, RB (but 2022 starter on the dc), all WR, and 3 on the OL. They replaced 2 DL (w/1 2022 starter on DC), 1 LB and 1 DB.

CU went from the outhouse to the penthouse by winning the TCU game. No doubt they are better, but how much was TCU off last season's play? TCU scored pretty much at the clip they did in 2022 while replacing 8 starters. I don't think CU cares much about the defensive side of the ball. CU exceeded their 2022 score by a few TDs, reflecting the potency of their new offense. If NU's LBs and DBs can cover better than TCU's, CU's scoring opportunities will be limited compared to last Saturday.

TCU didn't tackle well , nor did they play sound defense against the pass. It was a Big 12 , Pac 10 game type of game.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Everyone bowing down to Deion when it is actually Colorado’s OC, Sean Lewis, as the magician in charge of the offense.

Reactions: shocksker
TCU stunk last week. There's really no other way to put it.
Here is the difference. Last year TCU wins that game, they got lucky, made a play, the other team dropped a pass, something like that.

They stunk in a lot of games last year but had some magic and that happens.

They had like 5-6 games decided by a TD or less. They were living right.

Reactions: shocksker
CU went from the outhouse to the penthouse by winning the TCU game. No doubt they are better, but how much was TCU off last season's play? TCU scored pretty much at the clip they did in 2022 while replacing 8 starters. I don't think CU cares much about the defensive side of the ball. CU exceeded their 2022 score by a few TDs, reflecting the potency of their new offense. If NU's LBs and DBs can cover better than TCU's, CU's scoring opportunities will be limited compared to last Saturday.
I am mostly worried about our scoring opportunities or lack there of

From a comparison of the 2022 and 2023 depth charts - it looks like TCU replaced its starters are QB, RB (but 2022 starter on the dc), all WR, and 3 on the OL. They replaced 2 DL (w/1 2022 starter on DC), 1 LB and 1 DB.
Their QB was their first game starter last year. He started against CU last year. He got hurt and Duggan took over. It's not always about replacing starters. It's how many snaps and reps did the replacements have. In TCU's case, several were transfers (like their WRs) and some of their new starters played a lot last year. Not some total rebuild.

Here is the difference. Last year TCU wins that game, they got lucky, made a play, the other team dropped a pass, something like that.

They stunk in a lot of games last year but had some magic and that happens.

They had like 5-6 games decided by a TD or less. They were living right.
Six games decided by 8 points or less. TCU lost one of those. A baller QB will win those games and that TCU had.

Reactions: OO Snipes
2022 TCU was propped up by a hero-ball QB and a number of close games.

Top 3 in point differential last year all attended the playoffs. TCU was 30th, behind shitters like Minnesota and Illinois.

Couple that with Michigan being allergic to taking the next step and you have a recipe for one of the most lopsided NC's of all time.

Colorado is much better than they were last year, maybe top 6 in the Pac 12. TCU is a middle of the road Big 12 team coming back to earth.

Colorado is much better than they were last year, maybe top 6 in the Pac 12. TCU is a middle of the road Big 12 team coming back to earth.
So basically this is just another game where NU should be expected to compete and possibly win, very much like a lot of games NU has lost over the past few years.
Play good defense and special teams and play clean on offense and NU is in this thing. I think Rhule and the staff are right to stress not worrying about the atmosphere and just to play football.

Reactions: Scavenger
So basically this is just another game where NU should be expected to compete and possibly win, very much like a lot of games NU has lost over the past few years.
Play good defense and special teams and play clean on offense and NU is in this thing. I think Rhule and the staff are right to stress not worrying about the atmosphere and just to play football.
I predict Nebraska doesn't have enough to stop their speed, unfortunately. Would be pretty shocked if Colorado hangs more than 35, I just don't think the offense can go punch for punch.

one thing that impressed me about Colorado is they didn't let perceived momentum shifts destroy their rhythm. i may be projecting past Nebraska teams onto this, but it seems like back and forth games are just not winnable right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT