ADVERTISEMENT

New QB in the portal?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Michigan State's incumbent starting quarterback confirms he will not return to East Lansing in 2023...

Michigan State Football will have a new signal-caller leading the offense in 2023.

Redshirt senior quarterback Payton Thorne has confirmed with a social media post that he will not return to East Lansing this fall after entering the transfer portal on April 30th.

I had not heard a peep about the kid.

It was mentioned in the thread where Michigan State is now supposedly an automatic win. Why would he come here to be the #2 QB though? And it will be the same story for any other starting QB in the portal for that matter.

Ahhhh, I missed it. Thank you. I guess I hold out hope that not everyone is scared off by a QB competition. Silly me.

Reactions: BleedRed78
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) I think you mean
┳┻|⊂ノ third string QB
┻┳|

It sounds like Thorne is going to Auburn, which is bad news for Casey Thompson, who was their top target before Thorne entered the portal.

Now will be interesting to see where Thompson ends up. There can't be too many Power 5 teams that still need a starting QB at this point.

It sounds like Thorne is going to Auburn, which is bad news for Casey Thompson, who was their top target before Thorne entered the portal.

Now will be interesting to see where Thompson ends up. There can't be too many Power 5 teams that still need a starting QB at this point.
it's not bad news

Thorne stinks

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
Michigan State's incumbent starting quarterback confirms he will not return to East Lansing in 2023...

Michigan State Football will have a new signal-caller leading the offense in 2023.

Redshirt senior quarterback Payton Thorne has confirmed with a social media post that he will not return to East Lansing this fall after entering the transfer portal on April 30th.

I had not heard a peep about the kid.
If you were an Auburn fan you would have heard a lot. He or CT will transfer there most likely.
I think Rhule likes out two back-ups because of their foot speed.

Had a nice laugh today when someone referred to Neb. as a Devepolmental program.
I think he meant Rehabilitate.
That's funny. And Iowa wishes they could get just a taste of the success NU has had. Instead they have to settle on the Iowa administration on settling what now.... 3 or 4 racial discrimination lawsuits? Keep repping that white hood though Hawk.

No QB is coming here with a staff that hand picked Sims who is about as much of a lock to start as there is.

We just need to pray he doesn't get hurt.

Or revert to his turnover tendencies. I’m worried this year will be a lot like a 2am year. When the injuries and/or turnovers start we don’t have a plan B so you have to keep playing him.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT