ADVERTISEMENT

New QB in Portal

Nice, thanks for the info. Why is he leaving Texas? Ewers?
That's my guess. Sark didn't exactly give either Thompson or Hudson Card a vote of confidence in his post season press conference. Coupled with the Ewers transfer (along with WR Worthy publicly campaigning for him), I think he wants to go to a place with a better perceived open competition for a starting QB spot.

He's a good QB. He led the Big 12 in passing touchdowns this years, despite missing time with an injured thumb on his throwing hand. Doesn't have the world's strongest arm, but he's athletic enough to make some plays with his feet.

At least that is an injury that won’t haunt him forever like knees, shoulders or concussions

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
At least that is an injury that won’t haunt him forever like knees, shoulders or concussions
Very true. Depending on the severity of the injury, he should be able to participate in spring ball.

I was disappointed he decided to leave the program, but I completely understand the why. He flashed some great ability before the thumb injury. And, overall, he's an all around good dude. He donated much of his NIL money from this last season.

Very true. Depending on the severity of the injury, he should be able to participate in spring ball.

I was disappointed he decided to leave the program, but I completely understand the why. He flashed some great ability before the thumb injury. And, overall, he's an all around good dude. He donated much of his NIL money from this last season.
He looks like a kid who would fit Whipple's past offenses. Some of the kids who have floated by didn't really look like logical fits at Nebraska. I think we went hard after Brennan but I think that was an extremely long shot to land.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned his infamous Sooner father, Charles, who beat us running Barry's wishbone when we were #1 in 1987. was a sure-fire baseball draft pick when he chose to play football at OU. arrested in '89 for selling cocaine & booted from the team

this kid is a big time player with serious pedigree who would immediately raise both our floor and ceiling as a program

the fact his dad knows NU from his playing days can't hurt, and he's already thumbed his nose at his alma mater once by sending his kid to UT

this kid is a big time player with serious pedigree who would immediately raise both our floor and ceiling as a program

c2a68ad8817855e1e746554a910a872b--meme.jpg

I can't believe nobody's mentioned his infamous Sooner father, Charles, who beat us running Barry's wishbone when we were #1 in 1987. was a sure-fire baseball draft pick when he chose to play football at OU. arrested in '89 for selling cocaine & booted from the team

the fact his dad knows NU from his playing days can't hurt, and he's already thumbed his nose at his alma mater once by sending his kid to UT

I was at that game and remember Thompson being super fast. He looked every bit as skilled as Holieway that day.

Reactions: king_kong_
Um, who's Jason Meece? His Twitter profile doesn't read like someone connected to either the Texas or Nebraska program, though he could be.

Um, who's Jason Meece? His Twitter profile doesn't read like someone connected to either the Texas or Nebraska program, though he could be.
He’s devoted to his heavenly father, a proud father of 4 beautiful kiddos and married to an amazing woman.

In addition, he’s a member of the Adams Pro Golf Tour.

Really not sure what else you can ask of a source, especially since his dad is in heaven for Jesus effing Christ’s sake.

• Haha
Reactions: tpmcg and 9and4
Dudes a stud. Reminds me of AM, but doesn't look like he's maxing his arm out whenever he throws a deep ball lol. Smooth as butter, and the dude can run too

Reactions: headcard
He had a hand injury in the OU game ( his best game). That hurt his production in subsequent games.

AM - 45 TD/30 INT(wow) in 1,055 career attempts at NU. countless lost fumbles in addition.

Thompson - 30 TD/9 INT in 290 attempts at UT.

Thompson also had the benefit of sitting behind a veteran, gutty QB (Sam Ehlinger) who won a heck of a lot more than he lost.

I think it was 4-4

3 years of eligibility left
Isn't it just two years?

2018: Redshirt
2019: RS Fr.
2020: COVID pass
2021: RS So.

Here's Gloomy Gus, I mean, "Mitch Sherman" from The Athletic:

Casey Thompson (Texas)​

The numbers: 6-1, 200, four-star prospect from Oklahoma City in the 2018 class
Remaining eligibility: Two seasons

Linked immediately after his transfer announcement to TCU, Thompson has yet to declare his decision after a difficult season as the primary QB for the Longhorns. He took over in mid-September and led Texas to three consecutive wins before throwing for 388 yards and five touchdowns without an interception against Oklahoma as his team blew a 21-point lead in a 55-48 loss. It was the first of six consecutive defeats, and Thompson suffered a thumb injury that would continue to affect him. Thompson struggled with consistency and appeared on the outside for coach Steve Sarkisian, who added five-star Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers this month. Thompson threw for 2,113 yards and 24 touchdowns with nine interceptions on 63.2 percent passing after serving as a three-year backup to Sam Ehlinger.

Would y'all prefer we get a statue like Tanner Lee again? Lmao
of course not, but it's the losses that had me concerned, as we have had enough, at least I have, of a QB who struggles to win games.

From the evidence presented regarding his hand, that seems to be a valid excuse, and the kid probably shouldn't have been out there playing, but we've been deep into excuses on this board before too.

Could you imagine how jaded things would become if Frost brought in a guy with even valid excuses for losing, and then struggled with confidence problems again and more losses?

Not saying that would happen, but I'd like to see a fresh start in that respect.

of course not, but it's the losses that had me concerned, as we have had enough, at least I have, of a QB who struggles to win games.

From the evidence presented regarding his hand, that seems to be a valid excuse, and the kid probably shouldn't have been out there playing, but we've been deep into excuses on this board before too.

Could you imagine how jaded things would become if Frost brought in a guy with even valid excuses for losing, and then struggled with confidence problems again and more losses?

Not saying that would happen, but I'd like to see a fresh start in that respect.

He “lost” this game. But threw for almost 400 yards and 5 TD’s. I see deep throws, throws into tight windows in the red zone. Stuff we haven’t seen here in a while.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT