ADVERTISEMENT

New commit

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Oklahoma running back
>> NU wants speed and Grayson's got it. He can run the 100 meters in 10.7 seconds — and perhaps faster. That's what Nebraska wants in a skill player — receiver or running back. Grayson is the kind of player who can run around defenders and help the Huskers' offense utilize the entire width of the field.

>>The Huskers beat the in-state schools to the punch. Nebraska landed Grayson — who missed his sophomore season because of a broken ankle — before Oklahoma and Oklahoma State offered him. That's smart on NU's part, because Grayson, once he puts his second year on tape, will attract those top offers. Nebraska landed Grayson as a high two-star/low three-star, and he may end up better than that.

>>Always good to win a recruiting battle in Oklahoma. The Huskers nabbing a skill player inside the 500-mile radius is solid work by running backs coach Ryan Held — who's the position coach and the area recruiter — and should bode well for the future. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recrui...cle_e99f39b2-3c46-11e8-92ea-6fa3a9f8c3ff.html

Last edited:
Looks like RB Thomas Grayson from Tulsa, OK has committed to the Huskers.

T.G 4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣
@thomasgrayson3

Beyond blessed to say I am committed to the University Of Nebraska
1f534.png
26aa.png
#GBR

Awesome, welcome to Nebraska Thomas, you will look great in Red!! 10.7 100m very nice

His film looks pretty good for a 2 star and his star ranking will be updated in the future accordingly, per Nate's opinion.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/thomas-grayson-commit-what-does-it-mean-for-nebraska-
4. The fit between Grayson and Frost's offense appears to be excellent. Grayson brings a ton of speed to the table as he is a legitimate 10.7 100-meter guy on the track and shows his home run ability on his highlight film. Frost wants playmakers in his offense and Grayson is just that.

5. Grayson shows the ability to run between the tackles in addition to having the speed to get the edge. He's a powerful runner that can break tackles and also has a nice stiff arm. In addition to his speed and power, Grayson also shows nice vision and the ability to put his foot in the ground and get up the field. Once he sees a hole and gets through the line he's a problem for defenses to handle.

6. Don't be fooled by Grayson's current two-star ranking. The state champion running back and track star is bound to rise up the rankings over the coming months. Also, with Grayson now in the boat, that likely only leaves one more spot left for a running back in NU's 2019 class.

7. Grayson is a winner in everything that he does. He helped lead his team to a state championship last season and is regarded as a good student in the classroom, a leader on the football field, and is also successful on the track.

I believe his vision is his best quality.. he finds a hole and boom gone.. when there isnt a hole he has the speed to bounce it out side.. cant wait to see him and jaylen bradley in this offense.. should be fun

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I think this kid and Breece Hall out of Wichita are both two star recruits. And this is why SOMETIMES it is better to ignore the recruiting services and look at circumstances or potential, and realize that this looks like a fantastic addition to the program. I doubt that this kid will help us get in the top 10 recruiting rankings next February, but he looks like a fantastic prospect for this offense.

And there are also many four star recruits out there every year who mysteriously do not get signed by top level programs. They are one star prospects in a four star's body.

Reactions: davecasper
Oklahoma running back
>> NU wants speed and Grayson's got it. He can run the 100 meters in 10.7 seconds — and perhaps faster. That's what Nebraska wants in a skill player — receiver or running back. Grayson is the kind of player who can run around defenders and help the Huskers' offense utilize the entire width of the field.

>>The Huskers beat the in-state schools to the punch. Nebraska landed Grayson — who missed his sophomore season because of a broken ankle — before Oklahoma and Oklahoma State offered him. That's smart on NU's part, because Grayson, once he puts his second year on tape, will attract those top offers. Nebraska landed Grayson as a high two-star/low three-star, and he may end up better than that.

>>Always good to win a recruiting battle in Oklahoma. The Huskers nabbing a skill player inside the 500-mile radius is solid work by running backs coach Ryan Held — who's the position coach and the area recruiter — and should bode well for the future. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recrui...cle_e99f39b2-3c46-11e8-92ea-6fa3a9f8c3ff.html

Excellent News! Wow, speed, inconceivable how stupid OU & OSU were not to offer him.

Excellent News! Wow, speed, inconceivable how stupid OU & OSU were not to offer him.
Hope we can keep him when OSU and ou come calling. But from the sound of how he is in character, imI optimistic. But I am sure the local competition will put on the pressure. GBR.

i hope they do come calling hard .. red flag if those 2 don't show interest

He didn't play his sophomore year, he has blazing speed, and from the plays on his video decent vision. Just don't know why OU didn't offer. Kid has a chip on his shoulder for sure. The longer I live the more I realize, when it comes to people judging other people a lot of mistakes happen. Kind of like Riley not wanting Iowa's TE.

Reactions: jlb321
He didn't play his sophomore year, he has blazing speed, and from the plays on his video decent vision. Just don't know why OU didn't offer. Kid has a chip on his shoulder for sure. The longer I live the more I realize, when it comes to people judging other people a lot of mistakes happen. Kind of like Riley not wanting Iowa's TE.

Not expressing concern about lack of OU-OSU interest now - I expect them along with others to come calling in the future

So, anyone have a clue why he is only a 2*? Standing next to the coaches he sure doesn't appear to be 5'11" and 190. In his film he doesn't look that big as well. I don't doubt that the rating will change, doesn't matter much either way, just curious why it is what it is. I remember the excuse for Bradley was they weren't certain he would qualify. What is it now?

Last edited:
So, anyone have a clue why he is only a 2*? Standing next to the coaches he sure doesn't appear to be 5'11" and 190. In his film he doesn't look that bug as well. I don't didn't that the rating will change, doesn't matter much either way, just curious why it is what it is. I remember the excuse for Bradley was they weren't certain he would quakify. What is it now?
It's early and he missed a year of FB. I think there is a MUCH better chance that he ends up a 4-star than a 2-star.

Are you talking about Fant as the tight end Riley didn’t want?

News to me...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT