ADVERTISEMENT

New coaches

IF I were him I would be feeling awfully guilty for all of the bad game decisions I made over the past couple of years. It has to feel pretty shi##y to think that you contributed to people losing their jobs.
And I think of it differently. I think they failed Adrian.

with better qb coaching, he could have had better skills. With better oline coaching he wouldn’t have had to fear for his life half the time. With better RB coaching, he may not have had to completely carry the team on his back.

I think all of that contributed greatly to his struggles over the years. Does he have a part in being at fault? Most definitely, but with better all around coaching, his weaknesses may not have been as magnified

Reactions: BleedRed78 and ADV1
And I think of it differently. I think they failed Adrian.

with better qb coaching, he could have had better skills. With better oline coaching he wouldn’t have had to fear for his life half the time. With better RB coaching, he may not have had to completely carry the team on his back.

I think all of that contributed greatly to his struggles over the years. Does he have a part in being at fault? Most definitely, but with better all around coaching, his weaknesses may not have been as magnified
I am quite sure that he's been told to not blindly pitch the ball forward when he's being sacked and yet we've seen him do that multiple times. It isn't just the things that need to be coach. It's the stuff that every kid who ever played high school football knows you just don't do. It's mind blowing some of the brain farts he's had. One minute he dazzles you with an amazing play and then the next he does something a middle schooler knows not to do.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I am quite sure that he's been told to not blindly pitch the ball forward when he's being sacked and yet we've seen him do that multiple times. It isn't just the things that need to be coach. It's the stuff that every kid who ever played high school football knows you just don't do. It's mind blowing some of the brain farts he's had. One minute he dazzles you with an amazing play and then the next he does something a middle schooler knows not to do.
I remember telling my son near the end of 2018, that Adrian has a chance to really be good if he can just quit making these 5-6 bonehead plays a game.
Adrian never got past making us scratch our heads.

He forces things because he feels he has to. With better overall coaching, he wouldn’t have to force as much

he may feel it’s ok because he sees a certain qb 200 miles southeast of him do stuff like that every week. They aren’t even close to the same level of the b, but kids sometimes emulate what they see.

But that arm parallel to the ground, 2nd baseman turning a double play move, was a new one for Adrian.

I think Trev knows an OC for Bama that their fans are trying to unload. Start the transition plan now! :cool:
We don't want him, but West Coast would love it. Personally, as long as SF isn't calling the plays, I'm good.

I'd like to see the SF call the plays in Qtr 1 and 3, and the OC call the plays in Qtr 2 and 4. Just kidding.

If I’m making a list, Tom Herman is at the top of it. Knows how to navigate the Big 10, and can now recruit TX, likes the power run out of the spread, and could truly take the offense off HCSF (if he lets him.)

You mean “in a helluva way”
You never know what his last moments were like. I have done a lot of prison ministry, and have led many men to Christ in there. I was always shocked when they would say to me, "Prison saved my life"... I never guess or attempt to guess a persons salvation. That is between them and God.

If I’m making a list, Tom Herman is at the top of it. Knows how to navigate the Big 10, and can now recruit TX, likes the power run out of the spread, and could truly take the offense off HCSF (if he lets him.)
He also coached at Iowa St for a few years before his days at Ohio St.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I think Trev knows an OC for Bama that their fans are trying to unload. Start the transition plan now! :cool:
I don't think Bill's offense works with the type of talent we have on the roster or could attract by next fall. If people liked Callahan's offenses they would love Bill's offense. Stretch runs left. Stretch runs right. Short dump off passes on 3rd down short of the chains.

Show me one time when I ever said he was a great QB. I've made 527 posts, so just find one.

You'll find some of my posts that say NU should make a change at QB.
The kid did play with a broken jaw. I'll give him that. It's just frustrating to see him scramble, take the ball 70 for a TD and then do something silly that a high schooler knows better than to do. I've defended him for 4 years because he's played with injuries his whole career at NU but it reaches a certain point where damn man, you're a senior QB. You've started 4 years. You can't make some of the stupid mistakes you're making.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT