ADVERTISEMENT

Need a Laugh? Fitz's Best Wins of his Career

Major bowls are the New Years6 bowls when the playoffs started..

Orange
Rose
Sugar
Cotton
Fiesta
Peach

And this doesn’t mean Ioway played in a Major bowl in 1982..

According to this, Wisconsin has two. The PAC-12 has 4 total. ND has zero. The West has only appeared in 4. Wisconsin with three and Iowa with one. Big 12 as a whole has 6 wins. (I’m not counting ISU beating 2-3 Oregon in 2020). MAU has 2 wins. Michigan 0. Just some random ones I saw.

I don't think too highly of them either.. that one where they put in the effort to decipher all the signals really calls into question their morality about what is supposed to be a game.

So 4 loss Auburn beat 2 loss Alabama then lost to 2 loss Minnisucka Schlong who lost to 4 loss Wisconsin?. And this is the best thing you have to defend the Big Ten? weak
No, Minnesota didn't beat a 4-loss Auburn team. They were 9-3 and ranked in the Top-10.

Alabama was 10-1 and fighting for a Playoff spot when they lost to Auburn. Their only loss was 46-41 to Joe Burrow & eventual National Champion LSU.

You guys twist everything and talk out of both sides of your mouth to trash the Big Ten West.

Reactions: moralvictories
Fitzgerald, coaching in Dublin, Ireland? The name is worth 3 points on the spread, unless Nebraska has a great ground and pound rushing game. Coin flip: Nebraska wins. Accept the ball and run it down the Wildcats throats.

Run the damn ball!

No, Minnesota didn't beat a 4-loss Auburn team. They were 9-3 and ranked in the Top-10.

Alabama was 10-1 and fighting for a Playoff spot when they lost to Auburn. Their only loss was 46-41 to Joe Burrow & eventual National Champion LSU.

You guys twist everything and talk out of both sides of your mouth to trash the Big Ten West.
We don't trash it...the teams trash it.

Good lord, NC State has more votes in the coaches poll than all the Big Ten West teams combined.

In what world do Iowa fans and Minnesota fans unite in a common struggle?? In a world where they are up against big bro that’s where. What a bunch of beta cucks…..of course I’ll take alternate explanations, please correct me if I’m wrong…… @SWIowahawks @Flick2.0 @jonesy5960 @cidsports
I root for the Big Ten when they play against other conferences. Almost everyone roots for their own conference...except Nebraska fans.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
We don't trash it...the teams trash it.

Good lord, NC State has more votes in the coaches poll than all the Big Ten West teams combined.
There you go again. Twisting & cherry-picking stats.

I could say that SEC teams never have a better season than even lowly Kansas had.

There you go again. Twisting & cherry-picking stats.

I could say that SEC teams never have a better season than even lowly Kansas had.
The SEC has seen 3 of its programs crowned champion just in the CFP era

the B1G hasn’t had 3 programs crowned champion in its entire history playing modern football (50+ years)

Last edited:
I root for the Big Ten when they play against other conferences. Almost everyone roots for their own conference...except Nebraska fans.
giphy.gif

I guess I am still on the other side of the fence on this thread...I think the phrase "A rising tide lifts all boats" applies here. We want the west to be better and I have zero problems hoping the west teams win all their games, minus one of course. Haha.

Conference honking is for idiots trying to justify their teams failures. We’ve been hearing it from Iowa fans forever……

Right? like when you played sports in HS...did anyone ever once "root" for another team in their conference? No, they did not give a ****.

The only time I care about what other teams are doing...is when I bet on them or if I hope they win or lose. I don't care what conference they are in.

Because I am normal.
If you have to play Big Ten West teams regardless...might as well have them be ranked highly...which will help Nebraska's ranking. Right?

Or have Husker fans lost all hope of winning? Such bitterness.

The SEC has seen 3 of its programs crowned champion just in the CFP era

the B1G hasn’t had 3 programs crowned champion in its entire history playing modern football (50+ years)
The SEC gets 2 teams into a 4-team Playoff...while other conferences get 1 or 0. Let's see what happens if we ever get a real Playoff.

This is another reason to want the Big Ten to be considered strong. More teams selected.

looks to me like yet another case of getting caught up in the B1G's penchant to worship people for winning absolutely nothing

fitz choosing to coach a bunch of eggheads is his prerogative, but it certainly doesn't make him the second coming of Bill Walsh

best win of his career was a 17-10 victory over some iowa team nobody ever heard of. whoopdeedoo.

I hope we shove it down his throat every second on Saturday. I have zero respect for fitz or nw - which produces blowhards at an astonishing rate.

run it up, Whipple!!

You must not be old enough to remember when Northwestern possessed the longest losing streak in CFB history. Their mantra was, You may beat us today, but tomorrow we will be you boss. What Fitzpatrick has done there is spectacular and no they do not have a distinguished list of victories, but it far supersedes what Frost has done at his alma mater.

While I don't particularly care for Fitz, he is a great coach. What he has done with that program is nothing short of remarkable
Agree. Northwestern was like Rutgers in football until the mid 90's. Barnett created modern NW football and Walker and Fitzgerald have improved the program. The Northwestern of old would have zero chance competing against the Huskers, but now they do compete.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
The SEC gets 2 teams into a 4-team Playoff...while other conferences get 1 or 0. Let's see what happens if we ever get a real Playoff.

This is another reason to want the Big Ten to be considered strong. More teams selected.
Your point is soooooo flawed. Let me count the ways.

In the 8 years there has been a 4 team playoff, there have been 2 times that the SEC had 2 teams. So six years 1 team and 2 years 2 teams. In both of those years, the two SEC team won their semi final and played each other in the championship game. Then consider, in the 8 years there has been a playoff system, at least one SEC team has played in the title game 7 times.

Now taking that information into account, you are trying to convince me that with a "real playoff" the results would be somehow different? Based on what, Minnisucka huge Dick beating a 4 loss Auburn team that one time in 2019??

I can't speak for all Nebraska fans, but to me, the Big 10 is just a financial arrangement - it's basically like playing an entire schedule of non-conference games - I want NU to win every game, but beyond that, I have no emotional attachment to this conference.

I'm good with the big . it's sucks we have been disfuctionally pass happy in it..but I can't blame that on the big ...I might raise a eye brow on tressle and urban types on possibly buying teams in the pass. but thats all legal now..I would'nt have minded seeing michigan upset georgia last year..and I'll pull for the big against any other conferences. I think all in all the big has been pretty good about things..

the money is good, ohio state and michigan don't seem to pull the shenanigans a ut and 0u did.
and some year after the big is done adding teams we might get a reliable and balanced schedule...

I think nil, might even level the feild for the big with the sec...within a few more years..
and that can't hurt the income any either...

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Agree. Northwestern was like Rutgers in football until the mid 90's. Barnett created modern NW football and Walker and Fitzgerald have improved the program. The Northwestern of old would have zero chance competing against the Huskers, but now they do compete.
As head coaches, Barnett and walker both have big ten title rings but fitz does not. Its weird to say but under that measure he has underperformed his 2 predecessors

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
Your point is soooooo flawed. Let me count the ways.

In the 8 years there has been a 4 team playoff, there have been 2 times that the SEC had 2 teams. So six years 1 team and 2 years 2 teams. In both of those years, the two SEC team won their semi final and played each other in the championship game. Then consider, in the 8 years there has been a playoff system, at least one SEC team has played in the title game 7 times.

Now taking that information into account, you are trying to convince me that with a "real playoff" the results would be somehow different? Based on what, Minnisucka huge Dick beating a 4 loss Auburn team that one time in 2019??
You should write to the basketball selection committee and tell them we only need 4 teams. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and 1 random selection per year. Because those 3 teams are so good that they would never lose a real playoff. So why waste time.

Saban & Alabama are so awesome that they don't even need to play the games. I don't know why they're even bothering to go to Texas this year. That will be 3 times now in Saban's 15 years that he's wasted his time by playing a road game.

But you're right. If the Big Ten West beats an SEC team, then of course that team sucked at that moment only.

You should write to the basketball selection committee and tell them we only need 4 teams. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and 1 random selection per year. Because those 3 teams are so good that they would never lose a real playoff. So why waste time.

Saban & Alabama are so awesome that they don't even need to play the games. I don't know why they're even bothering to go to Texas this year. That will be 3 times now in Saban's 15 years that he's wasted his time by playing a road game.

But you're right. If the Big Ten West beats an SEC team, then of course that team sucked at that moment only.
Dude...are you a Gopher fan or a conference fan?

Do you have the Big Ten logo tattooed anywhere on your body, be honest.

You guys have lost touch with what normal behavior is. The non-stop Big Ten bashing and SEC backside smooching is really affecting you.
Dude, didn't your team just lose to BGSU in one of the biggest point spread losses in the last 50 years?

What is there to jerk off about?

Rooting for your conference is like what small crappy conference fans do. Like MAC fans..."Look look...we can compete with the big boys!"

You guys have lost touch with what normal behavior is. The non-stop Big Ten bashing and SEC backside smooching is really affecting you.
if you want to know why everyone outside of b1g country makes fun of the b1g & its false prestige, just look in the mirror

you are the posterchild for loser b1g fans everywhere. the fact you're also a trekkie should surprise exactly nobody

'normal behavior' is not going to another team's board every day for more than a year and crying day and night about how little respect your team and conference receive there, that's for goddamn sure

get a fvckin life, dork

As is the norm with people whose point was demolished, you moved the goal posts.

I am not sure what point the Duke, Kansas, Kentucky reference is supposed to make.

Your claim was that somehow the results are going to be different because there would be more teams.

also, my point that your 2 loss team beating a 4 loss team in a bowl game has nothing to do with the Big Ten west. It has to do with bragging about your two loss team as if it was some sort of special team because it beat a 4 loss team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT