ADVERTISEMENT

Need a Laugh? Fitz's Best Wins of his Career

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
looks to me like yet another case of getting caught up in the B1G's penchant to worship people for winning absolutely nothing

fitz choosing to coach a bunch of eggheads is his prerogative, but it certainly doesn't make him the second coming of Bill Walsh

best win of his career was a 17-10 victory over some iowa team nobody ever heard of. whoopdeedoo.

I hope we shove it down his throat every second on Saturday. I have zero respect for fitz or nw - which produces blowhards at an astonishing rate.

run it up, Whipple!!

I can't really muster the dislike for NW or the B1G like you do, but that IS a pretty pathetic list! Who writes garbage like this?

"The goal of every college football head coach is to not only win games, but to win their conference. On Nov. 10, 2018, Fitzgerald and the Wildcats achieved that goal (kind of) by locking up their first ever Big Ten West title."

Kind of???

Has Frost compiled his list of big wins at Nebraska yet?
1. Penn St, 2020

We lose that game if either:
* Games lasted 62 minutes instead 60
* PSU defensive coaches realized going in how limited Luke McCaffrey was as a QB

But as it stands, it is Frosts greatest win as HC at NU. So bask in that glory.

Reactions: king_kong_
I can't really muster the dislike for NW or the B1G like you do, but that IS a pretty pathetic list! Who writes garbage like this?

"The goal of every college football head coach is to not only win games, but to win their conference. On Nov. 10, 2018, Fitzgerald and the Wildcats achieved that goal (kind of) by locking up their first ever Big Ten West title."

Kind of???
Right out of the B1G fan playbook

Pathetic

Reactions: mgbreis
looks to me like yet another case of getting caught up in the B1G's penchant to worship people for winning absolutely nothing

fitz choosing to coach a bunch of eggheads is his prerogative, but it certainly doesn't make him the second coming of Bill Walsh

best win of his career was a 17-10 victory over some iowa team nobody ever heard of. whoopdeedoo.

I hope we shove it down his throat every second on Saturday. I have zero respect for fitz or nw - which produces blowhards at an astonishing rate.

run it up, Whipple!!

While I don't particularly care for Fitz, he is a great coach. What he has done with that program is nothing short of remarkable

While I don't particularly care for Fitz, he is a great coach. What he has done with that program is nothing short of remarkable
what, exactly, has he done?

northwestern is currently +10,000 to win the b1g west. literally max odds - the same we'd receive if you and I started a b1g west team tomorrow. they are a doormat.

remarkable!

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. That is a good list for that program, and I always wondered if Fitz might move on to the NFL or a "better" college program for a chance to take the next step. Until then, I think he's done a damn fine job at Northwestern.

1. Penn St, 2020

We lose that game if either:
* Games lasted 62 minutes instead 60
* PSU defensive coaches realized going in how limited Luke McCaffrey was as a QB

But as it stands, it is Frosts greatest win as HC at NU. So bask in that glory.
No way. MSU in 2018, kickers paradise. I believe that is the last time I saw frost smile, we had momentum.

Reactions: king_kong_

Kind of???
Similar to the hogeyes collection of kind of trophies of substance they have amassed like the Hy-Vee trophy and pig-fuch trophy they pull their meats to.

It compounds the embarrassment of these past five seasons. The west is an extremely weak division.
Yep...that is what makes this so lame.

It would be one thing if there was even one awesome team in the West but it is pretty much all the same shitty version of the same team.

It is why Iowa can be ranked 4th in the nation hosting a crap team like Indiana and the line is like -6.

Yep...that is what makes this so lame.

It would be one thing if there was even one awesome team in the West but it is pretty much all the same shitty version of the same team.

It is why Iowa can be ranked 4th in the nation hosting a crap team like Indiana and the line is like -6.
It’s hilarious that the tools in Iowaugh and the fans of other west division teams think their teams are going to compete nationally trotting out pro style QBs and running three yards and a cloud of dust. I love to see them get their hopes up and then have them come crash back to earth when they have to play a team with half a heartbeat.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan

run it up, Whipple!!

And yet … If he beats us Saturday, it shouldn’t crack this list.

Reactions: rmndcat
Has the big ten west won any major bowl games in the last ten years? I suppose Wisconsin beat Western Michigan once in the cotton bowl, but should that even count? The division has sucked.

Wisconsin won the Orange Bowl in 2017. It’s an interesting question and one that needs some definition of “major bowl”. OSU might be the only one from the East to do it. Would be interesting to see what other conferences have done.
Major bowls are the New Years6 bowls when the playoffs started..

Orange
Rose
Sugar
Cotton
Fiesta
Peach

And this doesn’t mean Ioway played in a Major bowl in 1982..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT