Nebrasketball @ St John's

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
Nebraska in all blacks tonight.

So will it be an upset?

If we lose, should we be upset?

McVeigh is a defensive liability. Can only play him when the other team also has a slow white guy he can guard.

McVeigh is a defensive liability. Can only play him when the other team also has a slow white guy he can guard.

He’s not that bad, but he is a match up problem against a team like this. We won’t see much of Jordy IMO.

Seriously though.....all we do is drive and throw up some garbage that gets blocked. Looks like they are always in a pick up game.....what do they do during practice?

Gill’s my-turn-to-shoot alarm went off, so he goes 1-on-3. Shocking it didn’t result in points.

Gill’s my-turn-to-shoot alarm went off, so he goes 1-on-3. Shocking it didn’t result in points.
Might as well at least chuck it the direction of the rim instead of turning it over. We must have 20 turnovers by now. St. Johns is really quick.

Borchardt is playing early in a game? Too bad he can't make a free throw. We're getting killed. St. John's D is just stifling.

Nebraska in all blacks tonight.

So will it be an upset?

If we lose, should we be upset?

Well, these guys look like basketball players, but they don't play that way.

Jordy is a big bodied center. He should be a force. Is there a reason why Nebraska doesn't throw the ball inside to him every time?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Seriously though.....all we do is drive and throw up some garbage that gets blocked. Looks like they are always in a pick up game.....what do they do during practice?

I can tell you. Nebraska gets into a motion set, makes a few passes to the three point line extended with high picks, then the guy who catches at the top of the key takes it to the basket and heaves up a prayer.

That is the offense.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Typical Tim Miles basketball. I’m not sure Nebraska ever gets better at basketball.

I say that because you can run a motion offense with 2 bigs setting picks in the paint, it works, and it takes pressure off the other 3 have to create offense.

Of course, you have to be able to shoot the ball well at the perimeter...

Thought this Copeland kid was supposed to be so good. Two quick fouls on Palmer and Watson didn’t help. Tough night so far hopefully they can turn it around in second half.

Jordy looks like he's regressed. Copeland can't hit the side of a barn. Somehow Evan Taylor looks like our best player.

Seriously though, is Jordy any good in the post? He's big.
He's hit-and-miss. I would like to see him get the ball a bit more, but he's not skilled enough with the ball - not yet anyway - to be the main offensive option.

Borchardt is playing early in a game? Too bad he can't make a free throw. We're getting killed. St. John's D is just stifling.
Okeke made a dumb play on the goaltend - but I don't see why in the Hell that earned him a seat on the bench. Huskers need someone athletic in there to defend the rim, or the Johnnies are just going to run layup lines all night.

Thought this Copeland kid was supposed to be so good. Two quick fouls on Palmer and Watson didn’t help. Tough night so far hopefully they can turn it around in second half.

I thought they said in the radio the last time he played St Johns with G’Town he scored 28.

No, he’s not. He’s a turnover waiting to happen. He may be the biggest disappointment of the season thus far.

Thanks. I don't watch Nebrasketball much, because, well, we usually suck.

Jordy is big. Looks like he needs a summer with Patrick Ewing or somebody who can teach him how to throw that weight/height around near the rim.

These other guys, just damn. St. John's guys can ball. Our guys, not so much.

Not unathletic though. Some descent looking athletes.

Ol' Doc Sadler playing Michigan tough on the road, tied at 32 at the half. Maybe Hoiberg taught him how to coach offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT