ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska's next first-team all-conference position player

9and4

All-American
Dec 4, 2013
Baltimore
This week's unveiling of the all-conference teams by the Big Ten confirmed what we already suspected — this year would be the fifth consecutive year Nebraska hasn't had a player on either the first-team offense or first-team defense. Our most recent first-teamer was punter Sam Foltz in 2015. Our most recent offensive first-teamer was Kenny Bell in 2014. Our most recent defensive first-teamer was Randy Gregory in 2014.

So of the current roster and committed players yet to show up at UNL, who will be our next first-team all-conference position player? It's bound to happen sooner or later, right?

At this point I’d almost rather it not be a position player. Wouldn’t that be great.

I will go AMart next year, think he heals up and returns to form. Wandale/JD will greatly improve with healthy AMart. On D I will go Nelson and Taylor-Britt in 2 yrs.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Mills! Seriously, if they run him like they did the last few games and he stays just as sharp or even better. I see a 1000 yard season and lots of TDS.

I'm shocked Jaimes doesn't get recognized. He's a very solid lineman.

Yeah he is, probably our best since Spencer Long who was 2nd team B1G. Jaimes isnt super eye catching like some of the top tier linemen, but then again thats also a good thing in that whenever theres a sack were not looking his way as if it was his fault. Hes solid and rarely doesnt make his block however effectively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT