ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska will win bigly

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
When we get serious about elite line play on both sides of the ball.

Until then… expect average/below average football

Reactions: WHCSC
We need to find a way to out spend some the big boys for elite players. We won’t be able to build elite offensive and defensive line (or get difference makers at QB) if we can’t out spend the teams we want to beat. Matching offers or “coming close” won’t cut it. Unfortunately it’s all about the money now, and we don’t have the cache’ to simply match offers and pull top players.

$: money, period. Will bells Nebraska Red until I die, but our fanbase FUC**NG SUCKS when it comes to donating for the cause. This alone; the conservative nature of the Husker Faithful, has and will FOREVER; doom us to be at best, a mediocre program. We spend money on Volleyball; rightfully. And I have zero interest in that. I’ll watch and complain until y’all understand EXACTLY why we’re an un-talented football program. Rhule WILL NOT solve this with 3-star talent. He also won’t put us into a favorable recruiting situation with what we have. Hope we don’t waste another 3 years. Am sitting in a half-empty stadium, and it’s Deserved: I hope our sellout streak ends, if nothing more than to wake up the fanbase as to the problem. It’s OUR fault.

Reactions: shocksker
$: money, period. Will bells Nebraska Red until I die, but our fanbase FUC**NG SUCKS when it comes to donating for the cause. This alone; the conservative nature of the Husker Faithful, has and will FOREVER; doom us to be at best, a mediocre program. We spend money on Volleyball; rightfully. And I have zero interest in that. I’ll watch and complain until y’all understand EXACTLY why we’re an un-talented football program. Rhule WILL NOT solve this with 3-star talent. He also won’t put us into a favorable recruiting situation with what we have. Hope we don’t waste another 3 years. Am sitting in a half-empty stadium, and it’s Deserved: I hope our sellout streak ends, if nothing more than to wake up the fanbase as to the problem. It’s OUR fault.
If we want the best players, we have to spend the NIL money in order to get the best players. However, I still want our fans to fill the stadium every game.

Predicted 38-0, FWIW. They’re just BETTER, at literally every position, and SPECIFICALLY because we don’t pay our players. Because Nebraska Fans truly believe that our coaches can make apples into oranges. 3 Star talent has never, and never will, compete in the Big 10. And less so I’m coming years, because we’re adding Talented Teams. You can only Buy an Orange.

NIL is the devil in disguise...always hated the idea and now that it's here I hate it even more than I thought I would...that and the portal are terrible. I will also never donate a single dime to rent a player(s) and don't expect others to do something I would never do so I don't know what the answer is.

Reactions: baseball31ne
NIL is the devil in disguise...always hated the idea and now that it's here I hate it even more than I thought I would...that and the portal are terrible. I will also never donate a single dime to rent a player(s) and don't expect others to do something I would never do so I don't know what the answer is.
You can hate NIL and the transfer portal all you want, but the fact is, if you want to have a winning team in this day and age, you have to invest money into NIL and get the best players from the transfer portal.

Reactions: Frozone
You can hate NIL and the transfer portal all you want, but the fact is, if you want to have a winning team in this day and age, you have to invest money into NIL and get the best players from the transfer portal.

Hence the..."I don't know what the answer is"...

Fact is i'm not even sure where we rank with it. I feel like i'm told we are one of the top schools with it but if that's the case where are the players?

Reactions: moralvictories
I don't follow the NIL money at all so maybe others here that do can tell which teams are actually paying out the most cash and some of the players who are killing on the field as well as their bank.

The last time I paid attention was with Decoldest, and we know how that turned out. The current staff has to work harder than they ever have if this ship is to sail again, wish they could steal some 4* players from Ohio, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, etc. There should always be at least 5-6 players in state that should turn into solid players for Nebraska.

When Nebraska, in my opinion, starts averaging 10-12 4* players every class, that will help elevate the program to compete against anyone. Like it or not, This staff will be around for a number of years (maybe a few coaches will move on) I hope like hell they can make it happen. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT